Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rifle Infantry

Doom 3: Depths of Evil [Community Project]

10 hours ago, bonnie said:

i disagree

Compared to the chaingun, but i tested it my own wad, where you insta get the chaingun :p

buuuuttt ill think you wont get the chaingun in this wads first map ;)

so ill agree to bonnie

Updated the Content Pack with changes to the monsters.

Zombie Marine

- Now has a secondary missile attack in which they fire slowly (on par with Zombieman's attack duration) but with 1/2 the inaccuracy, only if past 500 units. The Zombie Marine smoothly transitions between this attack and its close-range missile as you go closer or farther away from it.

- Health increased to 60.

Zombie Marine (Plasma Rifle)

- Now fires a 10-round burst of plasma bolts at the same rate as the player's plasma rifle.

- Health increased to 90.

Hectebus

- Has now become a flying monster with resistance to splash damage, more of a miniboss.

- Shots are individually less damaging but also have splash damage, making it extremely dangerous to be in this monster's line of fire.

- Health lowered to 800.

Cyber Baron

- Health lowered to 1100.

- Now throws a triplet of fireballs instead of a single fireball when it doesn't shoot a rocket.

Dark Imp

- Removed, too generic.

Wretch

- New monster using Realm667's Roach sprites.

- A little like a weak Arch-Vile, the Wretch runs about healing its slain comrades.

- It passively heals (2 HP/tic) and has 80 HP.

- It lacks a missile attack and can only claw at enemies.

Railgun Revenant

- Renamed from Laser Revenant.

- Shots are slightly faster now.

Railgun

- Now fires blue energy pulses in the same aesthetic as the Railgun Revenant's, doing 100 damage on a direct hit.

- Shots travel at 200 speed and can instagib weaker monsters. Still consumes 10 cells/shot.

21 hours ago, Rifle Infantry said:

Could you tell me which map you're doing specifically?

Think medium so, 24

preview:

Spoiler

Schermafbeelding_2017_04_11_om_10_46_37. Schermafbeelding_2017_04_11_om_10_46_55. Schermafbeelding_2017_04_11_om_10_47_26.

I think it would be interesting to see this project incorporate some of the engine enhancements made by other Doom engine games. One can assume that, had another Doom game been made in the 90's, it might have used such things as polyobjects and freelook, right? It would certainly help differentiate this project from other Doom 3 efforts, which, as you've mentioned, often seem more like Doom 2 expansion packs.

5 hours ago, Atendega said:

I think it would be interesting to see this project incorporate some of the engine enhancements made by other Doom engine games. One can assume that, had another Doom game been made in the 90's, it might have used such things as polyobjects and freelook, right? It would certainly help differentiate this project from other Doom 3 efforts, which, as you've mentioned, often seem more like Doom 2 expansion packs.

You know, thats a great idea. Freelook was already planned, since the Railgun's lack of autoaim necessitates it. 

Oh... you changed the title... well that kind of ruins the whole... Titanic as a secret level thing... and the name Evil Titanic I was going to call it...

43 minutes ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Oh... you changed the title... well that kind of ruins the whole... Titanic as a secret level thing... and the name Evil Titanic I was going to call it...

You could still call the level Titanic Evil, and some people could get the joke. Or since this project is now called Depths of Evil, you could set it in the wreckage of the Titanic at the bottom of the ocean and call it Evil Depths.

1 hour ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Figured that the singular map didn't justify the derpy subtitle. Though Not Jabba is right; it still fits if you name the map that way.

I may attempt something here. Give me a theme and a mapslot.

Maybe reccomend use of Skull Orbs and/or Power Cubes as well as other decorations/props depending on map theme?

1 minute ago, SArais said:

I may attempt something here. Give me a theme and a mapslot.

I'd ideally like more techbases to start. Are you comfortable with MAP02?

1 minute ago, Rifle Infantry said:

I'd ideally like more techbases to start. Are you comfortable with MAP02?

doesn't someone already have map02??????

also I'd like to sign up for map 22 please :)

how long should it be?

