Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

This guy hates Doom for sure

39 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Honestly, I can't be bothered to put in the minimal amount of effort that would take for someone who wrote such a lame-brained article.. :P

I get the picture, but: It would have been quality content regardless :-)

I dont give a fuck about reviews, it's just opinions, i play/watch the game to construct my own.

Edited by Sallan

5 hours ago, 40oz said:

5. The author states that if you play Doom and are involved with the Doom community, you are to some degree, autistic, and celebrate your autism under the cloak of being a hipster.

excuse me while i go laugh my insides out of my body in repeated succession.

I like how the second review says that the game is has violent heavy metal playing the entire time, when really a lot of music in Doom is quite subdued and ominous.

3. The author describes Doom as being a game for two types of people: poor or ignorant. Doom is a game for people who didn't have the money to afford more than a few games a year, so Doom naturally clicked with a lot of people who wanted an endless interminable journey of exploration and repetitive killing. Doom is also a game for people who are ignorant to other genres of games that are more diverse and immerse the player into a story with clearly defined objectives, problems, goals, storyline, characters, etc. The author describes himself both as rich and worldly in the field of video games and art.

I own 400 games in my Steam library and I still play Doom.

Edited by NecrumWarrior

Spoiler

i'm currently being led to believe that the writer of this may actually be wrong in the head, so i'm sorry if this offends you - personally, i'm against making fun of those with mental disorders, but i think that this person deserves it.

so, this review abomination presents some of the most backwards, god-awful excuses for criticism that you're ever gonna find. now, i can respect peoples' opinions and beliefs. however, when you have really stupid reasons for those opinions/beliefs, i'm not going to give the same level of respect as someone with sound, fair reasons. usually, that's the extent of how i fell about things like that. however, the writer of this atrocity manages to go below that. he not only gave the absolute worst criticism i've ever seen, but he also made the decision to give 'facts'. by 'facts', i mean absolute bullshit. this just makes it even worse, because, for one, it drives off new players, and two, it just pisses everyone off. 

now, i want to point out some of his excuses for criticism, and just explain why they're total bullcrap.

1.) "this game is bad because it has a confusing, maze-like level design!"

for this first one, i actually have to agree. i found myself frequently getting lost in the twisting, winding levels of the game. but the reason that this is a terrible criticism of the game is because, for one, your lack of directional awareness doesn't mean that a game is bad, and two, there's a map. of course, that doesn't fit into his narrative, so he just completely excludes it. because he's partially braindead.

maybe he just doesn't know how to use a map, i don't know. but, usually, you can find your way around the levels of doom fairly easily using the map, with a few exception, but no. he describes it like he just went through a hedge-maze, like he had no way of knowing where to go. in fact, he says more than once that everything around him looks identical, which is the biggest pile of shit i've ever heard. it's not like, you know, there's a map available or anything. or landmarks. or a functioning memory.

actually, speaking of identical...

2.) "yuck! everything looks exactly the same, and the environments are FUCKING HORRIBLE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

it's official. this man has dementia.

so, first off is the dumbass remark about 'everything looking and being identical'. unless you're colorblind (or in his case, suffering from microcephaly) , that usually isn't the case. however, not only does he claim that everything LOOKS identical, he also hints at, despite what may be true, environments in a game being more important than the level design.

i don't even have to argue against this, most people aren't that retarded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm just gonna skip straight to the biggest flaw of his review.

whoever wrote this is a stuck-up, borderline narcissistic troglodyte that can't accept the fact that other people have differing opinions.

holy shit. seriously, i don't think i've ever come across someone as snobbish as this guy is. he seems to think that if he doesn't like a game, that means that it's inherently bad. nope, you can't disagree with his opinion, you're wrong. it is a FACT that this game is BAD. and if you don't think so, then you're blind. ALL PRAISE ALEX KIERKEGAARD, THE GOD OF VIDEO GAME REVIEWS! ALL HERETICS MUST BURN!!!

in reality, our friend alex here is the lowest excuse for a human being that you're going to find. he's the kind of person you'd find leading a cult, or even committing mass murder. he is such a self-centered prick that he can't even listen to anyone else's opinion on things, because he's too stuck-up to even realize that there's thing outside the world that don't revolve around him. if you want some solid proof of this...well, he calls his reviews 'essays'. he's a fucking narcissist.

it isn't even about doom. if you don't like doom, fine. whatever. that's your opinion, believe whatever you want. hell, i even agree with some of the criticism commonly directed towards the game. yes, it's maze-like. yes, it's primitive. yes, some parts of the game look dull. but this is about the fact that this guy can't acknowledge any opinion but his own.

when i said that he could be wrong in the head, i meant it. this person legitimately has something wrong with them, whether it be autism, narcissism, psychopathy, or whatever the hell you want to label him as. this guy is messed up in the head.

this isn't a review. this is the kind of shit the CIA uses to torture terrorists. this should be discussed at the geneva convention.

this isn't serious, please don't take it seriously!  i don't actually believe that he's a narcissist :p NEVERMIND

edit: i'm putting it in a spoiler cuz it's an eyesore.

Edited by roadworx

So, I've been confused by how I thought this site was good before. I get it now, it's a successor of insomnia.ac, now THAT site had some good review work by other authors, all free, no subscription shit. This new site is an abomination.

banned users can still read the forum, and renew their subscriptions without problems; they just can't post in it

Why should renew a subscription for a forum where I got a ban for 30$?

Frankly, I don't care about how "trollful" that guy is or how he lives off doing shit. Me thinks if you have to realize who he is and what he does for life "just" to understand that this article is "satirical" or "trolling", then he had failed. Satirical review would be something like this:

Doom's storyline and gameplay can be described as a really expansive and imaginary piece of design, judging by its continuously running art style and the endless charades of our favorite enemies: Dies-Quickly and his bigger cousin Die-You-Little-Green-Shit.

