Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Eagle Speedmapping Session 2 - King Double!

EAGLE SPEEDMAPPING SESSION 2 - KING DOUBLE!

Will be held on the 6th May, 2017.

BASIC RULES:

- You'll have 2 hours to finish the map, however the borderline is 3 hours if your project is that ambitious

- The maps should be Boom compactible and playable in -complevel 9 in order to increase flexibility. You don't have to use Boom actions if you don't want to.

- You'll get the themes when the session starts to ensure fair play

- You'll need to incorporate at least one theme in your map

EXTRA FOR THIS SESSION:

• TWO SESSIONS! Drawing inspiration from ASS (duh), this session will be held in TWO SEPARATE SESSIONS! You are free to participate in both! But, there is a catch - the second session will have an additional theme you'll need to incorporate in order to make sure that you didn't work on your map inbetween the two sessions.
  • SIMPLER, FREER THEMES! Following the bad themes I announced last time, this session will feature simpler and freer themes which will give more freedom to the mapper.
  • Remember, this is on trial.

So, the first session will be held on 6:00 am UTC (New York is UTC-4 so take that as an example) and the second session will be held on 6:00 pm UTC!

for navigation - http://everytimezone.com

I hope you'll enjoy and come back for more next month!

It's hard for me to respect projects the founder doesnt contribute anything to; I hope you make a map this time.

@Fonze I am 99% sure that I will make a map this time - I don't really have much to do that day.

2 hours ago, Fonze said:

It's hard for me to respect projects the founder doesnt contribute anything to; I hope you make a map this time.

For the first one, DoomLover234 complied the WAD, created the text file, uploaded it, and organized/managed the project (along with adding some of his own MIDIs). I'd say that's more than enough contribution. :)

17 minutes ago, Surreily said:

For the first one, DoomLover234 complied the WAD, created the text file, uploaded it, and organized/managed the project (along with adding some of his own MIDIs). I'd say that's more than enough contribution. :)

I wouldn't, but to each their own.

41 minutes ago, Fonze said:

I wouldn't, but to each their own.

I mean, he did have every intention of participating all the way up to the last minute when something came up. It's not like he planned to not make a speed map.

1 hour ago, NecrumWarrior said:

I mean, he did have every intention of participating all the way up to the last minute when something came up. It's not like he planned to not make a speed map.

End results are equally important to intentions, but I'm only derailing at this point so this'll be my last post here, unless I wind up playtesting some of these upon completion. Good luck to you all!

You want me to get up at 7 AM on Saturday?? (I definitely can't make it for the 2nd session)

Hmm, maybe I could make you a terrible map, something to make the other folks feel a bit better. That's what Bzzrak does best! :]

Note that I said maybe, no guarantees. My desire for sleep might be stronger.

My goal last time was to have three mappers participate - that goal was doubled. I'm gonna keep my feet on the ground and say that my goal this session is to have five mappers participate. Anything more than that will make me really happy :) 

You'll like the themes guys, I've just made them up! For the first time they'll be generalized themes. 

Anyway I'll be able to participate in the latter session of the two

A few little questions about what can be done (the OP doesn't say much):

Are new textures allowed? Skies?

Effects which break in some ports, but not in PrBoom+, is that ok?

Trollmaps? Terrymaps?

DEH work?

ATM I wanna make a map that combines all of the above.

EDIT:

5 minutes ago, DoomLover234 said:

No

Damn. I'll have to make a conventional map dammit!

Edited by bzzrak

Not long! How many hours? Because I am tired and I can't convert to GMT this moment because reasons :P

....7am then. Yehno :P

I might try for 7pm though, at least I can take a peek at the themes at least before the new one is up!

Oh crumbs I think I'm gonna miss this. Sorry. :( First session I'll be at a concert, second session will be 2AM for me and yeah, not a good idea that I stay up that late.