50 minutes ago, bonnie said:

doesn't someone already have map02??????

also I'd like to sign up for map 22 please :)

how long should it be?

...Derp. Was posting on mobile (friends came by and wanted to swing past Dairy Queen, lol) and I forgot to check the frontpage. Change that to MAP04.

I'll put you in for MAP22. You should make it reasonably long for a Hell-stage DOOM map, I guess, but that's all up to your creative freedoms; whether you want a short "theme" level, or a big winding adventure, is up to you.

Updated the Content Pack again.

Maps

-Added 5th Episode textures by Nick Baker. Now Doom 3 will look a lot less like Doom 2.

Monsters

-Fixed human Marine riflemen firing stuttering bursts instead of two-round ones.

-Fixed zombie Marines firing their long-range attack continuously after the player's death.

And here's the finished Map01 (at least the first version, this definitely doesn't mark the last time I'll edit this map). Be sure to load it with the content pack.

MAP01: Assault

"Upon the detection of demonic activity within UAC-Titan, the Space Marine Corps immediately mobilized a response force, headed by none other than the Marine who single-handedly defeated the first two demonic invasions. The marines mustered at a forward operating base and prepared to storm the gates of UAC-Titan, facing heavy demonic opposition."

Details:

- Relatively straightforward map through a winding gorge.

- Heavy friendly presence in the form of Marines (mostly riflemen, with some shotgunners and chaingunners).

- Enemy presence mostly includes zombiemen, imps, and zombie marines, though stronger monsters like Cacodemons and Pinkies appear.

- The player must rely on their Rifle throughout the map (friendly Marines only drop ammo upon death).

- Large-scale battle scene initially, making way to clearing out a gorge maze and storming a winding path over water toward the entrance of the UAC-Titan base while under fire.

- Uses its own MIDI; aka Fuel by Metallica, Doomified. Some nice action rock to go with the battle.

Hope you guys enjoy this first peek at Doom 3. I had fun making it, and I hope you all have fun with this version too.

---------------------

Update: Apparently this is a slightly older version of the map- the two secrets vanished, along with a few health and medkits. I am having issues reopening and fixing the map in GZDoom Builder, as renaming it from "TitanAssault" (the original name) to "D3MAP01" apparently broke something, and even with the map re-renamed it still refuses to show up when opened. I will see if I can fix this problem. For now, though, the map is largely functional.

Edited by Rifle Infantry

feedback on content pack (based on your map01): rifle fires a bit too fast, and even looks comical while doing so

zombie rifle boys have a somewhat unreasonable amount of health :/

i'm not a fan of the railgun... rail... effect thing, it makes it hard to see where your shots are going, also it doesn't penetrate enemies which really frickin blows

feedback on map: honestly? meh. i see what you were trying to do, but you didn't really do it well. first off, lay the heck back on those high tier bad boys, then, maybe not have 20 axe men in the exit room goodness me, and finally, really work on your detailing and architecture there friend, it felt kinda bland.

you could take what you have currently and turn it into something else, and perhaps have a more experienced mapper try their hand at what you were originally going for, and then maybe have the map at the end of episode 1 or 2, ya know?

oh my gosh i'm sorry you even said you had fun making it and i just ruined it aw frick me aw jeez you're gonna kick me out of the project aw jeez my map isn't even gonna be any better ;~;

edit: i was so caught up in being a dick that i forgot to mention that i liked the axe men

Edited by bonnie

58 minutes ago, bonnie said:

feedback on content pack (based on your map01): rifle fires a bit too fast, and even looks comical while doing so

zombie rifle boys have a somewhat unreasonable amount of health :/

i'm not a fan of the railgun... rail... effect thing, it makes it hard to see where your shots are going, also it doesn't penetrate enemies which really frickin blows

feedback on map: honestly? meh. i see what you were trying to do, but you didn't really do it well. first off, lay the heck back on those high tier bad boys, then, maybe not have 20 axe men in the exit room goodness me, and finally, really work on your detailing and architecture there friend, it felt kinda bland.

