Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

Standard E1 Replacement Community Project Is Cancelled.

40 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

E1M7 must be a solid map though. And more harder than previous maps.

exactly friend and aw jeez you just insulted me you aren't my friend :(

Well, I think to try out something for this if nobody still claim and with a million projects maps to finish for other cps...

So yeah, sign me in!

Literally nothing has come my way, I imagine it has a lot with the creep towards summer (where most activity will probably happen).

I think I agree that summer will be the time for most progress on this to be done; I know Breezeep is hard at work on his Mayhem map atm and I can say for myself that I haven't made any measurable progress on M9 here in a week. But give it time and stuff will start popping up.

That said, it would be cool if the OP were updated with download links for each map currently available and/or a tiny progress thing for each. I believe I've missed a map or two.

I will take a crack at E1M6 if no one else has claimed it! I have a barrel full of ideas, and I feel ya about this project. Cheers

At the moment I'm working on my map for Mayhem 2017 which has a short dead line (15 june). Then I will go back to my Eden Log for this project.

Sorry to just do this but I'm cancelling this whole thin under my management, just 1 more failure under my belt.

You can take your maps and music and do as you see fit with them, hell somebody can take over this project if it pleases them so but for now I quit Doom mapping altogether.

Sorry, yet it was inevitable.

why though

do you just not feel like compiling it or something because you can easily get someone to do that for you friend

edit: yeah like everything is pretty much ready and set into motion friend, you just have to wait for the maps to be finished and then compile them

i know nothing about compiling though

i dont know if it takes like 12 hours or something i'm sorry friend :c

Edited by bonnie

I hope someone will retake this project. Most of content is already made. So new thread is needed with new coordinator.

Edited by riderr3

1 hour ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Sorry to just do this but I'm cancelling this whole thin under my management, just 1 more failure under my belt.

You can take your maps and music and do as you see fit with them, hell somebody can take over this project if it pleases them so but for now I quit Doom mapping altogether.

Sorry, yet it was inevitable.

It is a shame you feel this way; you make nice maps and are a cool dude; we'll be worse off without you. But you gotta do what makes you happy,  and if this isn't then a break may be in order. But remember Memfis said something similar once and while he appeared to follow through with it  for a while, even he couldn't stay away. Don't stay gone too long :)

If nobody else more qualified will take over as leader for this, I will. Work on my map continues, after all. Hopefully I'm not the only one still working on this.

I wish you the best til then! 

Hopefully this doesn't die. I've been making some major changes to my map to make it more interesting and less punishing.

I will be glad to bring back this project as it's leader, from what I seen and played (E1M8) for better inspiration on my map(still untouched expect some ideas in my mind, since many other maps to do) the levels are all pretty awesome, it's a shame that this project will been cancelled forever...

But i've gone out from two months from July 1st (?), so more time to finish your maps, but without a coordinator... If someone else wants to become the leader of this project or help me with organization, i'll be really glad!

I was looking foward to see this getting done, I hope someone picks up the project

Wow... This makes me want to withdraw my map just for shits and giggles, but I'm not going to. I want to see the light at the end of this... crooked, fucked up tunnel. I want to see this thing be RELEASED.

How many maps have been submitted? It shouldn't be too tough for a contributor with some knowhow, like @Fonze, to pick up the project and compile and release it. I think when a project is this far along, that should be default -- it wouldn't feel too pleasant if I made a map for a project only to see it disbanded. 

Man, it's lame - The only two community projects I was really looking forward to were this and Plain Ol' Doom2 Megawad, and the people coordinating both are just like "lol cya" D:

Considering the progress, I assume (hope) both will still be released, but it's a shame when this comes up. Also I don't mean this as a negative thing towards the coordinators, just more a general expression of "damnit, not again!"

5 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Man, it's lame - The only two community projects I was really looking forward to were this and Plain Ol' Doom2 Megawad, and the people coordinating both are just like "lol cya" D:

Wait what?? What happened to the plain ol' doom 2 one? Wasn't that really close to being done??

But he seems like he was still interested in continuing and finishing the project. Looks to me like it wasn't his fault it died. (unless i'm missing something)

Yes I saw that, which is why I said what I said friend.

He wanted to continue the project, and people could still work on their maps and post there and all sorts of other hoopla, just that they would have to jump through another hoop to get their maps to the actual leadermanboy person. When the leader of a project doesn't care about a project or give any effort or really acknowledge or push it along at all, it can kill a project (ahem).

But that isn't really the case there, because while him doing that definitely had a big part in its death, the people themselves seemed to have lost interest and didn't want to bother continuing with it. So no, I'd say it's more the mappers' fault that it died.

Shame. I actually liked working on my map. Oh well, I'll finish it up someday for a different project.

11 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Huh. No reason why he decided to leave? Either way, it's pretty selfish to just leave the community while you're in charge of a community project.

8 minutes ago, bonnie said:

... him doing that definitely had a big part in its death ...

Well there you have it.

With your first two posts I thought you weren't really sure of the circumstances related to his departure, which is what I was cluing you in on. I wasn't aware that you just wanted to nitpick over whether it was mostly his fault or the mappers' fault that the project died when he went away and left only his email to contact him. I guess you might luck into a poster stumbling into this thread who finds that topic interesting, because I certainly don't. End of discussion, for me.

4 minutes ago, Breezeep said:

Shame. I actually liked working on my map. Oh well, I'll finish it up someday for a different project.

Huh. No reason why he decided to leave? Either way, it's pretty selfish to just leave the community while you're in charge of a community project.

He was butthurt over the argument I linked a few posts above. Yeah, I agree. 

Yeah I feel ashamed of myself for my part in that; good point or head up my ass we're here for Doom and I should learn to stfu about non-Doom-y shit I'm not here for anyway. I'd rather have played one of his maps in retrospect than waste that time over a line in the sand. Though I've also forgotten most of what happened with him, so that's not to defend any stupid thing he said unrelated to my general stupidity. 

As for this project:

I'm going to keep working on my map, as I said before, and it seems at least a few others will as well, which is really cool. Breezeep, I'd love to see you finish your map for this project; it looks awesome. I would also really appreciate a progress report from everybody so we can all kinda get our heads around a schedule or time to at least half-assed shoot for. We've all already put time in here; might as well get back on track. 

I don't really care who winds up leading the project; there are many better people for the job than me, but somebody who can keep everybody motivated and stay motivated themselves is key. That aside, I won't mind compiling this set together as the maps flow in to help things along.

I think we do have a good opportunity to show joshmon we care here with this project; perhaps we can think of something nice as we move along, but not abandoning this would be a nice start :)

As for a progress report on my map: I'm in the process of hammering out the final parts of the layout to finish establishing the flow of the map (including necessary triggers/keys/etc). Most traps still have to be made as well. A ton of detailing still needs to be done, though a couple areas are pretty much finalized. Monster placement is present in a small few areas, but most of that has yet to be tackled.

I'll upload an updated version of e1m8 soon. Been making quite a few changes to hopefully make it more fun for people besides myself.