Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
woody of doom

level ice age from timothy brown

3 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

An idea of mine. You can use .mod, .it, xm (ZDoom, Zandronum and GZDoom can recognize these formats) and many other songs if you want to add it to your wad.
Find it here: https://modarchive.org/

What about converting an MP3 to .mod, .it, or .xm? Don't get me wrong, though, my Ice Rage level already has a MIDI file in it. The link you provided is where you download the music files that you've mentioned.

2 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

What about converting an MP3 to .mod, .it, or .xm? Don't get me wrong, though, my Ice Rage level already has a MIDI file in it. The link you provided is where you download the music files that you've mentioned.

Try to convert it. I had no luck btw...maybe I haven't found the right converter. I have Total Audio Converter and you can't convert .mp3 files into .mod or .xm or .it files...

If you have midi already included in wad,keep it. Just give credit in text file from where you took it. Also,ogg format plays in prboom+ and other advanced ports. Just convert mp3 to ogg and problem solved. 

13 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

If you have midi already included in wad,keep it. Just give credit in text file from where you took it. Also,ogg format plays in prboom+ and other advanced ports. Just convert mp3 to ogg and problem solved. 

I already gave credit in the description of the video to let people know where the music came from. The advantage of doing that is that other people who want to put up a YouTube video of my levels will know if the music is free to use or ad-supported. I stick with free-to-use music to avoid content ID matches. The only video of my custom levels that got hit with a content ID match was my Oreo Cake Massacre video ("Includes copyrighted content"), which contained the same music as level 20 from Italo-Doom. I don't know what the name of the music is, though. I'm sure Zachary Stephens or Daniel Jakobsson may know the answer.

38 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Try to convert it. I had no luck btw...maybe I haven't found the right converter. I have Total Audio Converter and you can't convert .mp3 files into .mod or .xm or .it files...

Does Total Audio Converter convert MP3 to .midi or something like that?

4 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I already gave credit in the description of the video to let people know where the music came from. The advantage of doing that is that other people who want to put up a YouTube video of my levels will know if the music is free to use or ad-supported. I stick with free-to-use music to avoid content ID matches. The only video of my custom levels that got hit with a content ID match was my Oreo Cake Massacre video ("Includes copyrighted content"), which contained the same music as level 20 from Italo-Doom. I don't know what the name of the music is, though. I'm sure Zachary Stephens or Daniel Jakobsson may know the answer.

Recognized .mp3 songs as well as .ogg songs are a problem thanks to the YT content ID. I'm a youtuber who uploads Doom gameplay and I got marked for Unloved and Unloved 2. That's why I suggested the idea for getting to the page that I posted a while ago...

2 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Does Total Audio Converter convert MP3 to .midi or something like that?

You cannot convert a digital audio format to a synthesized audio format. It's like trying to create an image of the back of your house with an image of the front of your house. The opposite works because playing back synthesized audio outputs to an analogue or digital stream (logically for it to be sound), but there's no way to convert an audio stream into something that just says when to play notes and samples.

1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

You cannot convert a digital audio format to a synthesized audio format. It's like trying to create an image of the back of your house with an image of the front of your house. The opposite works because playing back synthesized audio outputs to an analogue or digital stream (logically for it to be sound), but there's no way to convert an audio stream into something that just says when to play notes and samples.

Then one thing I would like to ask is, how was Zachary Stephens (aka "Ribbiks" on this site) able to convert the song "Epitome II" from Blut Aus Nort (music for level 30 from Slaughterfest 2012) into MIDI?

leodoom85 said "Recognized .mp3 songs as well as .ogg songs are a problem thanks to the YT content ID. I'm a youtuber who uploads Doom gameplay and I got marked for Unloved and Unloved 2. That's why I suggested the idea for getting to the page that I posted a while ago..."

The music for my Oreo Cake Massacre level was in MIDI format. I've noticed people uploading videos of level 13 from Sunder which contains the music from Blade Runner and even when in MIDI format, the videos still got hit with copyright claims. If the music comes from a movie or television program, then I can see why those videos get claimed, due to the MPAA and the RIAA.

