Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Post your Heretic/Hexen textures and decorations!

Something I'd love to see, per a shoutout from @Alfonzo in the most recent Doom Radio podcast -- a set of believable fantasy techbase textures. It's easy enough to rip futuristic techbases from Doom, and more power to anyone who wants to make maps like that in Heretic/Hexen. But what would fantasy tech look like? Somebody in the podcast (MTrop, maybe?) mentioned Great Bay Temple from Majora's Mask.

If @40oz is still looking for inspiration to work on Heretic textures, this might be a good place to start. I would use the hell out of those textures.

Hmm a fantasy/medieval tech base would look pretty steampunk-ish or like something ou of quake...

Since i don't want to get off-topic as for my wish list i would like gold and silver textures that would fit in something like a dungeon made out of different kinds of treasure oh and CATACOMB 3D TEXTURES REMADE TO FIT HERETIC

Another thing i would like would be the medieval themed textures from strife for heretic

1 minute ago, Fuzzball said:

uyugh.PNGretgyhu.PNGrustthin.pngrttyu.PNG MOSS1.png ggrasss.pnggreass1.png 

Have some goodies :)

Wow the first 2 look amazing :D but they look like they would fit doom 64 more

I wanted some Heretic-friendly forcefield graphics, so here they are in every color I thought would look remotely decent:

hYXKLjM.gif    mfTH4ZM.gif      YyMxD3Y.gif     Cf4XjmV.gif     wZuoQGi.gif     awKy7nP.gif     PQOuVyR.gif     Tks1MjZ.gif

SeFDkOu.gif     pp16bGY.gif

wRI7VQs.gif     7Skm7Ra.gif

o1GIU2D.gif     DeumwBn.gif

um2cogC.gif     iuc2j8o.gif

Individual .pngs:

Spoiler

EkqhpR4.png 4mVzewT.png hseFK9a.png Id2Ed9T.png qnigi2u.png wOSwItD.png rhcts9K.png i8myh2r.png jiMJ5HK.png bzFp7M5.png P2lpnfH.png VmanbcC.png 

B9Ve22g.png 1rwxb73.png aXtNJJX.png FvuQP0x.png E03jS6N.png h6MOXiS.png W5daoXa.png D4Tiapn.png qymv1dN.png 94dMXH0.png hwuu59z.png 2lRb7bV.png

xAGgEqu.png IQl3fRG.png PUfoWiF.png

eZrWZ0U.png z9a9tKj.png 0E2cXD1.png

FYvAFWQ.png bsHTD6c.png 2kcvLv7.png

2ZV7Eju.png 7PzoHgU.png 703Gdde.png

4JUNbR3.png 2ithDrK.png sZIc40N.png

FkoaVAg.png 7Hh9hCT.png T51slYl.png

c6bICrF.png 58ZvN67.png OwTosOc.png

OPqQZ8a.png 4e4Bsdq.png lTmKak8.png

Crate textures. These are just some more Baker's Legacy edits, but I think they will be useful for warehouses/crate mazes/etc. BL has a fair number of crate textures, but I realized it had no 16-cube crates, and nothing that had different sizes or patterns of crates stacked on top of each other.

Spoiler

q3f6nUS.png Q15Qjbh.png RJsv2Fp.png h4vqFNm.png

Oe8anba.png AjYwTvK.png jjLE0QH.png 8MwUKUU.png 8FNThhy.png

GfhZoJU.png 0EHUVQC.png UF9lByK.png

BQrRJqM.png XNWTgOJ.png m0FYSFl.png IISRFMP.png 4lrJDES.png CS0i3ip.png

sixcwBt.png ohscwMX.png Sr4pwrx.png

DxFz4Ah.png 

w4np88p.png ACwphxA.png HXB5NK5.png

swNSLG6.png Ll0C80c.png zrJxDYm.png IyZ7gSN.png

Finally, I finished my waterfall! It is very much inspired by the Doom 2 falls, but it is from scratch.

wJeCGeS.gif                                   U10iWqZ.png m83tDjE.png QsSzZba.png FOEMBX3.png

I have also created a fixed version of Heretic's water flats so that they tile better -- the originals have a really bad seam all the way around.

lMTTihW.png d3gU3F3.png FeTPPaz.png

Inside the spoiler tags below:

-Recolors of the new waterfall

-Recolors of the fixed liquid flats

-A few recolors of the old waterfall that I don't think I've posted yet

-Sewer/drain animations for most of the additional liquids (thanks to @Ichor for the "clean" drain textures)