you could take what you have currently and turn it into something else, and perhaps have a more experienced mapper try their hand at what you were originally going for, and then maybe have the map at the end of episode 1 or 2, ya know?

oh my gosh i'm sorry you even said you had fun making it and i just ruined it aw frick me aw jeez you're gonna kick me out of the project aw jeez my map isn't even gonna be any better ;~;

edit: i was so caught up in being a dick that i forgot to mention that i liked the axe men

I really appreciate feedback; truth be told, while this isn't my first map I've tried (I can attest to about a million stillborn, half-done projects in GZDoom Builder that acquainted me to the program), it is the first one I released.

Not sure that I should keep it as MAP01, really, since it's rather meh in my opinion as well, but for now it's sitting there. I'm glad to see that you appear to have the railgun and such show up; for me, after I renamed things, they vanished for whatever reason.

Zombie Marines have 60 HP; same as an Imp. Originally they had 50, but I felt that they weren't intimidating enough given that a single shotgun blast would essentially always kill them, while an Imp might have a chance to survive a close-up shot. The amount of Cacos and Pinkies around are because you have a very large allied force with you, some of which are packing shotties and chainguns; where the heavier mooks appear (i.e. near the start) is where they'll be able to offer the most support to you.

I implemented the railgun effect the way it is specifically because the regular railgun effect looked very out-of-place and high-detail in a .wad that's supposed to emulate a potential 1995 id release. I will probably lower where the shot emits from to make it look a bit better.

The crowbar zombie scientists (around 6-8 of them inside the exit room) aren't really all that hard to kill, but they're meant to make the player jump and back up, basically barring him from simply rushing past the Revenant, Mancubus, and Hell Knight on the sniper's perch to the side of the path and immediately get through the map. If you're dry of ammo, and the Revenant isn't dead for whatever reason, you can do creative things like baiting homing rockets into zombie scientists. Always fun when they gib.

If anything though, once I manage to get it working in GZDoom Builder again, I'll certainly be doing an improvement program on it. This is only the first release of MAP01, after all.

1 hour ago, SArais said:

Right. Going to try map05 because map04 is bonnie's.

??????? map04 wasn't mine!!! i asked for map22!!! how could this happen????????????

aw jeez man

12 minutes ago, bonnie said:

??????? map04 wasn't mine!!! i asked for map22!!! how could this happen????????????

aw jeez man

Jesus fuck am I tired now. Really shouldn't have been making edits when I was half-dead...

Time to fix all of that. You never saw anything happen. *neuralizer*

5 hours ago, SArais said:

Where did you find some of these textures?

Afterglow. Specifically using the 5th Episode textures by Nick Baker, since they appealed to me most as techbasey, vanilla-fitting textures, and given that the .wad takes place in a non-city area (none to be seen on Titan), I figured it didn't need gothic wooden textures or anything like that.

On 4/11/2017 at 0:51 PM, Not Jabba said:

You could still call the level Titanic Evil, and some people could get the joke. Or since this project is now called Depths of Evil, you could set it in the wreckage of the Titanic at the bottom of the ocean and call it Evil Depths.

yeah doomguy has been on ganymede, io and saturn, but not on the ocean floor.

and in the intermission screen, doomguy does the king of the world scene at the ship's bow, while a midi of my heart will go on plays.

MAP24: Going in Deep (V1)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/meisvccr6j9643g/MAP24.wad

*I only did a fast play though at god mode, monsters and pickups may be edited in futher, hope you guyz will help me with feedback (this is my second map, so please spare me :) )

**LOL just saw a flying barrel on my own screenshot, fixed!

Screenshots:

sc1.jpg sc2.jpg sc3.jpg sc4.jpg sc5.jpg sc6.jpg

Edited by vincent0s