4 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Then one thing I would like to ask is, how was Zachary Stephens (aka "Ribbiks" on this site) able to convert the song "Epitome II" from Blut Aus Nort (music for level 30 from Slaughterfest 2012) into MIDI?

leodoom85 said "Recognized .mp3 songs as well as .ogg songs are a problem thanks to the YT content ID. I'm a youtuber who uploads Doom gameplay and I got marked for Unloved and Unloved 2. That's why I suggested the idea for getting to the page that I posted a while ago..."

The music for my Oreo Cake Massacre level was in MIDI format. I've noticed people uploading videos of level 13 from Sunder which contains the music from Blade Runner and even when in MIDI format, the videos still got hit with copyright claims. If the music comes from a movie or television program, then I can see why those videos get claimed, due to the MPAA and the RIAA.

Oh yeah, that too. Even a mix of music and sounds (if the sample coincide, that is) are enough for the YT content ID to put a mark on you. That's ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Glaice said:

I suppose you could do that AND put it on /idgames/. Mediafire is unlikely going to be a permanent file host in the far future, see what happened to MegaUpload and Rapidshare, they're both gone now.

Getting it on a more permanent location for the final version is the best idea.

MegaUpload relaunched in January of 2013. The only reason why the website was closed down in January of 2012 was because the people who manage the website acted as an organization dedicated to copyright infringement. As for RapidShare, people turned away from it because it made people pay a monthly subscription fee for the service. If you want to read more about MegaUpload and RapidShare, they are listed on Wikipedia. MediaFire does have a policy against sharing copyrighted content. Below is an example of a file that is flagged for copyright. It's a file that already existed when I first created an account to the website.

MegaUpload: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaupload

RapidShare:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RapidShare

MediaFire Copyright.png

57 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Because he most likely didn't, as MIDI based off of other compositions are typically transcribed. In the same way one could play the Ghostbusters theme on a piano, one can also play the same theme on a MIDI keyboard or make a MIDI with the same tempo and beats direct in software.

As a fun note, that same beat, tempo and tone can very well trigger the Youtube content ID system, so a MIDI following the same patterns will strike it in a sort of weird technically-true positive, but entirely predictable if you understand how algorithmic music analysis comparisons work.

How do you go about merging the Slaughterfest 2012 texture pack into the wad along with the cc4 texture pack without any issues with the textures loading? I fixed as many misaligned textures as I could. If there are any more, just let me know where you see them (with screen shots included) and then I will see if I could try fixing them. Some of them could not be lined up perfectly or they may be too much work for me to fix them. I have a new version of the file up for reference. I renamed the file to "IR_v2."
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3wrnes4wjp83rie/IR_v2.zip

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

Adding/removing assets in a wad is typically done with Slade, iirc.  It's not a huge deal as wads can be launched with a .bat file(as I do) or the wad and asset wad can be selected and dragged onto the executable.  I'd still like to see these sector problems fixed and give this map a go.  Shame to see a Boom compat map not playable in PrBoom+.

13 minutes ago, loveless said:

Adding/removing assets in a wad is typically done with Slade, iirc.  It's not a huge deal as wads can be launched with a .bat file(as I do) or the wad and asset wad can be selected and dragged onto the executable.  I'd still like to see these sector problems fixed and give this map a go.  Shame to see a Boom compat map not playable in PrBoom+.

I already put up a video of my level. If using a Boom compatible source port, you could try merging the sf2012-tex into the wad file. What sector issues are you seeing?

On 4/21/2017 at 10:23 AM, loveless said:

I made a post about this map being broken in PrBoom+ in your other thread on it.  

I fixed the missing lumps in the level. Should be playable now. I think the ones in the red rectangle in the image below are the ones you are looking for. I just realized that if I use ZenMode Normal, it will put all of the necessary lumps into the wad file (if using GZDoom Builder Bug Fix).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/37ubr5b3f8vc2rx/IR_v3.zip

Lumps.png

23 hours ago, Edward850 said:

As a fun note, that same beat, tempo and tone can very well trigger the Youtube content ID system, so a MIDI following the same patterns will strike it in a sort of weird technically-true positive, but entirely predictable if you understand how algorithmic music analysis comparisons work.

This is why I stick to "safe" music such as made by the community and such (or from my Rock It! series). Vid.me, probably not as stringent in the music/audio department compared to YouTube.

6 hours ago, Glaice said:

This is why I stick to "safe" music such as made by the community and such (or from my Rock It! series). Vid.me, probably not as stringent in the music/audio department compared to YouTube.

