Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Alien: Legacy (Official Map Demonstration)

Deimos Anomaly (Creator of the A:CM mod) has produced an amazing official map for the upcoming release of Alien:Legacy. We have combined it with the upcoming Alien Trilogy- gameplay conversion pk3 I am working on. Check it out!

Using projectile based firing for your pulse rifle rather than hitscan seems like a strange choice. Also, the amount of gore seems rather high, and is kind of distracting as a result. Everything else looks fantastic.

I'm curious about this Alien Trilogy thing. Is it a set of maps about the first three movies or a combination of Wads about the Alien series? 

Great-looking map! Much more appropriate for an Aliens TC than reworked vanilla maps.

However, I really wish you would bring back the official motion tracker sounds; the current one is nowhere near as memorable. Also, why does the HUD say "armour"? I thought the Colonial Marines were supposed to be American.

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

Using projectile based firing for your pulse rifle rather than hitscan seems like a strange choice. Also, the amount of gore seems rather high, and is kind of distracting as a result. Everything else looks fantastic.

If they were going for movie accuracy, then the amount of gore seems about right.

Avoiding alien attacks by running past them in narrow corridors is a little weird.

We're going to drop down the speed of the player to probably 25%-50%. I even was thinking of making a stamina function, so the player can run for a limited duration.

I think you should probably think in terms of making the enemies more dangerous than compromising the player. Being fast is a large part of making a game like doom fun.

I think slowing the player a little could work, but anything below 50% seems drastic because of what 40oz says. Same with a stamina bar, look at Blade of Agony and don't do it that way, heh. It runs out way too fast and becomes near-useless. Echoing what 40oz says again, can you make the alien "grab" the player if in melee distance? That would work better, imo. And you'd have to shoot it to yank yourself free maybe.

1 hour ago, dew said:

I think slowing the player a little could work, but anything below 50% seems drastic because of what 40oz says. Same with a stamina bar, look at Blade of Agony and don't do it that way, heh. It runs out way too fast and becomes near-useless. Echoing what 40oz says again, can you make the alien "grab" the player if in melee distance? That would work better, imo. And you'd have to shoot it to yank yourself free maybe.

Shoot it while you are in aliens' hold? You would kill yourself by letting its acid spray all over you.

When I release the gameplay conversion Pk3 of Aliens: Trilogy (UD) soon, I want to keep the speed of the player the same as it is for vanilla. The reason, is so it could be compatible with vanilla maps (i.e. accessing certain secrets). But for the official map, I will lower the player's speed.

Are those sprites taken from the Alien trilogy game on the PS?  I loved that game!  But I feel as though the aliens look out of place against the highly detailed levels.

Hadley's Hope like in Cameron's..

Looks like Alien Trilogy, sounds like first AvP to me.

On 4/17/2017 at 0:51 AM, Ajora said:

Using projectile based firing for your pulse rifle rather than hitscan seems like a strange choice.

In my opinion, projectile based bullets are good. More realistic than "obsolete" hitscans.