Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Za Warudo

Doom the way YOU did (for real this time)

1 hour ago, bonnie said:

At this point I REALLY don't know how I would feel about having to stop playing and switch source ports or complevels every five seconds when this is complete.

Are you using a port with Boom but no MBF features? Are multiplayer ports impaired of MBF? ZDaemon, Zandronum, Odamex?

21 minutes ago, Surreily said:

If I were in your position, I would consider limiting this project to Doom/Boom compatibility only. Is there really a need for ZDoom features in a Doom remake project?

Because some may want to make Doom 3/Doom 2016 maps

i'm okay with having episodes like a doom, boom, and zdoom episode, but unless you get like 10 people wanting to use MBF, why even allow it? it would just become an annoyance for some people :/

not long, i'm fairly certain. but it's not fun having to stop playing and change it for one random level in a megawad out them all before changing the complevel back again shortly after.

if you keep it in, that's your decision as you are the project leader man, so just follow your heart i guess

MrD!zone your maps not too shabby. If I could make a suggestion I would swap the imp and former human locations in the blue room to give access to their ammo drops. Found myself short on ammo. Had to go fisticuffs with a demon. Playing on mobile so that's probably affecting my accuracy. But nonetheless good map

As I said before, the MBF feature set is not very powerful without Dehacked, and since this project says no to custom monsters/weapons (which is what Dehacked is for), then I'm fine with just supporting Boom.

Using GZDoom for the new-Doom remakes sounds cool. But wouldn't it be nice to add a flashlight too (head mounted)? GL can get very dark.

I'm cool with boom. Started my project in zdoom (udmf) out of habit, but it wouldn't take too much to rebuild.

Got some screenshots of some stuff. Still pretty alpha at the moment.

ToP2 (edit area) at 2017.04.04 21-33-13.422 [R2787].jpg

ToP2 (edit area) at 2017.04.04 21-39-12.190 [R2787].jpg

Just because some people might want to remake the 3D games doesn't mean it has to be a format with more features. I think it's a more interesting challenge to work within the limits of actually trying to demake the maps into traditional Doom behaviors. Even if I did Kadingir Sanctum, I would probably take that area where the rock platforms rise and make it a series of towers that rise like in the original. I'm fine with whatever format really but Boom seems to be pretty standard around here from what I've seen.

I dunno, I really like the idea of some maps being doom format and being able to play them in chocolate doom and whatnot, but if most of the levels end up being in boom format, maybe it really should be boom only.

Have you guys ever heard the sound of ten thousand desks flipping?

Neither did I, but I WISH I COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THAT NOISE because I already did more than half of the map and now I have to scrap it.

Fuckedgeronies in a fucklofesauce! Fuckastic fucktitions of fucksteplas!

Square one fuckaton... Boooooom it is I guess. Is there any magic way of converting a zdoom map to boom or whatever? While I can try and sacrifice the advanced features, I do not wish to draw the damn thing again.

2 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

Have you guys ever heard the sound of ten thousand desks flipping?

Neither did I, but I WISH I COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THAT NOISE because I already did more than half of the map and now I have to scrap it.

Fuckedgeronies in a fucklofesauce! Fuckastic fucktitions of fucksteplas!

Square one fuckaton... Boooooom it is I guess. Is there any magic way of converting a zdoom map to boom or whatever? While I can try and sacrifice the advanced features, I do not wish to draw the damn thing again.

open 2 gzdoombuilders and copy paste the map from one to another

Isn't there a way to have it where it has slopes in ports that support it and no slopes in ones that don't?

And if you're using (GZ)Doombuilder you just have to click Edit->Map Options and change it to the format you want. idk about any other editors but I would assume they have a similar function somewhere. You might try googling for a converter too, I think a few exist out there.

47 minutes ago, Za Warudo said:

Battle Kirby just take it easy because this is for "fun"

63d3facf53a5cdcdd26dde77b17a28514ba373d6

I actually hadn't started my map yet so this works out fine for me. I hope it doesn't take you long to re-do your functions @Battle_Kirby. I know that can be a pain.

21 minutes ago, Za Warudo said:

What about me?I, the master of slopes

As I said, I'm pretty sure you can use slopes and still map for Boom. I don't personally know the how of it, but some WADs out there are Boom compatible with added functionality in ZDoom.

46 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

He means that you can have a boom-compatible map, but when played in ZDoom it will have slopes and not break anything.

Yeah, think about freedoom MAP07. It haves slopes but  works on limit-removing...

Anyway, I just put a new music and a new Skybox for my map, and it will be for boom engines...

We aren't confused about what it is. We're confused about how to do it. Please somebody tell us.