Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Battle_Korbi

What happened to Samsara?

I remember a period of my time being spent on Samsara servers, and boy a periodofmytime well spent!

However, nowadays, even when I updated Zandronum and Zdaemon, there just aren't any Samsara players anymore. Some servers still exist, empty of course, but still, I am just wondering did I skip something over, and how did Samsara managed to die down?

Thanks for tolerating my shit.

Random Samsara games are rare, if you want to change that best bet is to host some and stick around until people join.

I'd suggest making buddies with the dudes in #anakeion on zandro irc if you want better chances.

Well, I like Samsara... didn't even know there were multiplayer servers, ever... that sucks. Probably none now because the development of the mod died down due to "lack of interest" or something.

There are just so many Doom mods that none ever seem to stick around forever (bar the classic co-op / DM mapsets). I'm sure I've seen active Samsara servers fairly recently though, it might just be a matter of checking at the right time. Weekends are when you get the most players by a wide margin, I'm sure if you can get just one other person in a Samsara server with you several others will follow shortly after, especially if you're playing on a well liked mapset.