Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhillMcHogan

How was your Easter?

I myself had a pretty good Easter Sunday. I went to church and the service was amazing, then me and my family went to a really great restaurant called Rustlers Roost. Rustlers Roost is a restaurant native to the town I live in and its a cowboy restaurant, very rustic and interesting, but the best part was the view. The restaurant is the size on an international jumbo jet (without the wings) and is set on the top part of a mountain which gives it an amazing view of the valley which you must see for yourself. Well that was my Easter, so how was yours? 

I didn't do anything since I don't celebrate it, so it was just a relaxing day for me.  Played some WoW, watched some cartoons, did some mapping, cooked some Japanese food... that's about it.

I played a bit of Killing Floor 2 with the Nailgun only. I probably should have done that in Quake 1 instead, but 9" nails are wasted on zombies.

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

My easter was great. Kinky and very romantic. I'll leave it at that.

I take it there was a Second Coming?

I dodged the question of "what have you been up to."

Since I have nothing to share, I just give joke answers. Got in a biker fight at a bar. Took up a new hobby... starting fires. Everyone else is getting married, newly married, pregnant, just had a baby or gone to the hospital that "what have you been up to" is a way to start what they've been up to.

It was fabulous. I played Doom 4 Doom on Good Morning Phobos all day, except when I took that three hour afternoon nap.

I slept a lot.The stomper above me wasn't home.The lady below me said my tv was too loud.My tv was off bc I was sleeping.But I got plenty of sleep, so that made it a wonderful day. :D

We had a BBQ with my family at my home and I was so full for the rest of the evening. Then, I played some Doom, watched Transformers Armada (love that cartoon) and listened to classic metal. Oh, and I studied, because I had tons of homework. Good times.

48 minutes ago, Averagewalrus23.9 said:

There is this Greek tradition my family does every year, we dye hard boiled eggs and then hit them together. (One person holds their egg still, the other slams their egg into the other's egg pointed part against pointed part, then the person who originally held their egg still now is the one slamming the egg, and vice versa, and lets say one side on each person's egg breaks, then both slam their eggs together unbroken side first. Who ever's egg breaks first loses, and the winner gets luck or fertility or some mumbo jumbo like that. I lost every time :P)

We do that too Averagewalrus23.9 in my family. I usually pick the smaller egg with the darkest red colour. Sometimes it turns out to be indestructible.

Mine was quite good, in my Country  during Easter, they give us a long weekend.  This year we had Thursday, Friday plus Saturday and Sunday, on top that i asked in my Job for Wednesday and Monday as extra days...   So i had like a little vacation, i went to Brazil with some Friends, had a good time. Coming back, inside my country i was stoped by state police...  That Police force is known for asking all the time for bribes. The cop told me that my rear lights were not working and that they had a two choices, pay the fine or they take my car and the next day i could take it back...  I told the Police that it was not possible, that my rear lights do work and that i didn't have any money for bribes and that i was going to show him that my ligths were OK....

I went to the rear, i told my friend to push the brake and the put the position lights..... The cop was right, they went out... worst is that i tested them before leaving Brazil....   The cop was looking at me like "See you moron, i wasn't trying to bribe you"....  So i had to pay the fine....

Watched season 1 and started season 2 of Fargo. Phenomenal show, the acting portrayals are absolutely incredible. I haven't seen some actors work this hard in a long time but they really pulled the story off. The new seasons starts sometime this month. Also got a little high, just to be on the safe side. 2 jobs are going great and I'm looking for a new place to live and maybe a better job. 2017 might not be awful for me after all.

I literally did nothing-had one sleepless night and watched Berserk anime adaptation(I can't wait for new manga chapters),had rage moments on unfair doom pallette and my own stuff. Overslept later that day and now I want return to normal daily routine. 

We ate and drank well. We have great parties for the holidays.

Here's just some of the food we ate. Smoked salmon, with olive oil, parmigiana cheese, red onions, and capers. Green peppers, olives, prosciutto, and fresh mozzarella.
DQZLFV3l.jpg

Edited by Kontra Kommando : spelling

My Easter was nice. Went to relatives for brunch and ate a mountain of eggs and then napped before we went to visit Grandma in the nursing home. She was lucid and chatty, which is always nice -- sometimes she's not all there anymore.

And then we went home and had shake n' bake chicken for dinner. It was delicious.

2 hours ago, Averagewalrus23.9 said:

I'll need to try that, I usually pick the egg that's closest to me. My dad and younger brother ended up getting the strongest eggs this year :P

Good luck on the next year then!  :)