"Funny" (just putting this word in quotations makes me vomit) "troll" reviews shouldn't be:

Kys erry1 is retarted and autismical and hispter and everyone but me is a sad little jew since my piss alone costs 100 bucks per drop.

Does anyone actually find his *with a super disgusted face* "reviews" that funny? To me they are just miserable attempts at being funny and not even remotely "brilliant troll attemp" 'cause I don't feel angry or sad or "trolled", just disgusted. And I had actually read the whole thing. He is like a kid who's idea of trolling or pranking is eating a dead vermin in front of someone waiting for them to react appropriately and then goes around the entire week riding on the thrill that he "pranked" someone.

This guy is even MORE worse that me, ffs!

7 hours ago, dew said:

Whore.

Lets talk about that. You got a microphone?

9 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

I have a baaaaad feeling that that guy thought to himself one day:

"I am going to be famous on the internet, no matter what"

Well, he appears to be exactly of that kind - feeding on attention to himself, he's a typical ego-vampire. Additional "skills": rascal, fraud, lie, Nietzschean Ubermensch.

So, the best way to deal with it is:
a) Capture and put on a long term
b) IGNORE and FORGET

Because of authors nature ALL and EVERY of his BLA-BLA-BLA should be simply dismissed and disposed as garbage!

It's best to ignore this guy...I feel that the more we talk about him, the more people would like to know him better...then after that, they will believe every lie that he says to them.

If people get wiser and stay away from people like him, he will eventually wither away and be remembered as a piece of dirt in mankind's history.

1 hour ago, Wraith777 said:

https://lolcow.wiki/wiki/Icycalm
https://icycalmisacriminal.wordpress.com/

Well, my fellow untermenshen, IS there there anything to discuss??

well, would you look at that. he actually is a narcissist.

...i've got a bad feeling about this :/

13 minutes ago, dew said:

In the light of these revelations, I apologize for crudely venting my opinion on cheap attention grabbing and I now fully support 40oz's idea of getting this guy on his radio show.

it would be hilarious if we were able to get enough information out of him to lead to his arrest. 

3 minutes ago, Pavera said:

In two pages, the community has successfully dug into this man's past, learned of his status as a wire fraud criminal, and devised a plan to lure him into an on air confession in order to secure his arrest.

Lesson learned: never talk shit about Doom.

yeah, teamwork!!

32 minutes ago, Pavera said:

In two pages, the community has successfully dug into this man's past, learned of his status as a wire fraud criminal, and devised a plan to lure him into an on air confession in order to secure his arrest.

Lesson learned: never talk shit about Doom.

Something tells me if the plan fails it would be because either he saw this post or someone told him.

And some evil voice behind me tells me he had already won just cause we want him arrested :/

Anyone know the best weapon for dealing with superautistic hipster trolls? :D

4 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

Anyone know the best weapon for dealing with superautistic hipster trolls? :D

To stop posting?

6 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

To stop posting?

okay thx

NOTICE: This user's profile is deactivated and it cannot post or reply anymore.

8 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

To stop posting?

but that would be accepting defeat and it's not fun

It seems I got late to the party.

Just read the first essay, review or whatever you want to call it. I don't know what to think about it. The author starts his essay in a relatively simple manner (he played games with childhood friends e.t.c. , ok) and he tries to explain why he finds Doom boring, by comparing it to dungeon crawlers. I can't understand why he finds a game such as Doom boring, with its story, soundtrack, setting, weapons and demons, but I don't blame him either, as I really like exploring and getting lost in a level, while he might not enjoy that (preferences right here).

So far the review was going somewhat ok (you could still see he hates Dooms at this point) and then he decides, out of nowhere, to do a U-turn and state his opinion by using b***s**t as <<valid>> points (probably because he couldn't find anything more legit to write about). Like when he said people that play Doom are autistic (you sir are an a**hole and most likely have never talked with someone who plays Doom in your entire life) or poor (why should I accept someone's opinion when he thinks I am a peasant and takes a dump on my opinion anyways).

Finally he says he hasn't played any wads, clearly because he hates Doom and his hatred beats his curiosity (what a pity). Doom wads can be real fun, no matter their age and I am sure he would enjoy lots of wads with shorter, more straightforward maps.

To sum up, I don't care if he has knowledge of all the games ever released, after reading this. To say Doom wasn't revolutionary for its time or shouldn't be played even today is a statement more toxic than NUKAGE1. He reminds me of some kids that can't write enough words on their school essay (that is normal, I had that problem a few years ago) and they start talking about irrelevant things, getting quickly out of topic, instead of leaving the essay be itself, stay in topic and have a meaning.

Irrelevant question: Is this guy a Greek? He says he read many magazines starting with greek ones, but he isn't clear on that one.

And then there is the second review, which is very funny (the author must be addicted with erotic content). Nothing to say here.  :D

Forgive me if I didn't understand something on the first <<review>>, because I skipped many lines, while I was searching for some meaning inside the paragraphs.

I stopped reading this terribly written, monstrously self-indulgent article after he said he got lost in the later maps. Now, I was 10 years old when I first started playing Doom and I never had to resort to walkthroughs (not that I could, in the mid 90s) for either Doom or Doom 2, or PSX Final Doom or Doom 64 for that matter, in order to beat them. I managed to find most of the secrets on my own as well. If you get stuck in a classic Doom game, then you suck and shouldn't be playing old school FPS.

I only post this because how fitting it is and because even months later I still manage to get a huge laugh out of it. Even now its difficult to type.

Cynu-5rWIAAiKCW.jpg

*edit* Why doesn't this picture get old to me? Its instant belly laugh.

Edited by geo