The reason why YouTube does the system the way they do it is because you can't have a billion people sit through every minute being uploaded to the site. It's physically impossible. If video sharing websites did not have a copyright detection automated system, they would shut down and the recording and the movie industry would have them in court all of the time. I would blame the government first and then blame the people who manage the websites.

9 hours ago, Glaice said:

New version is up. The textures should be clean now (in terms of alignment).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/me92ch3rul1gr8m/IR_v4.zip

Your wad seems to work so far with cc4-tex but trying to use the included SF2012-tex wad resulted in this  58f2bc3cd2.jpg

3 hours ago, loveless said:

Your wad seems to work so far with cc4-tex but trying to use the included SF2012-tex wad resulted in this  58f2bc3cd2.jpg

I don't know what the solution to the problem is. I'm not certain on how I am supposed to go about merging sf2012-tex.wad into the wad file without any issues with the textures. You may need to ask Yousuf Anik about it. When he merged sf2012-tex.wad into my Dark Energy level, the textures loaded fine when he played through it. Here's a link to his profile so that you can get a hold of him because I would like to hear what he has to say about how to solve the issue: 
https://www.doomworld.com/profile/18258-yousuf-anik/

Alright people, I merged sf2012-tex.wad into the wad file and I was happy to announce that I did not have any issues with the textures loading. It is still version 4 but I added in some custom sound effects (specifically the cyberdemon wake up and the plasma gun fire sound effects). The cyberdemon wake up effect produces the same sound as the one from Doom 3 and the plasma fire sound effect is the same as the plasma sound effect from the same game mentioned. It's still version 4, just modified.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/26wpkqm8u9gxb3g/IR_v4b.zip

maybe you can change the death sound of the cyberdemons too because the cyberdemon wake up with the sound of doom 3 yes but not when he dying 

On 4/22/2017 at 1:44 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

The issue I have with making smaller levels and putting up videos of them is that the videos don't get nearly as many views as the videos of longer maps that I produce (they wind up with only hundreds of views as opposed to the longer videos that get thousands of views). I'm not going after you for saying this.

So you're letting youtube views dictate the maps you make?

2 hours ago, rf` said:

So you're letting youtube views dictate the maps you make?

I don't know how I would go about answering that question, to be honest. I am just going by what I am seeing in my videos in terms of the statistics. I also gain more subscribers when making larger levels and putting up videos of them, which is why my channel has gotten large.

yeah would be a funny idea but personnaly i prefer you keep this sound for a new level or a other monsters,after it's like you want the ice rage level will become a funny level with this sound XD 

no i thought the death cyberdemon sound from doom 3 too 

i had a idea for your next levels, dunno if you can do it(and if it's possible),it would be funny if you can for example replace the icon of sin of doom 2(romero head) by your head with this sound and others?

Edited by woody of doom

17 minutes ago, woody of doom said:

yeah would be a funny idea but personnaly i prefer you keep this sound for a new level or a other monsters,after it's like you want the ice rage level will become a funny level with this sound XD 

no i thought the death cyberdemon sound from doom 3 too 

i had a idea for your next levels, dunno if you can do it(and if it's possible),it would be funny if you can for example replace the icon of sin of doom 2(romero head) by your head with this sound and others?

I would love to do it but I am not certain on how I am supposed to go about doing it.

i find the decorate of BossBrain(romero head),dunno after how we must do for changing skin and sounds, maybe for the skin you must takes 2 pictures of yourself( because their are 2 pictures in the originally skin of romero head) , a normally picture and a crying picture and after copy/paste to the originally skin of romero head in slade 3.

the sounds of romero in slade 3 is :"DSBOSSIT" , "DSBOSPN" and "DSBOSDTH",maybe if you copy/paste your custom sounds here it would be working?

If someone knows,don't hésitate to said it because it would be really funny to doing something like this :)

decorate link : https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:BossBrain

Edited by woody of doom

Hey sorry for the delay in porting the Oreo cake massacre level

my slade isn't working right now but I was wondering if you wanted me to still keep the music or change it for the ocm level

thanks

edit: also if you want more than one song I can use the prboom music change feature to get it to play when you get to a certain point

Edited by Outrageous Videos