"UMAPINFO" discussion

Apologies for the double-post, but I managed to get a build of the current git repository made. See, for some reason my INI-format UMAPINFO lump stopped getting parsed by GLBoom+ (according to Task Manager it'd open, do nothing visible to the end user, and then silently close itself, but would stop doing that if I deleted the UMAPINFO lump - hell if I know) which gave me the impetus to get my compile of the curly-brace-format EXE working. Fortunately, I was able to figure out what was going on this time (two instances of "uint64_t" when VS2017 wanted "uint_64_t", and having to rename "pcre.lib" and "pcreposix.lib" to "pcre3.lib" and "pcreposix3.lib", respectively) and get a build compiled.

I guess that makes the first question moot for now, though answers for the other three questions in my previous post would still be appreciated.

But, while we're mostly hunky-dory there, there's still a problem - and since this is based on the current code, I figure @Graf Zahl might appreciate the bug report: for some reason, if a map entry's InterText gets too long, the program crashes on start-up with this error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Debug Error!

Program: D:\DOOM\prboom-plus-2.5.1.4um\prboom-plus (Curly Brace).exe

HEAP CORRUPTION DETECTED: after Normal block (#4301) at 0x00DC3C18.

CRT detected that the application wrote to memory after end of heap buffer.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

Abort/Retry/Ignore

Removing some lines from InterText lets it boot, but then the InterText obviously isn't as long as it needs to be. Seemingly, only line count matters, not line length; shortening the last line to an empty string still throws the error.

Example WAD here. Trimmed out all the other fluff from the mod I'm making to one UMAPINFO lump with a single map entry for MAP01; with my build, at least, it still consistently breaks in the above fashion, though the Normal block number and the pointer changes with each run (as you'd expect).

Edited by Shadow Hog

Posted (edited)