Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Za Warudo

Doom the way YOU did.

Recommended Posts

Welcome.

This is just little joke but i want to see how far i can take it.This community project will contain your best re-imagined map (in boom format) and it will be uploaded on the id games archive when i get 32 maps (or less).So start mapping and message me your work (or just do not,it is just a joke).

Thanks for being a part of this (please do not take this seriously).

 

Format: Boom.
Textures: Doom 2.
Custom music allowed.
Custom skies allowed.

Only one map per Mapper.

Share this post


Link to post

Here's my interpretation of MAP20; map01 slot, fit into vanilla format. Puzzle-y, slaughter-esk gameplay will kill players many times. Gl hf!

Share this post


Link to post

 

14 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Ok... too bad is a April fool's joke, but this could be a funny idea... Another Doom 2 redux as concept, right?

It just a normal community map project but it has a cool name.

Well i am going to make it if i get enough maps.

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Here's my interpretation of MAP20; map01 slot, fit into vanilla format. Puzzle-y, slaughter-esk gameplay will kill players many times. Gl hf!

Bit tight on ammo Fonze

 

 

 

Edited by Liberation

Share this post


Link to post

I have this one map I made back in 2015, but I'm gonna make it compatible with DOOM 2 and Boom so I can submit it. I'll also detail it a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

Ok... too bad is a April fool's joke, but this could be a funny idea... Another Doom 2 redux as concept, right?

Check out my new thread if you want to do something serious

Share this post


Link to post

Normally, the best jokes don't start off with "this is a joke but...".

 

Just sayin' :P

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Pavera said:

Normally, the best jokes don't start off with "this is a joke but...".

 

Just sayin' :P

I know

Share this post


Link to post

I'd be interested in you starting a CP with more than any of: absolutely nothing to show, no implications of contributing, and no known experience. Or if you didn't pussyfoot around the issue. ('maybe it's real maybe it's a joke, but I kinda want to see how far I can drive this bullshit train so pretty please contribute.' 'Oh no people aren't taking it seriously; ok new thread: for realsies this time guys.' Maybe a potential mapper's map will be released in a compilation with others, maybe it'll just go to waste like the aquatex "experiment" do-work-for-me fiasco) I'd be more willing to contribute if you had just come out and said "I want to start a CP I may or may not contribute to, not that it matters anyway because nobody knows me or what I'm capable of, so I can feel accomplished on the work of others" because at least it'd be forthright and honest.

Share this post


Link to post

^ FTFY :

Za Warudo, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

 

:]

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Fonze said:

I'd be interested in you starting a CP with more than any of: absolutely nothing to show, no implications of contributing, and no known experience. Or if you didn't pussyfoot around the issue. ('maybe it's real maybe it's a joke, but I kinda want to see how far I can drive this bullshit train so pretty please contribute.' 'Oh no people aren't taking it seriously; ok new thread: for realsies this time guys.' Maybe a potential mapper's map will be released in a compilation with others, maybe it'll just go to waste like the aquatex "experiment" do-work-for-me fiasco) I'd be more willing to contribute if you had just come out and said "I want to start a CP I may or may not contribute to, not that it matters anyway because nobody knows me or what I'm capable of, so I can feel accomplished on the work of others" because at least it'd be forthright and honest.

0_0

Well the first was just a joke but a thought a bit about it and realized that it is a good idea.I am just making this for fun really,if people do not want to contribute then good for them,i am just wanting to make a little CP and if no one wants to contribute then i am just going to continue making my own maps.I have no problem with it really,people map for a hobie because it is fun and they love it and yes,i will contribute because it is fun,it is not a job,it is not my life,it is just something i like doing

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

^ FTFY :

Za Warudo, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

 

:]

OK i really just have the idea and nothing to show,i will update the CP tomorrow and add something that i can show

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×