Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

What is your favorite track of the Doom/Doom 2 music?

Mine is Running From Evil. I just think it's kinda epic.

Of course this doesn't mean I don't like the rest of the soundtrack, I actually love every single track. Robert Prince is a really damn good composer, and I yet have to find another FPS with such a good soundtrack.

2 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Mine is Running From Evil. I just think it's kinda epic.

Of course this doesn't mean I don't like the rest of the soundtrack, I actually love every single track. Robert Prince is a really damn good composer, and I yet have to find another FPS with such a good soundtrack.

Duke Nukem 3d has good soundtrack too. Anyway,I love Demon's Dead because it sounds so evil and ironical. 

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I like "the healer stalks". It's also got a nice remix available at overclocked remix.

It's a cool theme, but I'm not a fan of the remix. It lost its essence IMO.

@Piper Maru I've never listened to the 3DO soundtrack before. It sounds awesome!

Death Bells

It suits perfectly in many TNT: Evilution maps, and the main reason I like the iwad.  

Only video where I found the original soundblaster tune (13:06-18:25)

I've always loved how evil this one sounds. The midi tritone effects sounds like something off the debut Black Sabbath album.

"Into Sandy's City." Bar none.

"Sign of Evil" would be a close second, and there are a goodly number of other tracks from both games all closely vying for "third", I guess. Wouldn't agree they're ALL golden, I must say, but on the whole the official soundtrack has aged pretty well, no small feat given how much of an identity crisis it evinces from track to track, especially in the original game (though of course being a melting pot of a bunch of different aesthetic strains and tropes is part of the core Doom magic, I suppose!).

A more interesting question, perhaps: of all of the stock tracks, which one do you lot feel is most underrated? I think I've said this elsewhere recently, but I've always been partial to "Adrian's Asleep", which is an intoxicatingly chill/soothing track which I often like to IDMUS to in long or puzzle-y maps where there is no track replacement (or where I get tired of the chosen replacement).

I like every song in Doom and Doom 2 so it is hard to pick a favorite.

Doom.wad = E3M1 Untitled, E1M1 AT Doom's Gate, E1M8 Sing of Evil, E1M9 Hiding the Secrets, E2M6, E2M8, E3M3

Doom2.wad = Dave T. Taylor Blues, The Demon's Dead, Into Sandy's City, Waiting for Romero to Play, Between Levels, Getting Too Tense, Opening to Evil and Text Screen

From Doom 1, I'd have to say Suspense (E1M5), Dark Halls (E1M3), and Deep Into the Code (E3M3).

My own remix/cover of E1M5 is here:

From Doom 2... Between Levels (map04) and The Dave D. Taylor Blues (map08).

But my absolute favorite out of all the Doom games is Sign of Evil (E1M8).  Here's my recording of it (not a remix):

For me it's Sinister, Into Sandy's City, Waiting for Romero to Play, and Spirit World.

Edited by Avoozl

E1M5's tune is warm, feels important and dodges the blues progression most Doom tunes lean on, that's my current fav

(a list of fifty games with soundtracks I find more effective than teh Doom:

Baldur's Gate

Castlevania IV and Harmony of Dissonance

The Chaos Engine

Command and Conquer 1 & 2 and Red Alert 1 & 2

Diablo 1 and 2

Ecco the Dolphin 1 & 2

Elder Scrolls vol 2: Daggerfall

Harlequin

Klonoa 1 and 2

Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, Tactics and Tactics Advance

Lands of Lore

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid: X Mission and Metroid Fusion

Planescape: Torment

Plok

Solstice

Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Knuckles and 3D Blast

Street Fighters 2, ex+alpha and Third Strike

Suikoden 1 and 2

Tekken 3

Toejam and Earl 2

Turrican 2

Ultima Underworld 1 and 2

Ultima 8: Pagan

Wiz 'n' Liz

Wolfenstein 3D :P

Wolverine/Spiderman: Arcade's Revenge

and Yoshi's Island)

d_e1m9

d_e2m7

d_e3m3

d_e1m4

d_e1m7

d_e2m4

d_e1m5

d_e1m2

d_romero

d_shawn

d_doom

too lazy to type the actual names, everyone knows them anyway

Probably sinister E2M6 - I just love the dark, eerie feeling of it. I like most of the IWad soundtracks but when making UDoom maps, the E2M6 slot is the only one where I have kept the stock soundtrack. 

• E1M3 - love it
  • DOOM II - did not like most of it. Some of it to a point where I need to turn it off while playing.
  • TNT - had some great tunes. - loved the midi on the old Team TNT website ; )

by far the best though   the PSX tunes

My most favorite tracks:

Doom - Hiding The Secrets (Sonic Clang)

Doom 2 - Shawn's Got A Shotgun:  (Andrew Hulshult)

Final Doom - More (JD Hererra)

Among the every great soundtracks from classic doom, this one gets the crown:

Runner-ups:

At Doom's Gate (E1M1)

Getting Too Tense (Doom 2 MAP28)

Legion of the Lost (TNT MAP31)

8 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I like "the healer stalks". It's also got a nice remix available at overclocked remix.

Speaking of OCRemix, I pick this one as the favorite doom remix soundtrack from my childhood. It uses 4 soundtracks; MAP23, MAP09, MAP01, and MAP07.

Not an easy choice for me. I would say my all time favourite is Hiding the Secrets. It is pure madness and pumps me up with energy every time. Seriously, I'll make it my ringtone one of these days. :)

Other favourites of mine are Hell Keep (I don't listen to Pantera, but it rocks), Victory music, which made Doom's ending one of the best endings in gaming history and Kitchen Ace. Also They're going to get you is from another world (I really like it) and At Doom's Gate is iconic (generally, it must have been two or three songs from Doom 1 I didn't enjoy). And I forgot to add Sign of Evil, which I like as much as They're going to get you (how did Bobby even come up with those??? They make a great atmosphere).

From Doom 2, I don't think I liked many tracks, to be honest. However my favourites are Into Santy's city, The Demon's dead (Black Sabbath are always nice) and Endgame.

Edited by ShotgunDemolition

I really like Endgame from Doom II and feel it is a very underappreciated track, which manages to be heroic, yet somber at the same time. It takes a while to really get going, which is a shame since most people will skip the text screens rather quickly. I love its inclusion in The Plutonia Experiment at the MAP21 spot.

Message For The Archvile (map20) is my favorite. The long gradual buildup through different segments makes it good for an exploratory journey map, and fits the open-ended nature of Gotcha! like a glove.

Doom: Sinister.

Doom 2: Into Sandy’s City.

TNT’s Evilution: Into the Beast’s Belly.

The Plutonia Experiment: Sweet Little Dead Bunny.