Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eradrop

SkyBox for sharing with the community

On 27.3.2017 at 7:11 PM, Death Egg said:

Very nice. Are they public domain by chance?

Yeah sure

Saved to Skyboxes folder! Will use some of this for my next mappack. I really needs wide skies.

15 hours ago, Eradrop said:

Yeah sure

You sure didn't use any external resources, like photos from online? Licensing can be a bitch.

I thought he asked if the skybox can be uses by the community, so I said yeah sure. About the photos, my father is a photographer so I took the picture sources from his view packs, (The factory skybox for example I took a picture from a factory not far from my house), but some of them are from online either so I dont know about licensing...

That could definitely work in doom, given the right mod. Fistful of Doom comes to mind. :)

Great skies btw, keep up the great work!

The red city sky is excellent! Also, is sky9 based purely from your father's photos? It's quite interesting.

The pink space skybox looks great. Is is possible that you can turn it into a normal skybox with 6 sides including an up and down and with a resolution of 128X128 minimum per side?

Have you ever played a map which plays under the ground... maybe you did but I never...

Well... A SkyBox that makes you feel under the ground is always fresh thing

Sky20 - 5.png

I think that it is really cool that you make 256X1024 style skyboxes. These should work very well for people making vanilla style maps with the intent of using a non repeating skybox texture. I think that someone should make an archive with just these kind of skyboxes.

That's pity. A landscape of smoke, fires and thunders would be incredible. But I think you cannot make it with vanilla doom.

Oh I get it, well, didnt thought about it that far, but I can tell you soon im gonna release a small skybox pack with animated skies just like he meant...

Animated skyboxes (beyond just the usual Quake style rolling clouds, i.e. Sky2) never get old.

I wonder how long it'll be until AAA engines start supporting the 360 degree videos used in VR experiences?  Or you could probably fake it with just a room playing a variety of videos at different angles and the SkyViewpoint.

Say, GZDoom doesn't support in-engine video, does it... :D

You could make an animated texture with a lot of frames, but that could cause problems as if you were using that many different textures, because you actually are.