Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The Bizarre Wads Thread

I just found a video that reminded me exactly how awesome the doom community is made by the innovation found in the people who make up the community.

I have discovered something called "Wobbly Shader"...somebody played Doom 2 using this mod, along with "DooD" and some other mod that makes your view "spiral" continuously.  Observe.

What are some of the most insane mods you have come across?  Do you have any videos for them?

Well, there was once this one really weird wad I saw, it was like, you played as a blue Mario and everything was on fire. I can't remember what it was called, though.

one of my favorite strange wads is ggg12unfin by gggmork - it's a collection of really bizarre arty experiments. here's the dl.

and here's the thread describing it: 

Chambers of Death still perplexes me. The guy had pretty much zero mapping skills, so he would create entire megawads out of a single map with 1-2 sectors by putting different monsters in it every time. Playing through them is a very surreal experience: they feel like WADs from the stone age or something, that's how technically unimpressive they are. Occasionally you encounter maps where one of the vertexes was moved and you're like WOOOW! And the music makes me laugh so hard every time.

3 hours ago, ella guro said:

one of my favorite strange wads is ggg12unfin by gggmork - it's a collection of really bizarre arty experiments.

You think gggmork will ever come back now that the forum's updated? The section banning might not have carried over to the new software, after all.

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

Chambers of Death still perplexes me. The guy had pretty much zero mapping skills, so he would create entire megawads out of a single map with 1-2 sectors by putting different monsters in it every time. Playing through them is a very surreal experience: they feel like WADs from the stone age or something, that's how technically unimpressive they are. Occasionally you encounter maps where one of the vertexes was moved and you're like WOOOW! And the music makes me laugh so hard every time.

I tried to play this,I started laugh in midway of first level of "battlefield" wad. Atleast,music is acceptable.