Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sloogie Doogie

GZDOOM Ver. 2.2.0 no sound for certain items.

I'm having an issue... I play DOOM (ver. 1.2)  through GZDOOM (Ver. 2.2.0 64 bit) and everything works perfect except when I pick up a soul sphere. No sound effect at all. I am very confused because It always had sound in the past. I tried Zandronum and same issue. I even tried newer builds of GZDOOM. It used to have the sound effect and now nothing and I checked the sound settings and all that. Any help is appreciated. Thanx.

I did discover that the sound effect is working with Ultimate DOOM but not versions 1.1 and 1.2. 

Edited by crampedmisfit1990

I'm not sure about this, but maybe in earlier versions that specific sound had another name in the IWAD and therefore GZDoom can't find it.

Version 2.4.0 is available if you haven't tried that already.

Ok, Guys... after much trial and error and research...  I've solved the problem myself. Since GZDOOM was created mainly for Ultimate Doom(all sound effects work fine when launching Ultimate Doom wad) I assume the Soul Sphere sound effect just couldn't be found when playing Doom version 1.2 (better imo than Ultimate Doom for many reasons) and so I created a wad file with only the Soul Sphere sound effect and added it in my GZDOOM launcher and presto! It's now working perfectly. Case closed.

Source ports tend to be made specifically to support IWADs of version 1.9, and may not work with IWADs of lower versions (especially lower than 1.666) at all.