Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Za Warudo

Doom the way YOU did (for real this time)

Just now, NecrumWarrior said:

Shhhhh, I was trying to avoid naming names >.> I don't blame you, I know things looked pretty shaky. It just made my heart sink when I saw that post because of how close it came after my little kerfuffle.

yeah i probably should have worded it differently i feel like a memeboi now

Ultimately it was a combination of stressful circumstances that led to him closing the project. According to his profile he's pretty young so I totally understand that he may have felt overwhelmed. Shit happens. Probably doesn't need to be discussed any further.

2 minutes ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Ultimately it was a combination of stressful circumstances that led to him closing the project. According to his profile he's pretty young so I totally understand that he may have felt overwhelmed. Shit happens. Probably doesn't need to be discussed any further.

Yea, Im not feeling so good about my Megawad project that I put up on the forums a while back, however there is an alternative replacement and whatever you made can still go into the new project if I decide so. Ill actually have the Rules clearer, simpler, and in Zandronum UDMF

9 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Okay well I'm still going to make my Titan's Realm demake.

I can't wait to see that, have you found doom 4 textures or something?

45 minutes ago, HyperLuke said:

I can't wait to see that, have you found doom 4 textures or something?

Far as I am aware the textures haven't been extracted yet. I was planning to use mostly Doom 2 resources, maybe some from the Doom 3 resized textures.

41 minutes ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Far as I am aware the textures haven't been extracted yet. I was planning to use mostly Doom 2 resources, maybe some from the Doom 3 resized textures.

Maybe if someone where to use pixel art to make them instead of extracting them, doom looks better pixel-ey.

Just now, HyperLuke said:

Maybe if someone where to use pixel art to make them instead of extracting them, doom looks better pixel-ey.

Well in the case of Doom 3 they just resized the textures so you would get the same thing but in a format that fits Doom 1/2. In that case though I guess the textures were only twice the size of the Doom 1 textures in their original format? Doom 2016 surely has 4k sized textures so idk how well they would convert.

11 minutes ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Doom 2016 surely has 4k sized textures so idk how well they would convert.

Doesn't Doom 4 use megatextures though?

21 minutes ago, bonnie said:

Doesn't Doom 4 use megatextures though?

I don't know, I'm not a textures guy. I just know the game looks awesome even on low settings.

Heh... I almost done my map. Anyway I have nice motivation to make a my vision of plutonia level (no copy-paste, though many shapes is kinda similar).
May be I later release this map separately, or as part of another project.

That's unfortunate that this project is closed, but this was maybe too big as a first CP from this guy...