Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lila Feuer

gdxBlood

I loved Blood, it's about time someone took the initiative to work on a source port for it despite lacking the source code.

The main issue with Blood's source code -- aside from it being nowhere to be found -- is that Build is a fucking coding nightmare that would drive ordinary men mad. This is definitely very, very promising work, however.

15 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

Blood is a game I've never played and I've heard so many good things about it.

Why do you hate yourself?

Blood is the only Build engine game that I really, really like and it's the one that's been shown the least home-dev love.  I hope this reaches fruition.

I await this port as I find Blood on my crap hardware DOSBox to be rather chuggy and awkward (but hey it gets the job done).

Physics seem different or is it just me, also no gun recoil. I guess these Minor issues will be addressed eventually, other than that looks neat.

well, it's about damn time! it's taken so long for someone to actually make a source port for this game.

Interesting how this is made in Java. Does this introduce any issues, I wonder? Regardless, I'm looking forward to playing it and I hope the guy releases the source-code so that people can port it to other systems.

Hopefully someone else will come along and look at this java port to make a blood port based on eduke32.

I'm really impressed at what's on display here, it looks super authentic in the way things move and behave and the physics and so on.

5 hours ago, Agentbromsnor said:

Interesting how this is made in Java. Does this introduce any issues, I wonder? Regardless, I'm looking forward to playing it and I hope the guy releases the source-code so that people can port it to other systems.

The Java part has me worried, I hope it doesn't require a system wide Java installation.

I'm still hoping the guy will eventually release the source-code of his port, so that others might port it to C/C++ or something.

The only problem I see is how he is making it a stretched out version of 320x200, I wish he would at least use 800x600 since that was also a stable size in the original DOS version.

This made me download BloodCM again. It's in very decent shape (5 episodes, yay!) but a couple of bugs and something odd about skill 4/5 make it not perfect. Looking forward to this.

14 hours ago, Avoozl said:

The only problem I see is how he is making it a stretched out version of 320x200, I wish he would at least use 800x600 since that was also a stable size in the original DOS version.

Why don't you ask him about it on YouTube? So far, it seems like he has replied to most of the questions people have asked him.

20 hours ago, BlackFish said:

This made me download BloodCM again. It's in very decent shape (5 episodes, yay!) but a couple of bugs and something odd about skill 4/5 make it not perfect. Looking forward to this.

I've actually yet to try BloodCM out as I thought last time it only had the first couple of episodes, I guess it got significantly updated since then!

It's been released! http://m210.duke4.net/index.php/files/viewdownload/9-java/50-bloodgdx

BloodGDX is based on Java's libgdx framework v0.99. 

It is a reverse-engeneered source port of the original Blood from Monolith(perhaps there is have a difference between Blood v1.21 and BloodGDX, because I working on decompilation of Blood v1.00 because it is more readable than v1.21.

BloodGDX tested with Blood v1.00 and steam version 1.21, but will working with any full versions of Blood (Still not working with shareware versions)

Installation instructions:

First make sure to have a JRE at least version 1.6 installed.

- place BloodGDX.jar to Blood folder

- if you are using Blood version below 1.21, take the files TILES016.ART and TILES017.ART from version 1.21 and place it in Blood folder, otherwise you will not see the texts (QFN format not decompiled yet)

- run BloodGDX.jar

Hmm

Q:Will we be able to play gdxblood in higher widescreen resolutions like 720p or 1080p?

A: Any window-application support any video resolution, of cource, my port isn't an exception. My port support all of video resolutions, but it still looks like 320x200, because its just scretched out.

Other than that it's really cool a Sourceport for the game finally happened, Can't wait to see what comes out of this, the guy isn't planning for a netcode improvement it seems,it looks like a renderer overhaul is planned too (Read the full FAQ).