Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dobu gabu maru

The DWmegawad Club plays: Back to Saturn X E3 (Surprise!)

From what I've seen so far (which was that gameplay vid of MAP20 on the 1st page), it looks like crap.  But I'd still tap play it. :)

That's to be expected, considering this is an April Fool's joke. :D  Probably one of the best I've seen ever. :D

I can't seem to find the exit on Map 32. I shot all the pillar switches and lowered the central pillar, but now I'm at a loss as to what it is that I have to do next. Any tips?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Edited by Rathori

2 hours ago, Rathori said:

If you mean the file name, you can just rename it to whatever you like.

Well I have, but the WAD itself consists only of a bunch of markers. 

EDIT: Nevermind, it runs smoothly now for some reason!

Edited by DoomLover234

Wow back to saturn ep3!!! Launch the game; my reaction: wait what? Sadly, in my opinion, only a few maps ( 1, 14, 23, 27, 30 )remember me the real essence of what i think if i read back to saturn.......

On 4/1/2017 at 1:17 PM, rdwpa said:

The ending of map14 <3. 

Extra points for that not being the exit trigger like it is in most maps. 

I thought that monsters did not in fight with Archviles?

44 minutes ago, Master O said:

I thought that monsters did not in fight with Archviles?

They don't. But you can use an arch-vile as cover from other monsters, and when they shoot at you, they'll hit the vile.

I love using arch-viles as unwitting bodyguards.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

They don't. But you can use an arch-vile as cover from other monsters, and when they shoot at you, they'll hit the vile.

I love using arch-viles as unwitting bodyguards.

But the Archvile started fighting the Mancubus, so isn't the Archvile technically in fighting?

It's a one-way thing. Monsters aren't allowed to target an arch-vile; but arch-viles are allowed to target other monsters.

Likewise, the pain elemental can also never be targeted (because the lost soul it shoots is what they'll infight with instead), but they can attack other monsters.

20 hours ago, Gez said:

It's a one-way thing. Monsters aren't allowed to target an arch-vile; but arch-viles are allowed to target other monsters.

Likewise, the pain elemental can also never be targeted (because the lost soul it shoots is what they'll infight with instead), but they can attack other monsters.

So the Pain Elemental can also technically be used as a shield too if you're close to it?

The pain elemental is harmless if you're hugging it so that it can't spit at you. However, in infight situation, it might be able to spit lost souls at the enemies. These lost souls will then attack you. So it's a better idea to get rid of pain elementals ASAP.

Likewise with the arch-vile if there are corpses around. Then it'll raise them and they will attack you. If there are no monster corpses around and the arch-vile is angry at another monster, you're pretty much safe though -- until it kills that other monster or you stop the infight by hurting the vile, that is.

I love Btsx 1 a 2 but when I play this wad I think I’m having a fever dream.