Find results in...
Eradrop

SkyBox for sharing with the community

On 07/09/2017 at 4:48 PM, Eradrop said:

Red Apocalypse?

2.png

Or Grey Apocalypse?

1.png

I feel like this one would be good with 2 colors, like sky being one and city being another.

Well i had a version of grey sky and red city but it was ugly on my opinion.

So i think the whole parts of the sky should be in the same color

4 hours ago, Marcaek said:

I feel like this one would be good with 2 colors, like sky being one and city being another.

I found the those skies I've spoke about them,

3.png

4.png

Hey, these are pretty cool.

So cool, in fact, that I think I'll use some of these in a project of mine in the (hopefully) near-ish future. :D

These are fantastic and one of them matches up almost exactly with a skybox that I already had in mind. The fact that it's animated it a huge bonus and should really help to create a nice wow factor. Thank you for your work.

What tic rate would you recommend for the following skybox? I initially thought that I could get the clouds to move smoothly and slowly but that would probably require hundreds of frames. I'm trying to strike a balance between having something that looks eye-catching but not too slow and jittery.

giphy.gif

Woah! Fantastic work! I am a big fan of Skybox and just love to watch those mountains, clouds or landscapes, really amazing, could I use your work as my Profile cover? Thank you! 

Thank you! YES! Also with some Re-repositioning of the moon/sun on skybox59 i think it would work well in episode 4 of Freedoom/Double impact.

Edited by MrD!zone

Have you tried using dithering to get rid of some of the color banding? It's especially noticeable in any clouds.

Can those skyboxes be put up on something more sane like dropbox? Mediafire's shady ads can bug off.

Wow, I've recently played Slender The Arrival and that sky with the black figure reminds me of that so much. It's a really comprehensive and rich sky pack, well done and thank you for sharing!

Hi sorry for the question, but how I can apply this in GZDoom?

I can't figure out how to make this work like a PK3 or WAD.

I need to know where put the images (I don't know the path structure)

Then making a lump (plain text I think?) that specifies many parameters pointing to that image?

Can you show some little example and where to put the files please?

I'm not programmer and I'm very noob to make this.

I hope you can 😥

If with pk3 structure - textures folder(there plenty of examples from zdoom/gzdoom levels, look it up), if wad format, you can simply slap it between tx_start and tx_end lumps. Then use stuff that Dragonfly pointed out. 

On 3/23/2022 at 5:39 AM, SolivaN said:

I need to know where put the images (I don't know the path structure)

Then making a lump (plain text I think?) that specifies many parameters pointing to that image?

Can you show some little example and where to put the files please?

I'm not programmer and I'm very noob to make this.

I hope you can 😥

Take a look at A Sky is a Sky is a Sky