Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_Tonx

game feeling

I sure that lots of you have played the game called Aliens versus Predator 2. IMO the Marine version of the game is pretty scary and dark wich reminds me a DOOM III enviorment.. Is it just my dumb guess or are theese 2 games (AVP2 and D3) with same scary feeling?

..walking in the dark left-alone fucked up experint facilities killing strange creatures...

Yeah but in AVP he (like every other human) knew what the Aliens where, in Doom, the marine has no fucking clue. That, IMO, made it more moody...but if Doom 3 manual includes like no info on the enemies, that will rule, you won't know what to expect ;)

bigbadgangsta said:

Yeah but in AVP he (like every other human) knew what the Aliens where, in Doom, the marine has no fucking clue. That, IMO, made it more moody...but if Doom 3 manual includes like no info on the enemies, that will rule, you won't know what to expect ;)

But we already seen a bunch of them from all those videos and screenshots. We know how they move and behave, so it doesn't matter much.

We've not seen the full range of the monsters.

We have several varieties of zombies - scientists, fat janitor types, commandos, etc.

Then we have seen the imp, the pinky demon, and the "hell knight" in moving form.

Aside from those we have concept shots from what are possibly the baron, spider (arachnotron?), lost souls.

That leaves quite a range of monsters we've not seen yet, remakes from the original Doom as well as ones that are totally new.

We've also heard that there's a Doom3 version of the revenant.

BTW, could the (at least 12-eyed, NOT 10) Imp (that looked very much like Arch-Vile in the latest pix) crawl on walls and ceilings like the Aliens did?

Comparing with old and new Imp then the new one is a HELL faster (and more deadly) so IMO it's speed and movement is also like Alien's

desolatordave said:

is it just me or do all the monsters in the clips apear to be mosty grey )aside from the pinkie(

Only because of the quality of the video - you're not looking at the actual game.

desolatordave said:

is it just me or do all the monsters in the clips apear to be mosty grey )aside from the pinkie(

hmm.

The demon = pink.
The Imp = brown.
Birdman = blue.
Drooly (hell knight) = greenish.
The zombies are gray.

desolatordave said:

so in the game the colors are diffrent???

Yeah, but you might get the impression that everything is cyan. That is just because of the environment.

drooly is more like from gray to white...

and it'd be strange seeing red in hell lvls in Doom 3