Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ermin

Solace Dreams - (Version 1.6.4) SOME progress.

26 minutes ago, pat1028991 said:

How do you set it up to play? caus eim having a bit of trouble and I really wanna play this cause of the whole silent hill aspect.

I think you just need to double-click launcher.bat.

1 hour ago, pat1028991 said:

extract the solace dreams folder from the .ZIP , open the folder and run the launcher. thats it, nothing else is required.
Make sure your computer is strong enough to run first, at least a 4ghz cpu (i7 or 8c blackedition) is needed to run smoothly.
The bat file automatically runs necessary files using the gzdoom i provided for it to work correctly. (not compatible with later versions.)
Make sure to run in full screen, accidentally saved the config file under windowed.

If you have discord then contact any bugs or issues there.... https://discord.gg/bVMVmxn im always active on discord.

Edited by Ermi

On 5/6/2018 at 3:04 AM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

It's a shame I won't get to experience this because my hardware isn't strong enough.

Still, it looks beast, and obviously a ton of work has gone into this, so kudos to you for that.

Maybe there's a playthrough on Youtube or something. If not, Ermil could record one :D

1 hour ago, VGA said:

Maybe there's a playthrough on Youtube or something. If not, Ermil could record one :D

Here is a complete playthrough of the latest version someone did on youtube... it doesnt showcase survival or bossrush mode.
sadly i have not had time to do it myself because of the other mod im working on.

On 5/26/2018 at 8:18 PM, Ermi said:

extract the solace dreams folder from the .ZIP , open the folder and run the launcher. thats it, nothing else is required.
Make sure your computer is strong enough to run first, at least a 4ghz cpu (i7 or 8c blackedition) is needed to run smoothly.
The bat file automatically runs necessary files using the gzdoom i provided for it to work correctly. (not compatible with later versions.)
Make sure to run in full screen, accidentally saved the config file under windowed.

Well DO I have to extract the extra solice dream files which contain all the boss wads and other stuff though? and select all and drag and drop them onto the gzdoom?

XB2dKYc.png

Also whenever I try to launch the LAUNCHER.bat file it shows this

SnUpQYB.png

3 minutes ago, pat1028991 said:

All you need to do is extract the solace dreams folder from the zip (the zip you downloaded) and run the launcher. dont touch or move anything. The launcher.bat automatically loads the game files by picking the correctly executable suitable to your system.

Hello,

I want to thank you for this extraordinary Doom mod. I'm actually replaying Dark Souls and Silent Hill 3 and your work is timely !

However I have a little bug with the game. I run it with gzdoom 3.4.0 on linux ( with nvidia proprietary drivers ) and I have a bug in the classroom wich I suppose connected with lightning management :

1068567249_Capturedcrande2018-06-0818-23-41.png.f253da0d2db291390745ad5bcc9c8520.png

If i turn off "Lights affect sprites" i can see textures, but bugged :

399373485_Capturedcrande2018-06-0818-28-05.png.dd1bc6e8e9f74c3ae531b32dfd8b6df5.png

It seems that the first level is ok ( with light affect sprites on ) :

1610414714_Capturedcrande2018-06-0818-28-45.png.2893c99f132ae1f70b2ad8128d333f3f.png

Some details with the log at launch :