-(brown sludge-style flats and sewer animations for lava/green sludge liquids are not included here because they are in Baker's Legacy)

Spoiler

vkXkv1Z.png MCOlydo.png GbvWpsi.png yEzFFan.png

36LN9b1.png hq19coO.png DolaffR.png xCD7ybB.png

iMAkK17.png tCsWbGa.png BvHd7rq.png ka1jBXc.png

sBuEE7M.png 3Sr3ixt.png K0MXYlX.png zjfsoLc.png

ZABCA5t.png lShCDyJ.png O7PYrEI.png rVxMHOp.png

LJo0h8T.png yphwE4R.png 6eenLiC.png ZolZusj.png

IfHO0RU.png WIxq96N.png 61cebzK.png eLW9L7Z.png

4SGapaW.png 5hLi22H.png KBF5M3j.png 66myTj2.png

FJlZqad.png T77Amp6.png lNRubw9.png diqrmN0.png N91enKb.png IiEt9tJ.png

Eu4no1V.png ekDwVk4.png TqSprmf.png 6WzWObc.png nc1T0eY.png 8UqD7mX.png

9Ex6PJw.png Rqv9uKm.png KwR9hNL.png Vbklvpb.png 7A88GE7.png kk82RNK.png

N9JyVpp.png ycciKw4.png KBHnEdd.png pBl8kTt.png aCuwyUB.png bhomhG2.png K8ZISnB.png QlnMJ3E.png l2pKWOa.png

A9vdf74.png 6jtybEQ.png P0zoNj8.png rfsDyeL.png UX1fPaY.png

xDMfVE6.png dWMtCsO.png UVg01J9.png FB9mqy3.png EYJPASn.png

0kX83r5.png jqnrlgW.png NOCSkel.png fx0waqJ.png zuSufVs.png

UXlssEH.png tNYkKJ9.png mbb3bNy.png

EIsm6Fw.png VxChX8n.png Iv5ItMc.png 

^ The new waterfall looks so sweet! This is a good replacement for the WFALL texture.

Slight update: The first waterfall I posted (the blue one only, not the recolors) was a bit too dark for Heretic. Here's a lighter version that goes better with the water flats and the way that Heretic renders color/brightness in general. The earlier version is close to the shades used in the Doom waterfall, so if you want to port it to Doom for any reason, try using that version.

ZxZWl72.gif                                                    pFNBFQM.png gTZg3Lo.png HJXqDIL.png Qq2Cx4t.png

Hey everyone, don't forget to put all these wonderful textures into a zip file later so that we can download them all at once.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:38 PM, Not Jabba said:

Finally, I finished my waterfall! It is very much inspired by the Doom 2 falls, but it is from scratch.

wJeCGeS.gif                                   U10iWqZ.png m83tDjE.png QsSzZba.png FOEMBX3.png

I have also created a fixed version of Heretic's water flats so that they tile better -- the originals have a really bad seam all the way around.

lMTTihW.png d3gU3F3.png FeTPPaz.png

Reveal hidden contents

vkXkv1Z.png MCOlydo.png GbvWpsi.png yEzFFan.png

36LN9b1.png hq19coO.png DolaffR.png xCD7ybB.png

iMAkK17.png tCsWbGa.png BvHd7rq.png ka1jBXc.png

sBuEE7M.png 3Sr3ixt.png K0MXYlX.png zjfsoLc.png

ZABCA5t.png lShCDyJ.png O7PYrEI.png rVxMHOp.png

LJo0h8T.png yphwE4R.png 6eenLiC.png ZolZusj.png

IfHO0RU.png WIxq96N.png 61cebzK.png eLW9L7Z.png

4SGapaW.png 5hLi22H.png KBF5M3j.png 66myTj2.png

FJlZqad.png T77Amp6.png lNRubw9.png diqrmN0.png N91enKb.png IiEt9tJ.png

Eu4no1V.png ekDwVk4.png TqSprmf.png 6WzWObc.png nc1T0eY.png 8UqD7mX.png

9Ex6PJw.png Rqv9uKm.png KwR9hNL.png Vbklvpb.png 7A88GE7.png kk82RNK.png

N9JyVpp.png ycciKw4.png KBHnEdd.png pBl8kTt.png aCuwyUB.png bhomhG2.png K8ZISnB.png QlnMJ3E.png l2pKWOa.png

A9vdf74.png 6jtybEQ.png P0zoNj8.png rfsDyeL.png UX1fPaY.png

xDMfVE6.png dWMtCsO.png UVg01J9.png FB9mqy3.png EYJPASn.png

0kX83r5.png jqnrlgW.png NOCSkel.png fx0waqJ.png zuSufVs.png

UXlssEH.png tNYkKJ9.png mbb3bNy.png

EIsm6Fw.png VxChX8n.png Iv5ItMc.png 

So I was messing around with Heretic liquids and was pulling my hair out trying to get them to match!  Thoguht I was doing something wrong!

