Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cambreaKer

New technospider concept art

I have made a concept art for the new Technospider monster. It was made in MSPaint of course.

Here it is:

58dc1b3d13b14_averyawfulconceptartmadeinmspaint.png.b10a0a1543f81683e44b15e6c8229048.png

Does it look good or BAD?

I'm going to be very charitable here, and suggest that we can't tell whether it's good or bad until we see multiple viewpoints to get an idea of its volumetric dimensions; even sprites need them if they have turnarounds (which Doom's and therefore FreeDoom's sprites do).

20 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

I'm going to be very charitable here, and suggest that we can't tell whether it's good or bad until we see multiple viewpoints to get an idea of its volumetric dimensions; even sprites need them if they have turnarounds (which Doom's and therefore FreeDoom's sprites do).

Here's the angled sprites:

58dc21c34dff4_averyawfulconceptartmadeinmspaint.png.ee2b7767e84f9ebcd113f712108bd453.png

techs2.png.830bffbb22f072c3fe4bc6b04eca43ca.png

techs3.png.33a5c9e6c7b8f742db134f88f3d8769e.png

techs4.png.f11a2242de1124a5dd5faa4037fa2919.png

techs5.png.50e4015381701dfa5433868fbf49bbe3.png

I'm not that good at making angled sprites.

It's literally a walking magnet with a green sphere head.

It's imaginative for sure, but even if rendered at the same quality raymoohawk is cranking out for new FreeDoom sprites, I don't know personally if it would fit with the aesthetic.

I'm not in charge by any means, but I'd register a 'no' vote. Sorry.

You know what, I wouldn't mind seeing a Freedoom fork with retro sci-fi aesthetics. Properly realized, of course.

10 hours ago, Jayextee said:

It's literally a walking magnet with a green sphere head.

That was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Sorry, but this just looks ridiculous.

Could we try not to insult people that are willing to help?

Also I could imagine a three-legged version of this might actually look pretty nice. On the other hand, I'm pretty happy with the current spiders.

1 hour ago, luckypunk said:

Could we try not to insult people that are willing to help?

Also I could imagine a three-legged version of this might actually look pretty nice. On the other hand, I'm pretty happy with the current spiders.

I haven't seen any insults - only constructive, albeit very negative feedback. The truth of the matter is, that this doesn't look like it's going to work out.

it's imaginative, and different. But the top part would at least need a recoloring because I think it looks exactly like a pimiento-stuffed olive