GZDoom g3.4.0 - 2018-06-06 23:23:57 +0200 - SDL version
Compiled on Jun  7 2018

M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
 adding /opt/gzdoom/gzdoom.pk3, 625 lumps
 adding /opt/gzdoom/zd_extra.pk3, 132 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/IWAD.wad, 1 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip, 32 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_ali.wad, 175 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_dylan.wad, 44 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_faith.wad, 150 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_karl.wad, 39 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_laura.wad, 62 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_lawrence.wad, 106 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_lee.wad, 135 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_melpomene.wad, 83 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_nicole.wad, 165 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_rachel.wad, 49 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_rory.wad, 29 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_thalia.wad, 77 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_victoria.wad, 93 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:boss_yuna.wad, 6 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:diary.wad, 22 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:enemies.wad, 318 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:hints.wad, 4 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:hud.wad, 176 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:levels.wad, 260 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:main.wad, 189 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:map_textures.wad, 526 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:player.wad, 234 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:props_blood.wad, 32 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:props_decals.wad, 5 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:props_items.wad, 27 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:props_keys.wad, 8 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:props_sparks.wad, 79 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:props_stuff&sounds.wad, 594 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:weapons.wad, 800 lumps
 adding /home/aristoxene/Applications/Doom/Mods/TC/SolaceDreams/SolaceDreams.zip:ztextures.wad, 7 lumps
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
CPU Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
  Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
  Family 6, Model 26, Stepping 5
  Features: SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2 HyperThreading
I_InitSound: Initializing OpenAL
  Opened device JACK Default
  EFX enabled
V_Init: allocate screen.
S_Init: Setting up sound.
ST_Init: Init startup screen.
Checking cmd-line parameters...
S_InitData: Load sound definitions.
G_ParseMapInfo: Load map definitions.
Texman.Init: Init texture manager.
ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
script parsing took 265.45 ms
R_Init: Init Doom refresh subsystem.
Make colormap
DecalLibrary: Load decals.
M_Init: Init menus.
P_Init: Init Playloop state.
ParseSBarInfo: Loading custom status bar definition.
D_CheckNetGame: Checking network game status.
player 1 of 1 (1 nodes)
Using video driver x11
GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2
GL_VERSION: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 390.48 (Core profile)
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.50 NVIDIA

Max. texture size: 16384
Max. texture units: 32
Max. varying: 124
Max. combined shader storage blocks: 96
Max. vertex shader storage blocks: 16
Resolution: 1680 x 1050

map02 - CLASS ROOM HUB

Make colormap

1 hour ago, Aristoxene said:

The mod is not compatible with later version of gzdoom nor is it required, which is why it was bundled with the version it was designed around.
Simply extract the game folder and run launcher, if your machine is powerful enough then the game should run with no issues.
Someday i will work on a update, but right now im looking more towards the future of SURVIVE
Thanks for taking the time to play the mod. Have fun!

I'm not really sure why your mod won't start. Trying to launch from the LAUNCHER.bat does nothing except attempt to open the folder "F:\Games\WAD". This happens for both Survive and Solace Dreams. I have done no extra steps beyond extracting the 7z.

image.png.97045524a54419536ab2ec7693af8bdc.png

11 hours ago, Phyne said:

I'm not really sure why your mod won't start. Trying to launch from the LAUNCHER.bat does nothing except attempt to open the folder "F:\Games\WAD". This happens for both Survive and Solace Dreams. I have done no extra steps beyond extracting the 7z.

try extracting the game folder to your desktop and run the launcher. from the looks of the image your running the game on a secondary drive (f). I to have issues running it on anything other than the primary drive (c). The game also has issues with usernames with spaces in. It's how the bat file tries to read the locations. I'm still working on a fix, thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Ermi

Man, I take it that you really hated your school and your classmates...

On a serious note - I apologize for the long-range bump, yet what can I say, as I can only regret that I was only able to get my hands on this thing now and not [much, much] earlier. Better late than never, eh?

I must say, this is really damn impressive. First and foremost - this isn't Doom at all, and one may never recognize where this is coming from, it looks, feels and plays totally different, it's safe to say that this is essentially a brand new game using the engine as a base, in my eyes things like these go way beyond TCs, the modifications are so heavy that the source material very much vanishes in the process, leaving only the technical "skeleton" buried within the package and its numerous files featuring some familiar traits.

