Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Post your Heretic/Hexen textures and decorations!

Hmm a fantasy/medieval tech base would look pretty steampunk-ish or like something ou of quake...

Since i don't want to get off-topic as for my wish list i would like gold and silver textures that would fit in something like a dungeon made out of different kinds of treasure oh and CATACOMB 3D TEXTURES REMADE TO FIT HERETIC

Another thing i would like would be the medieval themed textures from strife for heretic

1 minute ago, Fuzzball said:

uyugh.PNGretgyhu.PNGrustthin.pngrttyu.PNG MOSS1.png ggrasss.pnggreass1.png 

Have some goodies :)

Wow the first 2 look amazing :D but they look like they would fit doom 64 more

I wanted some Heretic-friendly forcefield graphics, so here they are in every color I thought would look remotely decent:

(Sorry, I had to reupload and don't have the gifs anymore, but the pngs are below):

Spoiler

zrWxZak.png yldtepQ.png aWdlnER.png     WI6uKpw.png BxjWuf9.png xP1VvQG.png     9miXYbT.png 06vXtb5.png 0uTZnt7.png     UbxCLGI.png 7uZkMHU.png MsyKOry.png

cmE3zFD.png EzFO9bt.png yDj9Qfl.png     BApcYD7.png y4ZOOQr.png gb9QC8K.png     crIZvi2.png Nz7ckO0.png 54glmfl.png     MLqN95i.png LLpLAT1.png Aa8PYif.png

jd2q8Og.png 7dfxaUZ.png kQLyVj6.png

mXRjCWS.png FSbLWcC.png Tiwg57Q.png

EHBnTfF.png dpBvFbD.png YG1lVW9.png

fgrXqer.png SYpqGBd.png vgWuAgJ.png

olzEZD4.png UivE5e5.png YKIVjPA.png

V9wGApm.png j0tTp4T.png a9q4ma9.png

Ea5kOjw.png OPJF8XN.png GM3YKhy.png

Am5UUzO.png OSqmvNO.png 1gmeoNo.png

Edited by Not Jabba

Crate textures. These are just some more Baker's Legacy edits, but I think they will be useful for warehouses/crate mazes/etc. BL has a fair number of crate textures, but I realized it had no 16-cube crates, and nothing that had different sizes or patterns of crates stacked on top of each other.

Spoiler

tSTq9cq.png jEro42E.png S7Y6v9X.png oppFsRF.png

21PU2Ig.png 2zbymfV.png bZkaBni.png roLo1pt.png YSK8BHk.png

FxvjBHh.png W3sbETc.png tyNgYEx.png

ghaa3ck.png G6AbVZs.png VxyPL4M.png SPSjkfU.png chCW4q2.png wvR6AuZ.png

ZUZDzlB.png k4DJena.png gGXFnkU.png

YqWEtbT.png

0l5Qg0W.png UQVpxP8.png uiXju03.png

IlUPQDZ.png VwJXgDp.png rBIGtNY.png 6DsbUWF.png

Edited by Not Jabba

^ The new waterfall looks so sweet! This is a good replacement for the WFALL texture.

Slight update: The first waterfall I posted (the blue one only, not the recolors) was a bit too dark for Heretic. Here's a lighter version that goes better with the water flats and the way that Heretic renders color/brightness in general. The earlier version is close to the shades used in the Doom waterfall, so if you want to port it to Doom for any reason, try using that version.

kbLrO5i.png CknVGct.png YQ5Efwk.png 0tYJZLk.png

Edited by Not Jabba

Hey everyone, don't forget to put all these wonderful textures into a zip file later so that we can download them all at once.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:38 PM, Not Jabba said:

Finally, I finished my waterfall! It is very much inspired by the Doom 2 falls, but it is from scratch.

wJeCGeS.gif                                   U10iWqZ.png m83tDjE.png QsSzZba.png FOEMBX3.png

I have also created a fixed version of Heretic's water flats so that they tile better -- the originals have a really bad seam all the way around.

lMTTihW.png d3gU3F3.png FeTPPaz.png

Reveal hidden contents

vkXkv1Z.png MCOlydo.png GbvWpsi.png yEzFFan.png

36LN9b1.png hq19coO.png DolaffR.png xCD7ybB.png

iMAkK17.png tCsWbGa.png BvHd7rq.png ka1jBXc.png

sBuEE7M.png 3Sr3ixt.png K0MXYlX.png zjfsoLc.png

ZABCA5t.png lShCDyJ.png O7PYrEI.png rVxMHOp.png

LJo0h8T.png yphwE4R.png 6eenLiC.png ZolZusj.png

IfHO0RU.png WIxq96N.png 61cebzK.png eLW9L7Z.png

4SGapaW.png 5hLi22H.png KBF5M3j.png 66myTj2.png

FJlZqad.png T77Amp6.png lNRubw9.png diqrmN0.png N91enKb.png IiEt9tJ.png

Eu4no1V.png ekDwVk4.png TqSprmf.png 6WzWObc.png nc1T0eY.png 8UqD7mX.png

9Ex6PJw.png Rqv9uKm.png KwR9hNL.png Vbklvpb.png 7A88GE7.png kk82RNK.png

N9JyVpp.png ycciKw4.png KBHnEdd.png pBl8kTt.png aCuwyUB.png bhomhG2.png K8ZISnB.png QlnMJ3E.png l2pKWOa.png

A9vdf74.png 6jtybEQ.png P0zoNj8.png rfsDyeL.png UX1fPaY.png

xDMfVE6.png dWMtCsO.png UVg01J9.png FB9mqy3.png EYJPASn.png

0kX83r5.png jqnrlgW.png NOCSkel.png fx0waqJ.png zuSufVs.png

UXlssEH.png tNYkKJ9.png mbb3bNy.png

EIsm6Fw.png VxChX8n.png Iv5ItMc.png 

So I was messing around with Heretic liquids and was pulling my hair out trying to get them to match!  Thoguht I was doing something wrong!

