Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The Cool Science Thread

Every so often I come across some cool videos on youtube of various science experiments that just look awesome.  If you know of one that you found particularly interesting, share and talk about it here.  

I love Backyard Scientist on youtube.  This is his "Fire Tornado" experiment!  The way it works is that the flame inside of the two half-cylinder glass pieces draws in cooler air from the gaps between the glass when you offset the cylinder pieces, causing the air inside to spin around and draw the flame upwards.  He does a much better job of explaining it than I do, so here's the video!  

I am subscribed to that channel. You might also like Physics Girl and Smarter Every Day.

I love Smarter Every Day.  I just watched their video about the Tesla Coil Gun.  Needless to say, I need one of these.

Me and my friends used to make these all the time. Just roll tinfoil into strips and slip about 3-4 through the neck of a large two liter pop bottle. Save them up over time, or get them from recycling bins. Add muriatic or hydrochloric acid through a funnel and voila! Instant fun. Enjoy!