Find results in...
leodoom85

Favorite quote of all time

What about this one......
"IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND!!!!"

-Vegeta, Dragon Ball Z :D

The best quote of all time (for me that is) is easily:

"There are only 2 ways this can end and in both of them you die."

"never bring a knife to a gun fight"  Indiana Jones, (Temple of Doom?)

"Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated"  Mark Twain

How could I forget one of my favorite Zappa lyrics:

"They call it the Earth which is a dumb kinda name, but they named it right 'cause we behave the same"

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an 'Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order' sign, just 'Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience'."

-Mitch Hedberg

Some more quotes:
"You wanna play rough?...SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!"

-Tony Montana, Scarface

"But the Princess is in another castle..."

-Toad, Super Mario

"There are billions of people who believe in god. If at least one of them is right, then god exists."

28 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

"But the Princess is in another castle..."

-Toad, Super Mario

I always loved the way Braid messed with that line as you progressed through the levels.  I can't remember the exact quotes, but they went something like.

"I'm sorry, but the princess is in another castle"

"Uhh... the princess?  Princess who?  She must be in another castle."

"You must need another castle, there's no princess here.  I've never heard of her"

"There's no princess here.  Are you sure there even is a princess?"

Of course the wonderful reality is the only reason you believe there is a princess is because the game starts by saying "Go rescue the princess", which you blindly follow because the idea a cute little platformer is deliberately fucking with you doesn't even cross your mind. :)

1 minute ago, Bauul said:

I always loved the way Braid messed with that line as you progressed through the levels.  I can't remember the exact quotes, but they went something like.

"I'm sorry, but the princess is in another castle"

"Uhh... the princess?  Princess who?  She must be in another castle."

"You must need another castle, there's no princess here.  I've never heard of her"

"There's no princess here.  Are you sure there even is a princess?"

Of course the wonderful reality is the only reason you believe there is a princess is because the game starts by saying "Go rescue the princess", which you blindly follow because the idea a cute little platformer is deliberately fucking with you doesn't even cross your mind. :)

That quote is a trollish way to say "you must continue"... :D

There was a man who sat each day looking out through a narrow vertical opening where a single board had been removed from a tall wooden fence. Each day a wild donkey of the desert passed outside the fence and across the narrow opening—first the nose, then the head, the forelegs, the long brown back, the hind legs and lastly the tail. One day, the man leaped to his feet with the light of discovery in his eyes and he shouted for all who could hear him: "It is obvious! The nose causes the tail!

Frank Herbert

(ok it is not movie or a videogame but a book, is it ok anyway?)

There's a quote about Robert Prince that I liked, but I can't remember who it's from. Maybe John Romero said it. 

It was something like this: "Bobby created the Doom music and he's a lawyer so he knew how much music plagiarism he could get away with". 

"Death smiles at every man.  All a man can do is smile back."

Heard it on the intro to a Children of Bodom song (I think) but I assume they sampled it from some movie or another.  Never managed to figure out from where, though...

On 4/20/2017 at 0:18 PM, Tracer said:

"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure.  Men love in haste, but detest at leisure." - Lord Byron

The first time I heard it was when I was thirteen.  It was the introduction to an episode of a cartoon I liked.

That would have been The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.  Great toon.  I loved the episode where Billy gets accidentally sent to Valhalla.

“I just have this thing inside me that wants to eat and conquer. Maybe it’s egotistical, but I have it in me. I don’t want to be a tycoon. I just want to conquer people and their souls.”

“You can’t be disturbed by anything. There’s no emotion involved. You can’t feel sorrow, you can’t feel pity, there’s nothing you feel. The job has to be done.”

“Whatever you want, especially when you’re striving to be the best in the world at something, there’ll always be disappointments, and you can’t be emotionally tied to them, cos’ they’ll break your spirit.”

“Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth.”

-Mike Tyson

1 hour ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

That would have been The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.  Great toon.  I loved the episode where Billy gets accidentally sent to Valhalla.

Correct!

I don't know if this one is considered a quote...but...
"RIP AND TEAR"

-Doomguy

"An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked." -Proverbs 29:27, King James Bible

How can I forgot these two famous quotes?...

"THIS IS SPARTA" -King Leonidas, 300

"I am your father..." -Darth Vader, Star Wars

"I didn't say half the shit that people claim I did..." - Albert Einstein, 2015

"46.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot." - Me, just now

"Stick to your guns and you'll be fine." - My Dad, years and years ago

"From this moment on, it's going to be America first." - President Donald Trump

"The truth will always be covered in lies." - Ventana (a band)

"You must be feeling guilty, need to atone? I'll oblige, let my gavel ring justice off your thin tin skull..."

"... She doesn't love you, not like I loved those tubemen you murdered..."

"I'm very excited now, the anticipation ooohh... I always learn so much from a live dissection..."

- Tyl Regor, Warframe Uranus' boss.

If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

"Look to the why, and where we are
Look to yourselves, and the stars, and in the end
What choice is there left but to live?"

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT 

Outcast 

"If the system doesn't work, change the system."

"there is a good chance that you are a piece of shit, sweaty try-harding, fun hating, unlock abusing, dog kicking, baby punching, Bambi's mother killing, double parking, Game of Thrones spoiling, making plans and backing out at the last minute, lemon stealing, talking in the middle of Sienfeld, Mei maining, shit-posting, little bastard."

Edit: "Am I a bad person? Yes! But not because of that."

Edited by RobbingSnake