Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Know PSXDoom for ZDoom? Someone can say they are stealing levels from PSX Doom. What matter and who cares? Many similar mods out here. Anyway it's still needs the main IWAD. May be it needs clarifying some things...

The only thing I worrying about it's title. Doom 2: Update. Sounds like some official ID release. Or just unoriginal. I hope it will be WIP title.

Okay. I would like to point out that TNT and Plutonia both have a waterfall texture, so they will need to have independent names. I was thinking TFALL1 for TNT and PFALL1 for Plutonia.

Evilution actually have some multitextures (long textures made from different patches). Including waterfalls.

I'm currently remaking E2M8 right now, who wants to see the progress?

BTW about the plutonia waterfall thing, will it matter to change it now? Once we actually put these levels for they're own IWAD, we're going to make minor edits to them if we felt it lacked at first, so would it matter to change its name?

Can we make it a rule that we have to COMPLETELY REDESIGN MAP28? Like change its entire... level

I mean, if your wondering why, play map28

Oh and for a basic "progress report", how does this look?

Screenshot_Doom_20170331_024217.png

10 minutes ago, konamikode said:

Can we make it a rule that we have to COMPLETELY REDESIGN MAP28? Like change its entire... level

Are you referring to map28 of doom 2? Because that's one of my favorite doom 2 maps.

20 minutes ago, konamikode said:

Oh and for a basic "progress report", how does this look?

Screenshot_Doom_20170331_024217.png

As Much as it would be cool to do so, I don't want to manipulate the rules to make it that way. I want the shape of the vanilla maps to be there ya know? Changing it ruins the point. Adding areas is ok, but not competely overhauling the level. BTW Your little screen shot looks really nice, maybe add a little tint of color to the dynamic light? make it look like a more "Worn-out" light? like a slight tint of orange/yellow. Im going to post a little bit of screenies for my E2M8 soon.

I've got all the textures updated for Congo... then I found out that this Plutonia Texture Pack actually uses mostly the original names so all the work I did was pointless:

Anywho, I just figured out how to actually turn on the lighting effects so I can start working on that. Also, converting the map to UDMF pretty much fucks up every line function and monster tags. So I'll have to reconstruct all that by hand.

12 minutes ago, NecrumWarrior said:

I've got all the textures updated for Congo... then I found out that this Plutonia Texture Pack actually uses mostly the original names so all the work I did was pointless:

Anywho, I just figured out how to actually turn on the lighting effects so I can start working on that. Also, converting the map to UDMF pretty much fucks up every line function and monster tags. So I'll have to reconstruct all that by hand.

If you Google around you might be able to find some utilities to convert maps to UDMF. I'm not very familiar with this process myself but here are some links that turned up: 

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34140

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/61050-udmf-converter/

https://zdoom.org/wiki/UDMFConvert

1 hour ago, NecrumWarrior said:

I just copied the map from the wad. opened a new project and pasted it and it comes it as is.

16 hours ago, Drfluffystuff said:

e1m3screen.png.3842e32f74b01c373d6b2938aa56ba06.png

So would this be to drastic of a change? Start of E1M3

I feel bad to say that, yes it is a bit too drastic. I feel bad because it looks REALLY FUCKING AMAZING and utilizes a bunch of UDMF Features already! but its just the map doesnt feel very vanilla enough. Like yea it definitely is a remaster if anything and looks much better than what my project was pointed towards to, but.. I dont know man. 

Ive been recently thinking about this project and maybe it wasn't the best idea to start a project based around this. Maybe I might change the direction of this project to adding lots and lots of extra details to the maps to as Drfluffystuff shows in his beautiful e1m3. Still don't know yet.Im also considering maybe scrapping this project in turn for another I've had in mind, Open-World Doom maps where 3 Keys must be found in drastically different, Huge parts of the map that you'll have to bust your butt getting to. then you'd return to the start where the gate with all 3 keys lock is needed and you go in and unlock to get to the next level. Im thinking maybe just having this as a side project for that other idea? Give me your guys's opinions on the subject.

Drfluffystuff's screenshot is exactly what I thought this project was supposed to be, renewing the maps while not changing the general shape of the level

5 hours ago, 7Soul said:

Drfluffystuff's screenshot is exactly what I thought this project was supposed to be, renewing the maps while not changing the general shape of the level

Well, Maybe suppose that would be the better idea here.. My original idea was literally leaving the levels the same, adding special effects and stuff and adding atmosphere, and utiliing every UDMF Format feature possible. As the project went, I realized there isn't really much room for creativity unless you actually went and added even more detail to those maps and refreshed it. So be it. Fluffys screenshot is a great example and IMO would be funner to do something like that although more time consuming.