Sky texture I made for my Necropolis Hell level.  Doom Needs more purple!  I hope I didn't overdo it.

PSKY1.png

3 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Just started work on a few Heretic texture sets. Here's a preview:

Definitely looks useful and fitting to the style.  Looking forward to seeing the rest of the set.

ZFu0t6d.png

Alternate set with bolts:

NdJrokb.png

A Quake 1-esque crypt set, originally based on Doom's BROWNGRN:

NZ1IGy5.png

Conversions of some GothicDM and SlaughterDM-based/inspired textures:

9s2bry7.png

0mOS8ir.png

n7MDYXJ.png

HNLjN0O.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE : More textures

Oooo, Love the Quake-ish textures, @NiGHTMARE. I've always thought some quake textures would fit nicely in heretic style.

Speaking of crypts, sometime ago I was planning on trying to convert or at least modify the unused Crypt textures from Unreal 1. (though they were used in one ut99 map)

Spoiler

Unreal83sidodownhole.png

Unreal83setistart.png

I've only done 2 by then, but once i pick up some steam I'll consider finishing this.

UCHIERO.png.6121627929ffaad6a8bcbe9356a46ec1.pnguclite1.png.cc65a2b1dda0c065634778f7a88ecd40.png

I believe they fit best with heretic's sandstone textures.

Here are some flat versions of most of the vanilla Heretic walls which were missing them:

ioDPTRS.png

EDIT: And some flats as walls:

lFsQMCg.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE : More textures

7 hours ago, 129thVisplane said:

I originally made these for a mapset inspired by a Hexen fanfic I wrote, which involved a stalker cult from the swamps. However that ended up going nowhere cuz I'm shit at mapping so here ya go.

Nice sprites!  The background story reminds me of one of my own unfinished Hexen maps that was loosely inspired by Lovecraft's "The Doom That Came to Sarnath".  A ruined swamp city that was kind of a Stalker/Reiver theme map, heh, started out seeming empty and then you'd hit a trigger that set the lot of 'em to surface and come after you.

I should finish that damn map some time.  And the 20-odd other Hexen maps I've got sitting around waiting to be fixed up and made into a proper WAD.

I would just like to re-post these but with a screenshot. Sock textures are amazing.

EgyptSOC for Heretic

kTsMSRk.png

@NiGHTMARE

Can we get ALL the black metal textures from Heretic, Bakers Legacy, the Midevil Texture pack and your own variants in red, yellow, blue, white and gray. We would all appreciate that very much.

@Not Jabba

Thanks for the crate edits.

I know that this is not texture or decoration related but I converted these monsters and other things into player skins for use in Zdoom Heretic. I included the knome in both Heretic true color and the Doom pallet because I might want to use it in Doom later. I also included my favorite sprites from the sirens wad as well. Download them here.

Edited by Halfblind

Just for accident I recolored slime textures and they look interesting - to use with heretic/hexen/doom:

SLIMX04.png.5309004e45ebef65c9fcdbde620b907f.pngSLIMX03.png.a5891a50d0e00467f9d944254f1fcac4.pngSLIMX02.png.97e9013769693deeeee10c685d8c836b.pngSLIMX01.png.e0e8925e39fdcf02965ca1556ceb5400.png

btw where can I share with some assets for doom? I couldn't find thread like that.

1 hour ago, Teder said:

btw where can I share with some assets for doom? I couldn't find thread like that.

There are those:

I was starting to put a texture pack together for Heretic / Blasphemer, but my PC has just blown up, so it might delay my progress. Some of them are borrowed from the Doom texture thread, so credit to Fuzzball, Dragonfly and possibly a few others for those ones. Most are sourced from google image search, though.

While they currently use the Blasphemer palette, I have to stress they can't be included directly in the Blasphemer project itself because they're all derivatives of existing material. None are made from scratch. However, if you want to make your own PWADS for Blasphemer (because it's a damn nice palette), some of these will be ideal. Small disclaimer, I haven't had a chance to test any of them in-game yet. I'm also not convinced any of the current "ice" textures are going to look any good, so I might replace those later. The snow footprints are probably dumb, given the limitations of aligning textures on the floor grid, so I don't know how useful those will be.  Footprints removed in version 2.  Added some doors and quite a few window textures.

It's literally a zip full of PNGs at the moment, I haven't even put them in a WAD yet:

www.teamhellspawn.com/2018tex2.zip

I'll likely make a second version for the native Heretic palette once I'm up and running, unless someone beats me to it. They might be suitable for Hexen too, so it could be a trilogy, heh. Lemme know if any of them suck/don't tile correctly/etc.

Edited by DooMAD : even moar windows