Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

What other non-fps game series do you like?

I'm a bit of a game junkie, So it's a long and kind of a funky list. Metal Gear has never done me wrong I guess, very very good series I've been playing since nes. I like good hard games like Ninja gaiden 1/2 and the Souls series. Used to be big into Halo when bungie ran the show, it's been screwy since they've left. Resident evil and castlevainia has been 50/50 for me, many games for these series are amazing and many are crap imo. Idk, I play a large variety games, perhaps I'm too open minded. I will say that one of my main rules of thumb is anything that comes from id is a day one buy for me though.

At this time:

Fallout (still hope for better game than F4)

The Elder Scrolls

GTA - it's my favorite series

Red Dead Redemption/Revolver

FarCry

Dead Space

...and I don't give a damn about anything else, because most of my favorite game series is already DEAD(for me):

Mass Effect

Bioshock

Deus Ex

Diablo

e t.c...

Edited by qdash

10 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

Silent Hill

Just Cause ,Half Life ,Metal Gear Solid ,GTA ,Resident Evil ,Marathon ,S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ,Serious sam ,The Elder Scrolls ,Hitman ,Ratchet and Clank ,Silent Hill ,Deus EX ,Bioshock ,Quake and Battlefield.  *These are in random order*

binding of Isaac

simcity

most paradox games

unreal tournament

grand theft auto

audiosurf

timesplitters

civilization

serious sam

littlebigplanet

zoo tycoon

rollercoaster tycoon

the sims

turok

monkey island

shivers

half-life

fallout

petz (old ones)

painkiller

that's all i can think of for now

Edited by roadworx

Bioshock, Crash Bandicoot, Momodora, Quake, Unreal, Worms. To mention a few.

I love how i said that you can not count any classic fps and you guys started counting quake and unreal tournament

Binding of Isaac with all expansions and remakes

Terraria
Starbound
Rogue Legacy
Minecraft
Devil daggers
Brutal Legend(I didn't finish it,but I'll do when I find some time)

23 minutes ago, SOSU said:

I love how i said that you can not count any classic fps and you guys started counting quake and unreal tournament

i'm bad at following directions

33 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Brutal Legend(I didn't finish it,but I'll do when I find some time)

A really special game right there. Seeing Ozzy, Lemmy and Halford in it made me really happy. I hope they make a sequel sometime in the future (highly doubt it).

*cracks knuckles*

Half-Life : obvs, first FPS, heck, first game I played. Tons of mods, I wanna make my own game with teh first source engine. Scary, yet exciting movie-like experience. The second game was great as well. Typing about it makes my breath short, ooohh the feels! I wish the sequel sticked to the concept art, or that there would be a off-shoot game that sticks to the concept art. Or a movie.

Fallout : oh my geez, this serie, starting from 2, pushed me into roleplaying games in general. wrpgs I mean, I still don't like jrpgs. Fun, nerve-wracking, tons of references, yet still fuels my imagination for stories I write.

GTA : favorite amongst my peers in my country. Sandbox, wide open, and most important, gangsters. Not really into the whole gangsta thing, I only played the game for all the chaotic fun one can enjoy with explosives, shooting and car chases. But I still know some guys who are wannabe gangsters who listen to hip-hop and dream about dealing dope.

Kirby : ofc, favorite game serie that isn't based on PC. From the first Kirby's Adventure, to Amazing Mirror. Kirby 64 is my favorite (cause of the combos). I have a entire folder filled with concept art about my fangame that gives Kirby guns, and gets trained by John Woo to pull stunts and shoot, somewhere... That is until I learned Nintendo isn't that generous like other game companies in regards to fangames.

Mount & Blade : Awww yisssss, I have downloaded like half of Moddb for this game, both the first game and Warband. This game (serie) is worth pumping in hours and hours of work. Funstrating as twelve hells, but still it feels great when you make a plan and stick to it. Mods often make the game even more fun, altough I wish there were more "modern warfare"-like mods, or at least more urban mods like Gangs of Glasgow.

Arcanum: A single game, yes, but I had spent a entire summer playing this once, done several playthroughs and would continue until I was forced to delete it ;( Magickal game, like Fallout, but with steampunk and magic. I even wrote stories in between game-sessions like the playable characters wrote diaries during their travels (I would change 50% of the stuff to make it more interesting) and made a OC gang out of them.

Garry's Mod: Also a single game, but I also drowned a nation-worth of hours into this game, and also downloaded THE ENTIRE MODDB page, plus the Gamebanana sites. The game itself occupied 100 gb in the end. It WAS worth it, however.

And... that is all...

Everything else that I play is either a mod of these up here, or some indie-stuff I find.

I tried almost every other AAA title, they just didn't stick with me, like Half-Life did. However I deal with Doom because of... well, like wine, it aged finely, has a nice community, and near infinite possibilities with regards to modding. Aswell as the lore (however small it is), the atmosphere and slaughter accompanied by thrash metal. Also I still need to learn how to make proper Half-Life maps. Anyone need a writer?

