Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

There is an alpha: Akumajou Waluigi X: Wando of Blood

70eFAUI.png

Yes

This is a 2.5D platformer TC based off of Nash's Side Scroller Game Starter Kit. What started off as a dumb experiment quickly metamorphosed into a cronenbergian wonderland. Guide the evil Waluigi on his mission to kill everything in existence! Defeat hideous foes and make countless jumpy-type movements! Punch Goombas and probably Bionicles into orbit!

hiu8quT.jpg

Featuring:

• An extensive movelist including sliding, jump sliding, jumping, etc
  • Overly melodramatic 3D animated cutscenes
  • Absurd setpieces
  • A plot originally written by a small terrifying child
  • seriously Waluigi only came to this town to watch people burn apparently
  • Epic Infringe 3D Content ripped from random video games to make this even more better
  • No rules
  • Sephiroth (spoiler he dies)
  • And maybe more

When can you play it?
Now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VPNdHwhTciVdYTI_mU8MFJVBAAAHqll2

Credits:
jmickle66666666
Nash
Quetzal
Nintendo
Sephiroth

Edited by Jaxxoon R

1 hour ago, Jaxxoon R said:

Yes

Wait, that was supposed to read no. I'm confused. 

In all seriousness I've been keeping an eye on the stuff you've posted for this so far and I'm looking forward to getting my grubby paws on it; looks like it has a good sense of humor too :) I'll admit though that I was a bit disappointed when I saw:
1 hour ago, Jaxxoon R said:

When can you play it?
Soon.

but it's cool to get some more info on it! Always nice to see things that are fairly unique, plus Doom.

Good luck with your hype thread ;D

Well, this certainly looks interesting. I'll keep an eye peeled.

Not at my pc but hoooooly shit I'm excited to try this. Easily one of the highest mods on my "can't wait for it!" list.

Added a period where the dropped item can't be collected in the subweapon swapping to fix an issue where the player would get stuck between unwanted items in small corridors. Currently cleaning up the player collision/state handling, then I'll move onto blocking out the kart section and the pathing system for its boss.

Man... I just played this and even though I beat all of it in like 25 minutes, I absolutely adore it. Seriously, that was some of the most fun I've had playing a new Doom wad in quite a while. I really, really hope to see more. Depending on how long this endeavor takes, I could potentially contribute a map layout at some point, just to help lighten the workload. I used to map for Super Mario World quite a bit and feel like some of those layouts would translate perfectly here.

The cutscenes were cheesy, over dramatic and hilarious, just like I like it. Maybe I'm biased as a huge fan of the classic era Mario games, but I desperately need more of this.

I recall Waluigi had a hilarious lose animation in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour where he looked like he was having a heart attack.

Essentially the way I scripted the HUD worked back in 2017, but at some point something was changed internally and now it causes GZDoom to crash.

I've gone ahead and uploaded a version with the HUD commented out. I'm really sad I let this slip by the wayside but unfortunately I'm not really in a position to work on it at the moment, else I would have put together a proper fix by now. If it's any consolation this version is a tiny bit further along than the previous.