Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slimz

Free map requests!

Recommended Posts

Could you create a map with the only source of light being dynamic lighting? I mean setting sector lighting to 0. I'm not talking about making full bright rooms (mainly because the framerate would be horrible), I'm talking about putting torches, candles or stuff like that, just enough to see where you're going.

 

Someone posted about this before and I think it's a cool idea.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

Could you create a map with the only source of light being dynamic lighting?

I can see this working, kinda. The huge problem is that light usually bounces off surfaces, so one light source should illuminate the whole room, not just a small circle. This would make things look a bit weird. It could be done, but would require some good design and forethought.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Could you create a map with the only source of light being dynamic lighting? I mean setting sector lighting to 0. I'm not talking about making full bright rooms (mainly because the framerate would be horrible), I'm talking about putting torches, candles or stuff like that, just enough to see where you're going.

 

Someone posted about this before and I think it's a cool idea.

It's surprisingly hard with the current implementation of dynamic lighting to use it solely. It's great for spot lights and specific sources of light, but damn near impossible to use for ambient light or flood lights (day light especially). You'd need to be very careful about designing geometry that specially worked well with it.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, MrCacod3mon said:

I have an idea...

A DOCTOR WHO DOOM WAD!!!

i would love to see that being turned into an epic doom mod.

It would be cool if it was made so the TARDIS is bigger on the inside!

 

For the people who are looking at this comment and don't know or has not seen the show Doctor Who. The TARDIS looks like this (below) and the TARDIS travels through time and space.

 

tardis-animated.gif

Thanks for the idea! 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bauul said:

It's surprisingly hard with the current implementation of dynamic lighting to use it solely. It's great for spot lights and specific sources of light, but damn near impossible to use for ambient light or flood lights (day light especially). You'd need to be very careful about designing geometry that specially worked well with it.

Thanks for idea! Even makes my brain more increased!

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Come on, guys, you're turning this into a shitpost thread. The guy doesn't speak English as a first language and he's just trying to do something to get into the community. Having other people suggesting ideas for maps to make isn't a bad idea. Yeah, he probably should do his own thing to show us what he can do first, but that's his prerogative. Maybe he doesn't have any ideas. 

Thanks for helping me out!

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, MarketAnarchy said:

@Slimz What's your preferred language?

 

Can you make a realistic looking building. Include many rooms, some upstairs with windows overlooking a lake.

 

Thanks,

Robert

Seems hard....

Share this post


Link to post

Well although you seem to be flooded with requests by people (serious or otherwise), I'd like to chip in a map request that I've wanted to see for some time now.....

 

A map based off The Ring/Ring, my favourite horror film. Not sure how you'd go about this, but feel free to do whatever you fancy as long as it's somewhat based off visuals from the film.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

Well although you seem to be flooded with requests by people (serious or otherwise), I'd like to chip in a map request that I've wanted to see for some time now.....

 

A map based off The Ring/Ring, my favourite horror film. Not sure how you'd go about this, but feel free to do whatever you fancy as long as it's somewhat based off visuals from the film.

I never seen this movie.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, antares031 said:

 

I suppose you're talking about the original japanese one. That really freaked me out when I was kid, both visually and acoustically.

 

Perhaps I can make one for the halloween season, but I should get used to that scary eyeball scene. :D

This is yours now atares031. I'm not very good coder. XD

Share this post


Link to post

Well just make maps like most of us do, I'd say surprise us with something. The community is a hungry beast that always has an appetite for new maps.

Share this post


Link to post

Cough.....learn english.........i am 15 and i  speak 3 different languages and i am better than you in english......Cough @Slimz

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Za Warudo said:

Cough.....learn english.........i am 15 and i  speak 3 different languages and i am better than you in english......Cough @Slimz

>Saws edited post

 

You edited "your" post.

Screenshot_139.png

Share this post


Link to post

You should build small wad based on industrial hell in 1024x2048 grid. Format:boom. Monster/colectible things(ammo,weapons,heal items) count:between 100-300(you can add more if you need). It can contain custom textures or obstacles,but no new monsters. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, antares031 said:

 

I suppose you're talking about the original japanese one. That really freaked me out when I was kid, both visually and acoustically.

 

Perhaps I can make one for the halloween season, but I should get used to that scary eyeball scene. :D

I first watched the American remake in 2002 when it first came out, which has left me with more of an impression than the Japanese original which I watched afterwards with glee. A map based off either of them would be nice though; although if I had to state any kind of preference, I wouldn't mind some kind of map based off Samara's asylum; that ultra weird blueish/whiteish area would be a nice visual standout to recreate in a Doom wad.

Share this post


Link to post

slimez: i want a few maps that utilize monster spawners in a way. This can be Icon of Sin maps or just normal maps that use the spawner. Or both!

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

slimez: i want a few maps that utilize monster spawners in a way. This can be Icon of Sin maps or just normal maps that use the spawner. Or both!

Can you say my name correctly next time? And thanks for idea!

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/10/2017 at 8:35 AM, MysteriousHaruko said:

You should build small wad based on industrial hell in 1024x2048 grid. Format:boom. Monster/colectible things(ammo,weapons,heal items) count:between 100-300(you can add more if you need). It can contain custom textures or obstacles,but no new monsters. 

I don't use Boom sorry...

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Slimz said:

I don't use Boom sorry...

Boom is not very strict format and almost every port supports this format(except those which are strict to vanilla  ports). I don't really care what format will you use,you can take this request. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Boom is not very strict format and almost every port supports this format(except those which are strict to vanilla  ports). I don't really care what format will you use,you can take this request. 

Okay. >.> 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2017 at 5:47 AM, Slimz said:

Can you say my name correctly next time? And thanks for idea!

sorry. based on the timestamp of the post, i was more likely than not half asleep after coming back from work and the tax preparation office.

Share this post


Link to post

Play wolfenstein lol? In case you missed it there is also WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony, but that will be very different to pcorf's maps :p

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Play wolfenstein lol? In case you missed it there is also WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony, but that will be very different to pcorf's maps :p

Oh man, I LOVE Wolfenstein, in case you can't tell. And I love all the WolfenDoom stuff too. Really can't wait for the rest of Blade of Agony to be released. But Paul Cornflake's little mod there was special, and Ive been dying for more of that very particular flavor.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×