Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HavoX

April Fools is the most evil day of the year.

The mental image of a man and a doctor yelling "April Fools!" as they pull out a sack of flour instead of a baby is a very strange one indeed.

I wouldn't exactly call it evil, but I'm not a huge fan of it either.

I think birthday is worse. Most of my life I manage to say in a dark corner where people won't bother me, but there is one day where everyone suddenly wants to talk to me, call me, or send me a message. It can be rather stressful.

5 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I think birthday is worse. Most of my life I manage to say in a dark corner where people won't bother me, but there is one day where everyone suddenly wants to talk to me, call me, or send me a message. It can be rather stressful.

To have your birthday on April 1 would be cruel indeed.

That article was one of the stupidest things I've read.  April Fools day is mean and manipulative ...?...?...? lmfao.

45 minutes ago, Flesh420 said:

That article was one of the stupidest things I've read.  April Fools day is mean and manipulative ...?...?...? lmfao.

I mean, it's really not hard to see where they're coming from. It is literally a day where you're expected to trust no one and doubt everything.

Pranks are pretty malicious things, too, even if small ones tend to only be about as malicious as some good-natured ribbing ( read: not very, if done to a friend ). But they're absolutely things you can go too far with, and there are absolutely wrong people to target with them.

*sits on a fart cushion*

Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

I don't have a fart cushion!

I don't think I've ever laughed at an April fools joke / prank. It's pretty much always been a case of "huh, what? Oh, April fools... Funny, I guess". It's not my thing, but thankfully it's only one day.

Until this day is over, I have to scroll through my YouTube subscription list and see videos with titles like "[Insert YouTuber name here] is calling it quits!".

Good thing it's on a weekend for me. Can't really do anything besides clean up storm damage over here where I live right now.

Man, I find April fools day to be a really boring challenge. It is well-played sometimes to get tricked by someone when you are expecting it, I guess, though it wears off pretty easily and it isn't funny at all. It was a bit funny when we used to leave our classroom in junior school (we're talking 8 year olds here), because we wanted to see our teacher's reaction and make time pass faster. And people will usually do bad pranks for this day in particular, like it is some kind of deadline, which makes it even worse. Today, I went to youtube and there sure were a ton of prank videos. Some of them were well-thought, but most were boring.

Conclusion: Why does April fools even exist? And why does it continue to exist? I have already started to find it boring, despite being quite young.

I agree. Most April fools "jokes" consist of setting an audience up for a really minor disappointment. It usually goes like this:

"Hey guys, I released this cool thing today!"
Followed by:
"April fools! I didn't release this cool thing. Fooled you!"

Where is the joke in doing this, honestly? There's no real set-up or punchline. It's just someone not meeting up to their expectations, which is already a typical thing on the internet.

Hey guys, footage from the yet to be announced Half-Life TV series was just leaked, and this is totally real and not an April Fools' joke (lul).

31 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Hey guys, footage from the yet to be announced Half-Life TV series was just leaked, and this is totally real and not an April Fools' joke (lul).

OMG, the quality is 8K. And how did they do the costumes for the Combine? They nailed everything in this episode. And the invasion scene, coupled with the gunfire and the fake blood, is just perfect in every way (it is like real life). I hope the whole series is as good as this episode. I am sure fans all over the world will be pleased to see this. And who knows? Maybe Half-life 3 is finally confirmed?

(Ajora, I think this video is going to get many people :)   )

1 hour ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

(I think this video is going to get many people :)   )

eh, barely, with that big amount of sudden Half-Life related Leaks and stuff on social media, makes it obvious it's not real :>)

It hit me with an ad before I could read the article... best April Fools Day prank ever.

It's a day when we are encouraged to step out of our shells and mess with people around us as they mess with us, which has an outlandish and surprising tendency to spread joy as we are exposed to interactions with each other for the sole purpose of having fun. Not every one will be a zinger, but positive social interactions are rarely a bad thing and generally improve our mood. Can bad people take advantage of an easy opportunity? Yes, but that only proves how uncreative they are.

I took advantage of today to mess with my boss. I scheduled a text message at a seemingly random time in which nobody would believe I'd be awake (without having stayed up all night), 723 am, little bit after she came in to start her day last day before her vacation, and said that I had just got home from an all-nighter of drinking; was going to bed then and would prolly be late to work. Then on my way to work at 11 I texted her again that I just woke up and would be like an hour, maybe two late. Seem like I didn't really care. Idk if that facet went through though. 5 mins later I rolled in the door with some taco bell for both of us. Her response: "I don't expect you in by 12 on a normal day." Then I realized April Fools was on me >.< At least I had some tacos.

I like April Fools, even just for the fact that it's funny when game devs use it to troll their audiences. :p

Edgy and ironic humor made my day though.