Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ermin

Solace Dreams - (Version 1.6.4) SOME progress.

UPDATE 1.5
After a busy few days i finaly put together this update that fixes and adds a lot of new stuff.
Here are some of the changes made.... 

MINOR UPDATES

• A minor texture fix in the matrix stage (train station HOM). Now correctly displays black texture.
  • The shop (grim reaper) will no longer warn you of low health when lighting rifle is equipped. 
  • Boss Lee has had a health reduction of 200hp.
  • Boss Lawrence has had a health reduction of 200hp.
  • Rachel's boulder projectiles can now be shot in mid air. (can still be hard to hit)
  • You are provided with a extra first aid in bossrush mode.
  • Karl's boss theme has been replaced with my own composition.
  • You are no longer forced to take damage on Zygo's (faith) intro boss sequence.
  • The teachers register will now display all achievements on completion of the game
  • Battle Royale has been renamed to Boss Rush Mode.
  • The quick dash has new graphics, you will now have a faint blue bar shadowing the health bar.
  • Yuna (secret) boss fight now has a small dialog sequence.
  • Updated guide to include all new content.
  • New sound effects for item usage has been added.

MAJOR UPDATES

• The quick dash (ACS code) has been removed from all levels and put in to a compiled ACS ZScript.
  • A new star icon has been placed above the characters portrait, the points of the star represent all the available upgrades in the game. When you acquire a upgrade, one point of the star will be filled out gold. Can you become a star pupil and find all 5 hidden upgrades?

NEW CONTENT

(Game completion is required to access new content, here is code for instant access. "Give Game_completed")

• ART GALLERY : A new door has been added to the hub, when on completion of the game grants you access to the Art Gallery.
    Here you can view every Enemy and Boss in the game, when persistently interacted with emit all the sounds they make along with there walk animation cycle.
    There is also 2 Jukeboxes here were you can play all stage & Boss themes of the game. Enjoy!
  • SURVIVAL MODE : On completion of the game a new book will spawn on the opposite side of Boss Rush Mode, here you will find the Survival Mode. Here you will enter a small arena were you will be faced against hordes of continuously spawning enemies and bosses. During this mode you will earn points and gain health and ammo periodically, dont worry Bosses have been adjusted and balanced for this mode. I will also upload a score board on the first post of this thread, so hit me up with your scores :D
    (A score board has been placed under the strategy section right at the bottom)

Ive put remastering all dialog on hold until i hear back from my friend, consider this the last major update at least until thats complete or any bugs are found. Thanks.

Edited by Ermi

2 hours ago, DoomKrakken said:

Dude, your YouTube account is terminated... how am I gonna re-watch the videos now???

Sorry about that, the account has been restored temporarily until youve made the changes. I will then upload the new video series of the game once your done :)

Man, what's happened to the mod, should I wait for a re-release? I wanted to play but have found it deleted from moddb...

On 01/04/2017 at 2:42 AM, Ermi said:

The download is unavailable at this time, game is currently going through some changes.

This implies it's coming back soon.

11 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

This implies it's coming back soon.

Look at the time, that message has been posted like a year ago, and he posted the message titled "v1.5 released" with a download link at Novemnber 12; moreover, I've downloaded Solace Dreams a couple of weeks ago for my laptop (link was active), and now wanted to try it on the desktop - w/o success.

On 07/01/2018 at 0:03 PM, Mere_Duke said:

Look at the time, that message has been posted like a year ago, and he posted the message titled "v1.5 released" with a download link at Novemnber 12; moreover, I've downloaded Solace Dreams a couple of weeks ago for my laptop (link was active), and now wanted to try it on the desktop - w/o success.

The mod is going through a lot of changes. Most if not all of the 2d art, music and in game dialog are being redone completely. Date of completion is uncertain at the moment. Be  a little more patient buddy, il private message you a link once its done.

Edited by Ermi

37 minutes ago, Ermi said:

The mod is going through a lot of changes. Most if not all of the 2d art, music and in game dialog are being redone completely. Date of completion is uncertain at the moment. Be just a little more patient buddy, il private message you a link once its done.

Oh, that's nice! Thank you.

NEWS UPDATE
I apologise for keeping quiet for a while on the 1.6 update. The Rescript, art and music are being remade entirely from scratch hopefully avoiding any future copyright claims. i should have a release out in the next 2 or 3months at the latest. Im taking donations ($5) one last time for the project to make your very own levels with, pitch your ideas and concepts and il have it made. This will be the last time i support any ideas, mods or custom content so Private message me if your interested, we'l discuss details. 

I do like this doom mod and I just started this playing hours ago I just noticed that this game has a lot of lag frame rate issues during game play just shortly after you complete level 1 starting with level 2 that is where the lag and frame rate problems get worse is there anyway that this game can be fixed with the next update?

It's a high end mod making use of several high end features in an engine that wasn't initially built with such technology in mind. This means that it can't be coded as efficiently as a freshly written engine that is built to use such features (dynamic lights, voxels, models etc.).

The only 'fix' would be to upgrade your computer, sadly.

4 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Depends on the spec. Age does not define the power of the computer.

Personally I think the problem lays with the latest GZ Doom Engine there are bugs present in the GZ Doom Engine it freezes up and then crashes not wanting to respond eventually

Then report these supposed bugs to the developers. I feel like you're talking from a position of inexperience however.

On my end, it was lagging relentlessly the entire way through. It had some moments of clarity when I'm inside buildings but it's especially bad the second you step outside. I know my computer isn't exactly cutting edge but it has a 2.83 GHz Quadcore Processor which can handle games several times as complex as this. I can play Doom 2016 a lot better than I can this. I think the problem is that, for whatever reason, voxels and Doom seem to hate each other, might be better off opting for models or just sprites. I managed to get up to the first boss and couldn't go any further because the lag made it impossible for me to see its movements.