Your super impressive work with all those voxels that must've taken *insane* amounts of time to pull off, your clear sense of artistic direction, lots of originality and creativity and, more importantly, the amazing variety when things never really get too stale, as the scenery keeps changing all the time, immediately reminding of Painkiller's brilliant eclecticism, and with every level there's a relatively subtle yet noticeable change in the game's rules to make the player re-adapt and rethink his ways - the result is spectacular, to say the least! Yes, the levels are primitive structurally, and many of them are quite short, up to the point of leading to boss battles right away without much prelude, but they're still stylish, charming, atmospheric, not to mention everchanging to make sure that the player's interest is always there.

And it's all for free! I've seen much worse games on Steam, and they're commercial, so I can only admire your selflessness in this regard, this kind of attitude in this time and age is worth all kinds of respect, especially given the amount of effort that went into making the game. Taking my hat off to you, sir.

I'm not going to dive deep into the details of my experience, let me just say that Rory boss battle was pure brilliance, felt so much more fun and epic that the chessboard in Devil May Cry 3. I stand and applaud, seriously.

In terms of visual appeal, I'd say the nightclub wins the cake, even though it can cause some serious framerate drops, not exactly convenient when it comes to shootouts.

Some minor (?) thing that I don't expect to get incorporated, maybe something for future consideration - I think it'd be cool to be aware of other students' "human" appearance before encountering their "grotesque" versions, as throughout the game, only Faith and Lee (before his transformation) appear as normal. A subtler touch would be more than enough, really, something like a picture of the entire class in the hub or something, seeing that photos in general play a significant role, portraying the protagonist, appearing in dialogues and all that. Just a thought.

Last but not least, the music. If you're the author of the soundtrack (well, sans the Spirit Yuna battle track and a couple more) then I'd like to compliment you some more, those are some cool tunes that also match their respective maps quite well (I'd personally prefer something more sombre for the Underworld but oh well), and boss themes are punchy enough to make for a nice and engaging background. Good work in that regard as well.

I see that the development of a sequel isn't going too well, and I realise that the words of a single man like myself aren't really going to change much, yet I still hope to see it completed in the foreseeable future, would love to play it, that's for sure. You're doing an astounding work with these, very cool, very fresh, and obviously coming from a talented and dedicated individual. Some flaws can be found, sure, yet who cares when pros are plentiful, and there's more than enough of them to outweigh any cons. Best of luck with your endeavours, sincerely.

Cheers!

Edited by Demonologist

49 minutes ago, Demonologist said:

Thanks for taking the time to play and comment your thoughts on the game, its always appreciated.
I do intend to continue work on SD2 more in the future when i get motivated again, its a very big step up from the original featuring tons more planned content but i realise that im biting off more than i can handle. If you didnt already try the alpha then give it a go, its very short but theres enough there for you to see what im aiming for... DOWNLOAD!!! The sequel would have taken a more indepth look at the world and its characters like you mentioned. If my next mod does well then il definitely return to it, thats a promise.

Although I've enjoyed the vanilla pretty much, it's better to run with some others mods such as Brutal Doom, Project Brutality or Doom 4 inspired mods such as ZION or D4T. I'm currently considering to port the features from those mods into the mod itself, if I had any knowledge in scripting and better machine...

Out with the old...
ezgif-3-32f089126678.gif.4d7fef9487df496cb8aa94fbec5de8bf.gif

In with the new!

SD_W_HYVOLT.gif
re.gif.50f6429372f68e998ef2b2f5b0ca86d2.gif

Edited by Ermin

FATALITY PROTOTYPE
A look at the new death animations played through puzzle failure and so on.
(all real time in game)

1.gif

2.gif

On 5/26/2018 at 8:49 PM, Pure Hellspawn said:

i think this should get a cacoward.

I agree.

Heres a very early WIP of Jeannes boss fight which replaces ALI from the original. Yes it has a health of 4000, and yes you only have a sword.
I apologise for the crappy sound.

You know I've finally put my finger on what this reminds me of, Resident Evil. Lots of RE vibes. Extremely good stuff, I don't even know what to say, this looks better all the time.

A demonstration of the mirror boss fight remade.
I cheated weapons here so im very OP at this point in the game.