Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

Hexen characters in Doom

I always loved to take down everything in my path with the brutal strenght of the Fighter from Hexen. So, I, with my VERY limited knowledge about DECORATE scripting, decided to bring him into Doom.

I also decided to bring in the Cleric and the Mage because why not.

I still suck at this, so the Backpack doesn't increase mana capacity and the Berserk Pack gives health, but nothing else. But what we do have are flechettes! (I sacrificed the armor bonuses).

The Fighter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6r5hewzxuw3p29/TheFighter[v1.2.1].pk3?dl=0

The Cleric: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aimw21qgkorbxen/TheCleric[v1.2.1].pk3?dl=0

The Mage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8abbffrfr9asuyq/TheMage[v1.2.1].pk3?dl=0

Why didn't I made a single mod with player classes, you say? Because, again, I only know very basic stuff.

Thanks to Gez and Arctangent for giving me DECORATE lessons! Also a huge thanks to Eradrop for the frozen monster sprites for the Mage.

Edited by KVELLER : Why do I always forget to credit people?

goodness friend it seems he has overloaded on his vitamin gummies as he appears to be 8 feet tall

otherwise, it's quite nice, i hope ya add more friend

8 hours ago, bonnie said:

goodness friend it seems he has overloaded on his vitamin gummies as he appears to be 8 feet tall

otherwise, it's quite nice, i hope ya add more friend

Hehe, the Fighter actor seems to be taller than Doomguy. Hopefully this doesn't bring any problems.

NEW UPDATE

Now it actually works as intended.

- Now the player can't use Doom weapons or pick up ammo for them.

- Now the Backpack increases mana capacity. EDIT: It doesn't... Goddammit...

- Decreased Fighter's actor height so he doesn't get stuck with the level architecture. This didn't affect the camera height, though.

I'll bring the Cleric and Mage next!

Edited by KVELLER

Now we are talking, so i played around with the Fighter and he plays pretty good, he literaly butchers zombies, imps in 1 hit with the Timon's Axe, slays Barons with 3 Quietus swings, crushes demons with 1 or 2 hits from the Hammer of Retribution, so overrall i'd say the Fighter feels great to play, i haven't tried the Cleric yet, but i'll give it a try.

Edit:Tried the Cleric, plays good, zombies and imps go down in 1 to 3 hits with the Spiked Mace, Serpent Staff leeches life from enemies, jack of all trades weapon, can be used in pretty much any situation, Firestorm works as expected, good to taking down small groups of zombies, imps or demons, Wraithverge, tears though demon flesh, humiliates Barons within seconds, excellent for taking down groups of tougher enemies or just taking down bosses.

For the Flechettes, Cleric's ones are highly effective, they stun enemies, useful to conserve mana, as for Fighter's ones, think of them as medieval grenades, useful to kill small groups of weaker enemies or damage tougher ones, overrall i didn't notice any bugs, everything works as intended and the classes play just like do in Hexen and feel great to play.

Edited by Pencil of Doom

20 hours ago, Pencil of Doom said:

Now we are talking, so i played around with the Fighter and he plays pretty good, he literaly butchers zombies, imps in 1 hit with the Timon's Axe, slays Barons with 3 Quietus swings, crushes demons with 1 or 2 hits from the Hammer of Retribution, so overrall i'd say the Fighter feels great to play, i haven't tried the Cleric yet, but i'll give it a try.

Edit:Tried the Cleric, plays good, zombies and imps go down in 1 to 3 hits with the Spiked Mace, Serpent Staff leeches life from enemies, jack of all trades weapon, can be used in pretty much any situation, Firestorm works as expected, good to taking down small groups of zombies, imps or demons, Wraithverge, tears though demon flesh, humiliates Barons within seconds, excellent for taking down groups of tougher enemies or just taking down bosses.

For the Flechettes, Cleric's ones are highly effective, they stun enemies, useful to conserve mana, as for Fighter's ones, think of them as medieval grenades, useful to kill small groups of weaker enemies or damage tougher ones, overrall i didn't notice any bugs, everything works as intended and the classes play just like do in Hexen and feel great to play.

This really sounds like a strategy guide for Hexen.

The Mage is on the way. Darch and Eradrop are currently working on the sprites for the frozen monsters. You can take a look here:

The graphics for the Mage may or may not be finished soon (or ever), so I might as well just release it in its current state.

I also removed the innecessary items (i.e. the ones that the player couldn't pick up (shotgun shells, etc)).

5 hours ago, DoodGuy said:

Nice work, I'm guessing you will add the hud later on?

Maybe. Hadn't really thought about it, since I always play with the alternative HUD. Besides, I have no idea how to lol, but I'll keep it in mind.