Sky texture I made for my Necropolis Hell level.  Doom Needs more purple!  I hope I didn't overdo it.

PSKY1.png

3 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Just started work on a few Heretic texture sets. Here's a preview:

Definitely looks useful and fitting to the style.  Looking forward to seeing the rest of the set.

Nevermind, wrong "post your" thread... sorry!

Edited by Gez

ZFu0t6d.png

Alternate set with bolts:

NdJrokb.png

A Quake 1-esque crypt set, originally based on Doom's BROWNGRN:

NZ1IGy5.png

Conversions of some GothicDM and SlaughterDM-based/inspired textures:

9s2bry7.png

0mOS8ir.png

n7MDYXJ.png

HNLjN0O.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE : More textures

Oooo, Love the Quake-ish textures, @NiGHTMARE. I've always thought some quake textures would fit nicely in heretic style.

Speaking of crypts, sometime ago I was planning on trying to convert or at least modify the unused Crypt textures from Unreal 1. (though they were used in one ut99 map)

Spoiler

Unreal83sidodownhole.png

Unreal83setistart.png

I've only done 2 by then, but once i pick up some steam I'll consider finishing this.

UCHIERO.png.6121627929ffaad6a8bcbe9356a46ec1.pnguclite1.png.cc65a2b1dda0c065634778f7a88ecd40.png

I believe they fit best with heretic's sandstone textures.

Any fans of stalkers here?

u0c2Uso.png gBhE6SZ.png VFmFgEC.png 6HxgJqJ.png PlpR5dO.png

I originally made these for a mapset inspired by a Hexen fanfic I wrote, which involved a stalker cult from the swamps. However that ended up going nowhere cuz I'm shit at mapping so here ya go.

Here are some flat versions of most of the vanilla Heretic walls which were missing them:

ioDPTRS.png

EDIT: And some flats as walls:

lFsQMCg.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE : More textures

7 hours ago, 129thVisplane said:

I originally made these for a mapset inspired by a Hexen fanfic I wrote, which involved a stalker cult from the swamps. However that ended up going nowhere cuz I'm shit at mapping so here ya go.

Nice sprites!  The background story reminds me of one of my own unfinished Hexen maps that was loosely inspired by Lovecraft's "The Doom That Came to Sarnath".  A ruined swamp city that was kind of a Stalker/Reiver theme map, heh, started out seeming empty and then you'd hit a trigger that set the lot of 'em to surface and come after you.

I should finish that damn map some time.  And the 20-odd other Hexen maps I've got sitting around waiting to be fixed up and made into a proper WAD.

I would just like to re-post these but with a screenshot. Sock textures are amazing.

EgyptSOC for Heretic

kTsMSRk.png

@NiGHTMARE

Can we get ALL the black metal textures from Heretic, Bakers Legacy, the Midevil Texture pack and your own variants in red, yellow, blue, white and gray. We would all appreciate that very much.

@Not Jabba

Thanks for the crate edits.

I know that this is not texture or decoration related but I converted these monsters and other things into player skins for use in Zdoom Heretic. I included the knome in both Heretic true color and the Doom pallet because I might want to use it in Doom later. I also included my favorite sprites from the sirens wad as well. Download them here.

Edited by Halfblind

Here's a pretty simple conversion of the ikwhite texture set used in Quake mapping so it can be used in Heretic mapping. Includes flats and RGYB switches.

Preview:

Screenshot_Heretic_20180421_113245.png.6b01146ab7e0da28dbe1f39940baccee.png

Ikwhite.wad.7z

Posted (edited)

Just for accident I recolored slime textures and they look interesting - to use with heretic/hexen/doom:

SLIMX04.png.5309004e45ebef65c9fcdbde620b907f.pngSLIMX03.png.a5891a50d0e00467f9d944254f1fcac4.pngSLIMX02.png.97e9013769693deeeee10c685d8c836b.pngSLIMX01.png.e0e8925e39fdcf02965ca1556ceb5400.png

btw where can I share with some assets for doom? I couldn't find thread like that.

1 hour ago, Teder said:

btw where can I share with some assets for doom? I couldn't find thread like that.

There are those: