Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

I need an artist

I'm porting the Hexen weapons into Doom, and I have a little problem with the Mage's Frozen Shards: I don't have sprites for the Doom monsters in their frozen state. GZDoom provides greyscale sprites for that, but still, it would be nice to have a proper sprite for each monster, and I'm useless as an artist.

Is there anyone that would like to help me with this? Credit will be given of course.

Paint.Net (not the one that comes with Windows) has an effect to change the overall color of an image: Adjustments > Hue / Saturation. You can use that to make them blue.

If that's not good enough for you, good luck on your search for an artist, man.

1 hour ago, Albertoni said:

Paint.Net (not the one that comes with Windows) has an effect to change the overall color of an image: Adjustments > Hue / Saturation. You can use that to make them blue.

If that's not good enough for you, good luck on your search for an artist, man.

Hm, that might help. Thanks for the idea. Anyways, this was kind of a desperate attempt.

You can colorize stuff right in SLADE. Doom's palette is lacking the blues for a nice frozen look, but since you're doing ZDoom stuff you can just use unpaletted PNGs presumably.

Untitled.png

Maybe i can do sprites more like hexen style, you know... not just colloring the original sprites in blue

6 hours ago, Eradrop said:

Maybe i can do sprites more like hexen style, you know... not just colloring the original sprites in blue

Really? That would be awesome!

Modifying the first pain frame of each enemy is enough. You could do all of the pain frames but that's up to you.

It has to be pain frames? Maybe it could be fun if they were frozen like they didn't even notice it:

impfrozen.png

3 minutes ago, Darch said:

It has to be pain frames? Maybe it could be fun if they were frozen like they didn't even notice it:

impfrozen.png

Hehe, we could do that as well. I said pain frames just because those are the ones Hexen uses.

Pretty cool sprite btw :)

Well, its your project, I can make one with the pain state if you want. This one was kind of rushed, just to show what my suggestion. 

31 minutes ago, Darch said:

Well, its your project, I can make one with the pain state if you want. This one was kind of rushed, just to show what my suggestion. 

I actually hadn't think about it until you posted the sprite. I like the idea that they didn't even realize what happened, so go ahead with those frames instead!

Ok so I polished that Imp a little bit:

Not gonna promise all monsters, but I'll try do make some more.

impfrozen2.png

43 minutes ago, Darch said:

Well, it's better than nothing.

1 hour ago, Darch said:

Ok so I polished that Imp a little bit:

impfrozen2.png

Before you do a bunch of monsters, it'd be nice if you completed his one. The best you can do with a single sprite is have it always front facing. If you do the other sprites from this state from the different angles it will give it a more 3D look so that it can be viewed from front, side and back. 

That frame looks damn good though.

Maybe you would like some of These

F Demon.png

F Demon1.png

F Imp.png

F Imp1.png

I more like the white sprites, but that's only my opinion

16 minutes ago, everennui said:

Before you do a bunch of monsters, it'd be nice if you completed his one. The best you can do with a single sprite is have it always front facing. If you do the other sprites from this state from the different angles it will give it a more 3D look so that it can be viewed from front, side and back. 

That frame looks damn good though.

I rather use only one frame for static things in Doom, rotation makes it feel like they are moving.  Not to mention the extra work in this case. But if someone else wants to do it, go ahead.

The sprite looks very cool, im just wondering if you put it as PNG or you convert the sprite to Doom palete?

It's png. Doom palette doesn't have that blue, it turned gray when converted. 

@Darch @Eradrop If the both of you are going to work on this, I suggest you to decide who's going to make each monster, otherwise we'll have two sprites and it's going to be wasted effort.

I dont mind to make sprites for your request, tell me which monster you need, and if you rather have sprites as png or doom palette.

Its sounds nice to share the work beteen me and darch

It's better to make them in PNG format so we don't have color limitations, and you guys can just pick whatever monster you want to make. As I said before, it would be a good idea to say which ones so no one does extra work.

The Demon has joined the family

Screenshot_Doom_20170419_171358.png

I'll stop with the screenshots. It's just that I'm really excited about this :)

Damn its looks very good, i will keep working on the imp and demon and the next monsters. Maybe even put in them more collors, since I know you aiming for PNG

This one didn't turn out as expected, but anyway here it is if you want to use:

mancfrozen.png

1 hour ago, Darch said:

This one didn't turn out as expected, but anyway here it is if you want to use:

mancfrozen.png

I'll keep it anyways, but feel free to polish it if you want. Alternatively, maybe @Eradrop could do it with their method?

Here is more Frozen Sprites for you

BaronOfHell, HellKnight and Mancubus

F Baron.png

F Knight.png

F Mancubus.png

Edited by Eradrop

Made an extra for you, after you freezing the Cacodemon in the middle of the air, it would fall down frozen and then CRUSH for pieces.

I hope you are good with Decorate, so you can use the Crush state.

A0.png

Now it's frozed, and from here there are the sprites when it's hit the floor...

A1.png

A2.png

A3.png

A4.png

A5.png

A6.png

A7.png

A8.png

A9.png

A10.png

A11.png

A12.png

A13.png

A14.png

A15.png

A16.png

A17.png

A18.png

I hope you will like it

Holy smokes! Great job.

Addendum: since you are doing true color, I think it would look awesome if the frame before totally frozen was a little more thawed; maybe without icicles. Purplish? 

Hopefully my suggestions aren't annoying/stifling. 

Edited by everennui