Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrCacod3mon

Custom Health Bonus Sprites

i am again asking for help for another part of a wad i'm making...

I am looking for a custom health bonus sprite of a visable image of brisk iced tea...

but every time i crop the image to 14x18, i get a crappy low quality photo...

can anyone send me a high quality photo of the brisk iced tea can that is cropped to 14x18

IT HAS TO BE A PNG FILE!!!

like this size

|

|

\/

BON1A0.png.c18f1b9f541f5fa8d7bd66d5635dd13f.png

Friend, 14x18 means it is 14 pixels by 18 pixels. You literally cannot have a high quality image that is 14x18. I'm sorry :(

Perhaps it is possible to scale it down, but I wouldn't know.

14 minutes ago, bonnie said:

Friend, 14x18 means it is 14 pixels by 18 pixels. You literally cannot have a high quality image that is 14x18. I'm sorry :(

Perhaps it is possible to scale it down, but I wouldn't know.

Well i have seen stuff where someone got some image and put it on a small texture and it looked fine!!

it could be possible...

9 minutes ago, MrCacod3mon said:

Well i have seen stuff where someone got some image and put it on a small texture and it looked fine!!

it could be possible...

Yeah probably, I dunno I'm just an idiot :(

Perhaps you meant scaling? You have a large image but the engine downsizes the sprites so that they appear smaller?

What you need is someone with epic photoshop skills, they could get it done. Although, you can do it yourself by using hires replacements of the health bonus sprites. Slap your higher res versions of the BON1 or w/e sprites into HI_START/END. Should work.

Sounds like you are actually resizing, not cropping. If you want it to look good, you have to create an image (or find an existing image) that is already at the right size.

52 minutes ago, FuzzballFox said:

Perhaps you meant scaling? You have a large image but the engine downsizes the sprites so that they appear smaller?

This here. ZDoom can take an image meant for a sprite and scale it down to whatever size you want and you won't lose any quality. In fact, this is what most people do (myself included).

On 3/28/2017 at 6:05 PM, Nevander said:

What you need is someone with epic photoshop skills, they could get it done. Although, you can do it yourself by using hires replacements of the health bonus sprites. Slap your higher res versions of the BON1 or w/e sprites into HI_START/END. Should work.

that could work... but sadly i don't have photoshop...

nor i don't have enough money to get it <:(

8 hours ago, MrCacod3mon said:

that could work... but sadly i don't have photoshop...

nor i don't have enough money to get it <:(

There are free graphic editors that are pretty much equally powerful, such as GIMP.

Honestly you'll do a better job than anyone could here as only you know exactly what you want.

If I were you, and if you genuinely do want a 14x18 sprite (I.e. aren't using Zdoom) draw one yourself using a full picture as reference. 14x18 is just over 250 individual pixels, not an overwhelming number to work on. MSPaint will work fine. At that resolution, simply writing "Brisk Iced Tea" will take up almost all your pixels. It's a tiny image after all.