Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm working on a project that uses DeHacked and Rise Of The Triad sprites,textures,sounds and music. But it does have custom levels. My goal is to make it work with Boom and Vanilla doom. Here's what i have done so far.

ROTTHavoc.zip

2 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

Is there a way to play the vanilla levels with RoTT weapons only?

I have no clue. I have not found a converter that can convert ROTT levels to doom.

26 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

There is a RotT to Wolf3D converter... and a Wolf3D to Doom converter.

If you like pain.

Could you please link them to me? plus i know of one wolf3d to doom converter but i can't find a way to get it working.

Has it occurred to you that the enemy sprites are twice as big as they should be? You should scale them to 50%.

Just now, Blastfrog said:

Has it occurred to you that the enemy sprites are twice as big as they should be? You should scale them to 50%.

I'm not that good with DeHacked. i have no idea how to scale them down.

You can't do it in Dehacked. You have to actually export the images and scale them in an image editor.

9 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

I have no clue. I have not found a converter that can convert ROTT levels to doom.

No, you misunderstand me. What I meant to ask you is if it would be possible for you to make a separate addon that allows the player to use RoTT weapons, items and power-ups in Doom levels. Think of Duke It Out in Doom or Samsara, but with RoTT arsenal.

7 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

Could you please link them to me? plus i know of one wolf3d to doom converter but i can't find a way to get it working.

http://rotthq.com/?s=wolfenstein

http://www.simbey.com/doom/maptowad.asp

You have a brave soul.

(in the case of the wolf2doom converter, you need to build the nodes yourself after the conversion. Basically, open the wad in DB2 move a vertex, save, move it back and save.)

5 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

No, you misunderstand me. What I meant to ask you is if it would be possible for you to make a separate addon that allows the player to use RoTT weapons, items and power-ups in Doom levels. Think of Duke It Out in Doom or Samsara, but with RoTT arsenal.

Yeh I can do that. Even though its just the pistol, dual pistols, mp40 and bazooka.

Most of them have behavior that is impossible to replicate in DEHACKED anyway.

4 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

I thought Rise of the Triad had multiple missile and magic weapons.

I could turn the bfg into the staff or godmode. And turn the plasma rifle to staff

I might need some help scaling down the sprites for the enemies. Or somebody could scale down the low guards and the lightning guards and rename them to the names of the zombieman and shotgun guy. if you want the sprites from rott ill link them here.  I'm just asking for some help. 

https://mega.nz/#!Gx8z0QzJ!1j2OPvZV02X5bMwiKD25IxlQg36GFL19Bl9nkcuLsvE Link updated.

Edited by MrD!zone

Well, I could help you if your link wasn't broken. It asks for a decryption key, I can only assume that wasn't intentional.

I can dig up my copy of ROTT, just have to find the CD in my closet first.

Don't you think it would be better to use the ROTT palette? If you're interested, we could collaborate on this.

Edited by Blastfrog

On 3/28/2017 at 7:58 PM, Blastfrog said:

Well, I could help you if your link wasn't broken. It asks for a decryption key, I can only assume that wasn't intentional.

I can dig up my copy of ROTT, just have to find the CD in my closet first.

Don't you think it would be better to use the ROTT palette? If you're interested, we could collaborate on this.

I'm trying to get this working with vanilla/Boom but yeh sure. We could collaborate. I fixed the link for the sprites file. you should be able to download them now. its most of the sprites from rott.

Edited by MrD!zone

Woo some new stuff... but its not alot. Added: a unfinished third map, a interpic , some stuff at the title screen, gibbing animations, some other stuff.

ROTTHavoc.zip