Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
woody of doom

level ice age from timothy brown

Hi peoples,i wanted to create this topic because i want make you discover the level ice age created by timothy brown,this is a huge and beautifull level so if you want to take a look of this level and playing it(record footages too),this is the link : 

And don't hésitate to subscribe the channel of timothy for support him because he is really a very good designer and making goods vidéos.

2 minutes ago, Linguica said:

looks good Go To Topic Listing WADs & Mods Next unread topic Spanish translation for GZDOOM/Traducción al español para GZDOOM Unread Content Mark site read Home Classic Doom WADs & Mods level ice age from timothy brown Reply to this topic Start new topic

hein? rien compris

Looks interesting but I don't see any ice

Theme

Privacy Policy

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.

19 minutes ago, Ralphis said:

Looks interesting but I don't see any ice

Theme

Privacy Policy

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.

The reason why the level got the title is because it has snow and lava. If you have seen the entire video, you will see what I am talking about.

Best thread ever.

Also, Ling's '25 likes a day' apparently cost him a like from me for that hilarious post, which I find equally funny even though it doesn't matter.

Played about 20 minutes and ended up stuck every way blocked unless it was one of those unmarked telepoters that seemed to abound, it also had a lot of unaligned textures.  

This feels like Okuplok or Chillax. Anyway,slaughter maps makes me tired and often I fall asleep before player reaches exit. 

I know you like making slaughter maps Timothy but you should put in some work to make some shorter levels that are less slaughtery. Could still have an above average count tho.

Keep in mind not everyone likes super high monster counts and very long maps.

You could build up more of a reputation with making standard maps and your extreme maps.

15 minutes ago, Glaice said:

I know you like making slaughter maps Timothy but you should put in some work to make some shorter levels that are less slaughtery. Could still have an above average count tho.

You could build up more of a reputation with making standard maps and your extreme maps.

I would agree with this.  Making fights that involve a variety of monster types for infighting would give a much more dynamic feel than rocketing 200 hell knights in a hallway with no other options.

Also,he should merge resources in one wad. It's too silly keep resources separated from main wad if map is finished. 

17 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Also,he should merge resources in one wad. It's too silly keep resources separated from main wad if map is finished. 

I've tried doing that but the textures ended up loading incorrectly when merging certain texture packs into the wad file (you would see a bunch of black walls and stuff like that).

17 hours ago, Glaice said:

The issue I have with making smaller levels and putting up videos of them is that the videos don't get nearly as many views as the videos of longer maps that I produce (they wind up with only hundreds of views as opposed to the longer videos that get thousands of views). I'm not going after you for saying this.

21 hours ago, Ed_Deth said:

Played about 20 minutes and ended up stuck every way blocked unless it was one of those unmarked telepoters that seemed to abound, it also had a lot of unaligned textures.  

About the unaligned textures, I've tried auto-aligning them but it was doing some weird stuff and another thing is that when saving the map, Doom Builder 2 failed to save with the nodes, whether or not I configured it to save with the nodes, and I used ZenMode Fast (no reject) for the nodebuilder because if using ZenMode Normal, it would take a long time to save changes made to the level. I don't know if anyone has a solution to this issue.

Doom Builder Error.png

You should  move to gzdoom builder(bugfix) version. It saves a lot of time . Also,try clear old textures and reinclude them again. 

27 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

You should  move to gzdoom builder(bugfix) version. It saves a lot of time . Also,try clear old textures and reinclude them again. 

Same. Doom Builder 2 is discontinued at this point. Using GZDB-Bugfix will solve your problems.

23 hours ago, Ed_Deth said:

What do you think I should do about these since I recently installed GZDoom Builder and use it for analyzing it? Is there a way that I can fix the issues without having to go through the hassle of having to realign every texture one by one? Another thing I would like to ask is what should I do about the video that I put up if I make so many texture adjustments to the level and then release it on MediaFire for download?

GZDOOM Builder results.png

I suppose you could do that AND put it on /idgames/. Mediafire is unlikely going to be a permanent file host in the far future, see what happened to MegaUpload and Rapidshare, they're both gone now.

Getting it on a more permanent location for the final version is the best idea.

Edited by Glaice

20 minutes ago, Glaice said:

I suppose you could do that AND put it on /idgames/. Mediafire is unlikely going to be a permanent file host in the far future, see what happened to MegaUpload and Rapidshare, they're both gone now.

Getting it on a more permanent location for the final version is the best idea.

But the issue with uploading it to idgames is that I don't know how I am supposed to go about doing it. Another issue is that it does not take wad files that have MP3 or OGG music in them and file names cannot be more than 8 characters long. The reason why I upload my levels to MediaFire is because I may find something that needs to be changed and when I update the level, I take out the old version and upload the new version into the website and link the latest version of the file (to save up on storage space). My concern is that if I upload a file to idgames and I find that it needs changes after the fact and I want to remove it from the site, I may not be able to do it.

Using a MIDI in its place and renaming the files isn't that big of a hassle. Check the /idgames/ sticky to know more if you have questions on it. I don't know why they still choose to use 8 character limit, probably easier to look things up and let the title/description show the full name?

1 hour ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

But the issue with uploading it to idgames is that I don't know how I am supposed to go about doing it. Another issue is that it does not take wad files that have MP3 or OGG music in them and file names cannot be more than 8 characters long. The reason why I upload my levels to MediaFire is because I may find something that needs to be changed and when I update the level, I take out the old version and upload the new version into the website and link the latest version of the file (to save up on storage space). My concern is that if I upload a file to idgames and I find that it needs changes after the fact and I want to remove it from the site, I may not be able to do it.

An idea of mine. You can use .mod, .it, xm (ZDoom, Zandronum and GZDoom can recognize these formats) and many other songs if you want to add it to your wad.
Find it here: https://modarchive.org/