Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

Modify Berserk Pack

I'm trying to get the Berserk Pack working for another actor, instead of "Fist", but I can't figure out how to do it.

Can anyone help me? Please?

I'm using DECORATE BTW.

Berserk, by itself, doesn't do anything. It's just there.

It's the code from the Fist weapon, specifically A_Punch, which checks if the player has a berserk item in inventory, and if so, it multiplies damage inflicted by 10.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Berserk, by itself, doesn't do anything. It's just there.

It's the code from the Fist weapon, specifically A_Punch, which checks if the player has a berserk item in inventory, and if so, it multiplies damage inflicted by 10.

Oh, so that's why I couldn't find anything. Got it. Thanks again!

You can't just use the Berserk pack on another weapon, but you can get your new weapon to recognize that you have the Berserk pack and behave accordingly. I recently got some tips on how to do this here. Probably you want to use CountInv, though I ended up using A_JumpIfInventory instead.

Also, you should really post questions like this in the Editing section of the forums.

Edited by Not Jabba : Clarifications

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

You can't just use the Berserk pack on another weapon, but you can get your new weapon to recognize that you have the Berserk pack and behave accordingly. I recently got some tips on how to do this here. Probably you want to use CountInv, though I ended up using A_JumpIfInventory instead.

Also, you should really post questions like this in the Editing section of the forums.

Thank you! I'll take a look at it.

And yes, I realised that I posted this in the wrong section afterwards.