Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lüt

I think I may have to break my loyalty to id...

"They are too humble.
They don't want to take credit for offering the valuable resources
that made all of this possible.
My hat goes off to them."

This guy is good at nipple-twisting.

Uhm, do I see Gordon Freeman holding a assault shotgun in those screenshots? Argh...

Oh, man... This is very tolerant and understanding towards the victims of the massacre. I hardly think that any mod idea can be more cruel and tasteless than this. Well, perhaps a reversed wolfenstein where you are a nazi killing hordes of hapless jews, or something...

bah its a game. It isn't any different than a WWII game where thousands of people were killed. But then again, i guess things from the past are ok to make games out of.

It is a thing of the past.

I'm just surprised it took them so long to make the thing, I was expecting this to be out 2 years ago.

"Soon to be on a store shelf near you with a bigass Valve logo, unoriginal box design, and a price tag of $40 for two hours of boring and predictable gameplay. Valve, we care about you."

If Valve thought for two fucking seconds they would make half a penny on this game they WOULD.

bah its a game. It isn't any different than a WWII game where thousands of people were killed. But then again, i guess things from the past are ok to make games out of.

How can one compare going on a killing spree at school with WWWII or Wolfenstein.
Soldiers are usually armed, Nazis where usually armed kids at school usually are not.
I think this concept stinks and should be removed. We got enough problems with goverments claiming violence in games are a contributing factor for school violence and this piece of shit plays right in it.

How can one compare going on a killing spree at school with WWWII or Wolfenstein.

First off, I didn't mention jackshiite about wolfenstein.

Second off maybe you didn't understand me cleary. Alot of war games are produced based around real life wars. People find the columbine game offensive, well people who lost relatives in the war may find the war games offensive, yet the war games arent targeted as bad. For such a small incident, it's incredible how so many people can criticize it and not war type games.

Ralphis: the difference is: the nazis shoot back at you. The students don't.

Right. Sort of like the car driving games where you run over people to get points.

Brings out some primitive DNA in all of us? Not my taste in games. I prefer at least a little rationale, even in pretend worlds.

Well, I really don't mind if they don't shoot back. BUT only because of the fact that IT IS A GAME. Hell, i shoot everything that moves and enjoy it in a game, but in real life I don't don't even hurt insects god forbid a person.

anyone else think this is sick and totally wrong? i think that whoever came up with this, and is designing it, should be put in jail and/or executed. if i knew who to mention this to, who would do something about it, i would.

First off, I didn't mention jackshiite about wolfenstein.

Second off maybe you didn't understand me cleary. Alot of war games are produced based around real life wars. People find the columbine game offensive, well people who lost relatives in the war may find the war games offensive, yet the war games arent targeted as bad. For such a small incident, it's incredible how so many people can criticize it and not war type games.

OK, so you did not mention Wolfenstein. Back to WWII. This was war. In wars a lot of things happen; and a lot of people get hurt. But most get drafted into it. To make a game, where you play a phsyco, plays right into the anti violence in games etc bla bla movement. "May we present exhibit A your honor. A game, your Honor, we can now prove that this industry is responsible for the violence in our Schools." Can you envision this court scene? I can.

This game concept is crap, and made to get attention. And I hope Valve stays away from this mod. Otherwise I will be loyal to id Software like they are the saints.

Right. Sort of like the car driving games where you run over people to get points.

Hey! Carmageddon rocks. It's not trying to be serious and I find it fun.

Elbryan - I'm with you. I do think that it's wrong. Something like The Columbne thing shouldn't be capitalised upon. I actually know someone whos neice went to Columbine high school the year it happened, and the only reason she wasn't there was because she was ill. She would be fucking outraged at an idea like that one.

Hmm see what the boys at planet Half-life have to say
about this, its pretty sick as anyone who remembers the
Dunblane shooting in england (well scotland)knows!

Defently drop Planet H-L a line

I'm pretty tolerant of what I allow on these forums, but I can't allow this. There is nothing funny about school massacres, and it is especially tasteless to quip about that sort of thing on a Doom forum, after many of us have personally had to fight off the stigma attached to playing Doom, or have been unjustly suspected or punished just because we happen to play it. This topic is closed, and if anyone tries to bring it up again they are banned.