Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

What is your favorite track of the Doom/Doom 2 music?

It's interesting to see how a lot of people prefer the more atmospheric tracks like Sinister. If we talk about those, I think my favorite is Getting Too Tense. It made me feel uneasy as a kid (and ... it actually still does).

I very much like Doom. While Into Sandy's City is a very nice song, I think Doom ultimately worked better on "Sandy's City" (I presume Downtown since that's the only sandymap that fits the city bill), though Doom is now the song I associate with brown brick buildings heh. Message to the Archvile, Nobody Told Me About id, Doom 2's text screen music, and Sign of Evil also come to mind.

The Evilution stuff is really great too, my favorites right now are:

With Doom I, if had to pick my favorites they would be: 

And Doom's Gate and Intermission obviously. Also of episode 3's music is great even if there's only 3 tracks without counting Sweet Little Dead Bunny.

Man...in TNT, what about Legions of the Lost, used in map31 and the intermission? That one is my favorite in TNT

Just now, leodoom85 said:

Man...in TNT, what about Legions of the Lost, used in map31 and the intermission? That one is my favorite in TNT

Ah yes, forgot about that one, it's not really my favorite Intermission tune but it has a really nice reflection tone to it.

If I put the PSX Doom version of the Master Levels...this one is the best imo

For the first game, while i really like the whole soundtrack overall, im gonna go and say an odd choice, my favorite Doom 1 Track has to be this one....

I don't know why i like this track this much, it's rather odd, but it's perfect for the level it plays, hinting something big. It's so unusual compared to the other metal, and suspense tracks that it just stands out, not to mention that the fact that the cyberdemon it's my favorite monster.

The rest of the soundtrack it's great, but while i love e1m1, this one stands out for me.

As for doom 2, im not that fond of it's soundtrack, it has a different style, but there are 3 tracks that really stand out for me, if i had to pick one, maybe id chose this one...

Again, an odd choice, but i really dig it. I really love how it the track suddendly becomes kinda more twisted. It really fit's the game. Really wish it had more recognition since i think this track tends to be ignored a bit.
And for the other tracks that i really like from doom 2, Into Sandy's City it's pretty good it also stands out on it's own, and also Message For The Archvile

8 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

But my absolute favorite out of all the Doom games is Sign of Evil (E1M8).  Here's my recording of it (not a remix):

This is a great version of it, very cool!  It's definitely my favorite, along with E2M8.  Perhaps I just like boss themes?

I know the Title says "Doom/Doom 2 Music"... but we shouldn't forget about this masterpiece

The three songs that constantly change position for me.  At any given time, one of these will be my number one.

Sign of Evil

The Demon's Dead

Into Sandy's City

D_Romero and the old Freedoom one as well e1m2, e1m8, e2m8, e3m8 from FD:Phase1, along with D_in_cit from FD:Phase 2, also the Dark Side of Phobos remixes.

E1: M8 (Sign of Evil)

E2: M8 (Nobody Told Me About id)

E3: M3... This + M2 are the only new music added to E3, IIRC.

Doom 2: (Running from Evil)

1 minute ago, drygnfyre said:

E3: M3... This + M2 are the only new music added to E3, IIRC.

M8..................that one's added too in E3

2 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

M8..................that one's added too in E3

Right, forgot about that. And for good reason, it's really forgettable. Probably my least favorite music from Doom.