Thanks for tolerating my shit.

In my defense, Marathon is fairly obscure to the majority of classic FPS fandom -- in fact, I think it's more popular among developers than players, if the obvious influence it's had on games like Portal is any indication.

My favorites are

Deus Ex (Played through it last September after not liking human revolution, now one of my favorite games)

Dark souls (I also finished this game very recently, the bosses are amazing, besides pinwheel and bed of chaos)

Uncharted series (witty, charming IndIana Jones-esque adventure games)

Metal Gear Solid(1 and 3 specifically)

Paper Mario Games (I love these to death)

Undertale (not a big fan of the fanbase but a fine game regardless)

Garry's mod (468 hours on steam)

Elder Scrolls ( lover everything about them besides cliff racers and bugs)

i dont play much games but i like few:

Starcraft (this one is epic)

Age of empires 1 & 2 (but since age 2 gained ahd version i stoped playing this one)

pokemon mystery universe (online based in original pmd series)

puyo puyo vs (not so much)

Sonic heroes (and lot of other sonic series from genesis)

Pokemon (ever not having the main series games i love watching streams of it)

League of legends

that's all i think

Super Mario World 2 and the derivative Yoshi games

Wild Arms (jrpg with guns)

Lufia (played three games here)
Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were in a short-lived Chrono series

Suikoden (first game is my favorite)

I count Deus Ex as an RPG by the way

22 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Super Mario World 2 and the derivative Yoshi games

Wild Arms (jrpg with guns)

Lufia (played three games here)
Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were in a short-lived Chrono series

Suikoden (first game is my favorite)

My favorite Lufia game is the GBC one (forgot the name)which is your favorite?

clearly Lufia 2, it had fun puzzles and everything. Rather surprising you played Lufia 3 (The Legend Returns) and think that's your favorite. It's certainly better than the first game by a mile and it's random dungeons are fun, but I took a long time with it (also that 'frue destruction' line will be forever etched into my memory lol).

2 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

clearly Lufia 2, it had fun puzzles and everything. Rather surprising you played Lufia 3 (The Legend Returns) and think that's your favorite. It's certainly better than the first game by a mile and it's random dungeons are fun, but I took a long time with it (also that 'frue destruction' line will be forever etched into my memory lol).

Lufia 2 is kinda a turn based Zelda and the only reason why i like TLR more is because i played it more.I hope you did not play the Lufia 2 remake on DS

4 hours ago, SOSU said:

There's too many rules.

Outside of Doom, the series that I've absolutely fallen in love with over the last few years is SoulsBorne. As a pure expression of tangible gameplay in a highly physical and abstractly expressive world, it's up there with Doom.

I've finished every title, some of them multiple times (which is very unusual for me). They just ruined all other modern games for me!

Gotten into the Souls series, as I am interested in a career in game design/world building, and they do both quite well. (If you analyze the game mechanics you'll find the game is more forgiving than most people think)

Yeah, the Souls series is tough-but-fair, though in Demon's case it's partly due to the bosses having weak AI. (I had to exploit Flamelurker's pathing to defeat him.)

Besides a few FPS games I play these :

• The Witcher 3 Wildhunt
  • Grand Theft Auto V (online)
  • H1Z1 King of the Kill

Well, I think they are many: 

Fighting :

• Mortal kombat 
  • King of fighters/ SNK fighting games 
  • Street Fighter 
  • Bloody Roar 
  • 闘神伝 (Battle Arena Toshinden... my first fighting game)
  • Killer Instinct 

Adventure /action :

• Uncharted 
  • Pac-man (Pac-man world)
  • Super Mario 
  • Donkey Kong
  • Ape Escape (very good memories, I wanna cry now, lol)
  • Metal Gear 
  • Duke Nukem 
  • Zombies ate my neighbors (I remember a similar one called Ghoul Patrol)
  • Contra 
  • 源平討魔伝 (Genpei Tōma Den, a.k.a The Genji and the Heike clans... I love it)
  • Punch-out
  • Castlevania 
  • Prince of Persia 

FPS games :

• Medal of Honor 
  • Wolfenstein 3D 
  • Blood 
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Heretic 
  • Hexen 
  • Quake

I'm not mentioning everything here, they are too many games I like... damn! I love games.

5 hours ago, Ajora said:

Far too many to completely list off. My favourite series overall is the Castlevania series. 

It seems that i have found one of the cool members of the Doomworld forums

6 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

FPS games :

• Medal of Honor 
  • Wolfenstein 3D 
  • Blood 
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Heretic 
  • Hexen 
  • Quake

@Gerardo194 What are your mains in KOF 2002/98/XI/Garou/Samurai Showdown/RBFF2?

20 hours ago, SOSU said:

I think i said NO FPS GAMES.

Maybe you should change the thread title to "What non-FPS game series do you like?"