On an unrelated note, the classroom scene at the beginning was also pitch black, I had to cheat to turn on light amplification.

Did you have dynamic lighting disabled, and were you on an up-to-date copy of GZDoom? It worked fine my end when I streamed it, although there is some 'light play' at the beginning which may have confused you.

5 hours ago, MetroidJunkie said:

Ah, I see it relies on Shadow Maps.

Not really... At the time of developing this mod i was using a out dated version of gzdoom.
its advised you play the game using the launcher i provided with the version of gzdoom i made available, all settings have been adjusted to play the mod as intended (thats one reason why i removed graphics settings). You might also experience issues using later/older versions of gzdoom. Its entirely up to you tho. Read the download section of the mod for more details on this.

And i apologise for the lag, the only rememdy for this would be to remake the game using sprites or 3d models which i wont be doing anytime soon or atall for that matter.

Edited by Ermi

On 3/11/2018 at 11:57 AM, markcalloway said:

I mean come on this is a brand new computer by all means I should not have to upgrade my system

What are the specs of your rig? I'm running an i5-3570k overclocked at 4.2GHz, 16GB of 1800MHz RAM, and an Asus RoG Strix RX 470 GPU overclocked slightly at 1080p and I'm getting some lag on the bosses. I also have multisampling on and ambient occlusion on. Turning those off, I'm having smooooooth frame rates.

6 hours ago, R4L said:

What are the specs of your rig?...

heres his specs ... its a laptop, no were near whats required to run the game.

Spoiler

processor Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU N3060 @ 1.60 GHz

installed ram 4 GB

system 64 bit operating system x64- based processor 

are all the stages running smoothly for you with those settings off?
i may just leave them off on the next update if thats the case maybe.

Edited by Ermi

41 minutes ago, Ermi said:

here is his specs ... its a laptop, no were near whats required to run the game.

Reveal hidden contents

processor Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU N3060 @ 1.60 GHz

installed ram 4 GB

system 64 bit operating system x64- based processor 

are all the stages running smoothly for you with those settings off?
i may just leave them off on the next update if thats the case maybe.

It seems on bosses or outside areas I'm having drops. It's still very much playable, but not ideal.

On 3/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, markcalloway said:

Personally I think the problem lays with the latest GZ Doom Engine there are bugs present in the GZ Doom Engine it freezes up and then crashes not wanting to respond eventually

No, it lies with your lackluster hardware, if Ermi is correct. There's absolutely no way you will achieve great frame rate and great graphics on that gear. Read about your processor on Intel's site. Your onboard graphics TURBOS at 500MHz. Your processor is only running 2 cores, 2 threads at 1.6GHz base. My HP Folio 9480m with 8GB of RAM, an i5-4300u processor, and Intel HD Graphics WILL NOT run Solace Dreams at a playable frame rate unless I drastically lower the resolution, (and even then it's still not very great) and it blows your laptop out of the water in performance.

Sorry to say, but you aren't going to be playing too much on that rig.

EDIT: By the way Ermi, this mod is awesome so far. I only wish for more FPS though. ;)

Edited by R4L

VENDIN.png.0562fb490a5643e53838990f5452294e.png

A vending machine has been added to the theme park which supplies the player with unlimited energy drinks which temporarily doubles the speed of movement for 30seconds.
More to come in 1.6

UPDATE VERSION 1.6.2

DOWNLOAD SOLACE DREAMS 1.6.2 : Dropbox

Here is the full list of changes...

Spoiler

Recap Updates
-The player can now dash.
-New modes added with a secret boss fight on game completion.
-Gallery added/Model viewer.

Minor Updates

-The player now has continues health regeneration. (1hp is restored every 200+ tics.)
-Changes made to the lights in the matrix stage.
-A useless boot screen has now been added.
-Unbinded all quick save/load keys to prevent cheating.
-2 New keys added, Autorun & Restore weapon. (Re-assignable)
-Added xbox Controller binds. (Re-assignable)
-New boss character portraits added to avoid CR claims.

-Changed pistol SFX
-Added bounding box in survival mode. (prevents flying monsters to fly off in the distant.)

-Sawed off shotgun can reload correctly with 1 shell in barrel.

-Knife strike speed has increase by 50%
-Theme park dodgems difficulty has increased.
-Minor SFX changes.

-Adjusted some props.

-Added a couple of new props to the dungeon stage.

-All Boss healths have been tweeked.

-Walkthrough updated

MAJOR Updates

-Complete script overhaul, all dialog has been rewriten.
-Loadsa new music added to again avoid CR claims.
-It is no longer possible for Rachel to spawn twice in bossrush mode.
-Gameover screen has been added displaying ingame tips.

-New item, Energy drink added. With new stamina bar, also adjusted spacing between all bars. (Increase player speed by 100%)

-New dialog added to some parts of the game.
-The launcher now works with both 32&64 bit systems.

SOUNDTRACK
With this new release i have also uploaded the soundtrack that contains all 40+ awesome tunes, you can download it here. For credits please review the first post on this thread.
DOWNLOAD SOUNDTRACK : Dropbox

Please contact me regarding any bugs that does not relate to slow framerate, or join the discord server.
Thanks, and again Remember to donate! Help me towards developing the bigger and better sequel.

Edited by Ermi

It's a shame I won't get to experience this because my hardware isn't strong enough.

Still, it looks beast, and obviously a ton of work has gone into this, so kudos to you for that.

How do you set it up to play? caus eim having a bit of trouble and I really wanna play this cause of the whole silent hill aspect.

2018-05-26_19-29-14.png.9526c4aa4aab28b8b21378a170e701af.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ZEBdOyl.jpg