Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Magophl

GZDoom Builder elevator

I need to make a elevator using gzdoom builder but i want a option like "Elevator lower stay raise"

Screenshot_6.png.e87e975600b438e815d768a6bc49eaa7.png

btw these options in the image moves the ceiling too and i don't want it.

I'm not at my PC, I think it's "floor" you're after. I'm not sure what mapping format you're in (UDMF?) but advanced ports don't differentiate between the old Lift commands and the Floor commands. There should be an option in there which is the equivalent of "lower floor to lowest floor, wait, the raise". 

Elevator is for an elevator, as in a room that moves up and down, hence the ceiling moves too.

I'll boot up my PC and have a look for you if someone else doesn't have a chance.

The standard Doom-like lift types are in the "Platform" section, not the "Elevator" section.

40 minutes ago, Bauul said:

I'm not at my PC, I think it's "floor" you're after. I'm not sure what mapping format you're in (UDMF?) but advanced ports don't differentiate between the old Lift commands and the Floor commands. There should be an option in there which is the equivalent of "lower floor to lowest floor, wait, the raise". 

Elevator is for an elevator, as in a room that moves up and down, hence the ceiling moves too.

I'll boot up my PC and have a look for you if someone else doesn't have a chance.

Yes i'm using UDMF and i search in Floor section and i found a lot of options, thanks.

17 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

The standard Doom-like lift types are in the "Platform" section, not the "Elevator" section.

Thank very much, now i can do a simple elevator.

Ok I was wrong - it's the "Platform" commands you're after, not Floor.  The basic lift command is action 62: Platform Lower Wait Raise.  And make sure the Activation key is set to "Repeatable action" and "When player presses use".

Edit: Hah, that'll teach me to leave the Reply box open for 20 minutes while I go hunting for the right command!