Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Za Warudo

Doom the way YOU did (for real this time)

I think I'll try to go for map04 of TNT Evilution, Wormhole. Almost definitely in boom format. Any slot should be fine.

Just now, Mosshopper said:

I did.

Oh,i never played Doom on PS1 so i did not know that this existed

Just now, Tracer said:

This seems similar to exactly like my "Redux" projects.

Does your Doom 2 Redux project contain maps inspired by Doom,Final Doom,Doom 64,Doom 3 and Doom 2016? (i am sure that no one is going to map a map inspired by 2016)

12 minutes ago, Za Warudo said:

Does your Doom 2 Redux project contain maps inspired by Doom,Final Doom,Doom 64,Doom 3 and Doom 2016? (i am sure that no one is going to map a map inspired by 2016)

Well I was going to do RoE Hell, but challenge accepted I'm going to do one of the 2016 Hell maps! 

Just now, NecrumWarrior said:

Well I was going to do RoE Hell, but challenge accepted I'm going to do one of the 2016 Hell maps! 

OK,try and make some floating platforms in ZDoom 

^That'd be pretty tits to see.

Also, I see what you're doing here now.  I guess it's not exactly like Redux.

Even if it was...I guess it's not a big deal.  haha

2 hours ago, Za Warudo said:

OK,try and make some floating platforms in ZDoom 

I think those are only in Kadingir Sanctum, and I'd like to do Titan's Realm.

10 hours ago, Mosshopper said:

Description: It has been many years since the incident happened. You and your company were tasked with taking out a gang of snuff film-producing murderers led by a man known only as Mr. Fat. They had evaded the police for decades, and hope had dwindled down. A corporate tycoon in the weapons industry by the name of Josh Overwarp, looking to improve his public image after multiple media outlets reported several fatal flaws in his newest line of semi-automatic rifles made for service and defence, sent a hired company of mercenaries and a private investigator after Mr. Fat's gang. Unfortunately, the PI he hired died during the task, shot point-blank in the head at the firing range, autopsy confirmed it was the same model of rifle he was found dead with. Your company however had personally tracked the gang down to a strip club and brothel in Babylon, New York. You never expected to see what you saw in there, but you did. Now, long after the midnight gunfight in that hole of depravity, fate has brought you back somehow. The murmuring of demons can be heard from the front door, and the place smells just as bad now as it did back then.

Sounds like a campy 80s action b-movie plot lol

I was thinking about the levels and i'm undecided between E2M7 and Doom 2 MAP20...

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Sounds like a campy 80s action b-movie plot lol

I was thinking about the levels and i'm undecided between E2M7 and Doom 2 MAP20...

Better make a new E2M7 because we have enough Doom 2 maps (or make a Doom 64 or Doom 3 map ;) )

I will join in, but I just need to decide which map I will base it off. Also am I allowed to release it on it's own once its done as well as in this megawad? Also can I use custom textures that aren't doom 64?

9 hours ago, HyperLuke said:

I will join in, but I just need to decide which map I will base it off. Also am I allowed to release it on it's own once its done as well as in this megawad? Also can I use custom textures that aren't doom 64?

You can only use textures from the Doom games

I'd like to contribute. The map I want to remake is Gate to Limbo from Doom 1. I had too many dreams about it, so it is the time. The source port would be Boom. Can I use MBF features? PrBoom+ supports it.

17 minutes ago, printz said:

I'd like to contribute. The map I want to remake is Gate to Limbo from Doom 1. I had too many dreams about it, so it is the time. The source port would be Boom. Can I use MBF features? PrBoom+ supports it.

You can

My doom 2 map 01 isn't gonna look that much like the original entryway but you will see some similarities. I will post some screenshots soon.

When you say boom, do we need to use a specific complevel? Like, is cl9 ok? 

Thank you :D 

Well MBF is also demo-portable, and it's -complevel 11, not 9. But most of its features depend on Dehacked. Without it, all I can do that is new to MBF are friendly monsters (indistinguishable from enemies visually) and sky transfers.

There's no screenshots in this sorry :(. But here is what iv'e done. Tell me if there's anything you want me to improve on then i will. This map runs on vanilla and boom sourceports.

TheEntryway.zip

*i have replaced Rsky1 with my own sky if that's okay with you.*

1 hour ago, printz said:

Well MBF is also demo-portable, and it's -complevel 11, not 9. But most of its features depend on Dehacked. Without it, all I can do that is new to MBF are friendly monsters (indistinguishable from enemies visually) and sky transfers.

At this point I REALLY don't know how I would feel about having to stop playing and switch source ports or complevels every five seconds when this is complete.

If I were in your position, I would consider limiting this project to Doom/Boom compatibility only. Is there really a need for ZDoom features in a Doom remake project?