Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slimz

Whats your favorite monster on Doom?

Just now, rdwpa said:

I think the archvile is a she, if it has a gender, at least based on the sounds. :)

WTF??????? My whole world is crumbling apart now. WHY YOU DID THIS TO ME RDWPA???? *goes to the roof, gazes with a blank face the horizon and falls to his death*

Just kidding. That would have been extreme in a <<kill the fly with a bazooka>> level. :D

I have only seen a similar gender related discussion about the Mancubus and the Spider Mastermind, but I think it is a bit pointless. No matter the gender, if an Arch-vile appears you have to grab your BFG (or rocket launcher) and follow closely the PRO-TIP: Shoot it until it dies. (that was a ridiculous tip and even a 5 year old could figure it out) 

1 minute ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

(that was a ridiculous tip and even a 5 year old could figure it out) 

Nowadays, it seems that a disturbing number of game bad guys and bosses are impervious to damage unless you hit some small weak spot on them, or wait for them to enter a vulnerable state. Y'know, like the Baphomet or most of the Half-Life bosses. I'd very much rather shoot it until it dies, but unfortunately that doesn't work on everything.

Summoner

QKmuhrm.jpg

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

WTF??????? My whole world is crumbling apart now. WHY YOU DID THIS TO ME RDWPA???? *goes to the roof, gazes with a blank face the horizon and falls to his death*

"One of the worst of a bad lot.

You can't think of enough rotten things to say about him.

He's fast, hard to kill, casts spells, and resurrects dead monsters!

At least these suckers are rare."

― Doom II Manual description

Buuut:

For his death sound, I recorded a young girl saying 'why,' pitch shifted it down and mixed it with other sounds. The Archvile just doesn't understand why anyone would want to kill him as he sees himself as only doing good for his fellow demon."

-Bobby Prince

Idk it is referenced by both of them with he and him and nothing else :P. Goku in Dragon ball has a female actress but doubt anyone would go tell him he is a girl.

Just now, Pegg said:

Idk it is referenced by both of them with he and him and nothing else :P.

Right. Who are we to question the authority of the Doom Manual, and of Bobby Prince? :-P

1 minute ago, 42PercentHealth said:

??

well, clearly no signs of being either male or female or both but neither. All we know the manual refers to as "he" because the manual is that kind of manual which calls everything "dude" and this is a manly game for manly men-emperors of mankind and its humanoid shape. But I like to call them "walking USB cables" because they are thin, tall, slender and you are going to have to twist around the room to get on with it (yay im funny).

4 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

well, clearly no signs of being either male or female or both but neither. All we know the manual refers to as "he" because the manual is that kind of manual which calls everything "dude" and this is a manly game for manly men-emperors of mankind and its humanoid shape. But I like to call them "walking USB cables" because they are thin, tall, slender and you are going to have to twist around the room to get on with it (yay im funny).

Gotcha. ;-)

Wrong. The Arch-Vile is actually a trans-octopus anthropomorphic furry(less) ape with gigantic balls affixed within a gaping inert vagina.

It is all.

I like the Mancubi, both from artistic and gameplay point of view. It looks really cool and make scary and alarming sounds, especially if it catch you off-guard. And it actually fun to fight because of its high pain chance and easy to place in maps. It got enough HP to cause troubles and can inflict a good damage to the player, even kill an unarmoured one if he cant dodge properly. All in all, one of the better monsters in Doom.

Reading some of the above replies, I think it's safe to say who's gonna be on my ignore list soon...

On topic, lost soul, easily my favorite. I've said it a number of times, but I love seeing them infight. Adding the pain elemental was a bold move for Doom II but all the same, it makes lost souls more fun to deal with.

2 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

"One of the worst of a bad lot.

You can't think of enough rotten things to say about him.

He's fast, hard to kill, casts spells, and resurrects dead monsters!

At least these suckers are rare."

Shit!! I died in vain. Bring the Arch-vile!!! I need a resurrect.

Also, the USB cable theory is something I hear for the first time in my entire life. Good job Battle Kirby!!! This must be the explanation we were searching for.  :D

Seriously though, how do you come up with these ideas? You should write a fantasy scifi book, including the USB gendered AV's. Guaranteed game of the year right here!!!

1 hour ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Reading some of the above replies, I think it's safe to say who's gonna be on my ignore list soon...

are those real tears

I would think that no demon is gender specific, they probably exist in both forms but don't have the same differences as humans. I don't see any dick hanging off that Hell Knight!

The Baron of Hell.

Why? It's just that I've always liked the "big and tough" kind of characters. Like the Fighter in Hexen.

Even the Ep 1 end text refers to them as "the big badasses".

I'm not going to pick, I'm gonna rate them instead. Still got to choose my favorite though lol. 

FH: kinda okay. 6/10

SG: they're fine. 6/10

Imp: I'd tap that ass tbh. 7/10

Caco: I'm just gonna imply that they're fluffy. 5/10

LS: I'd rather stay at Australia. 3/10

Pain elemental: same. 4/10

Pinky/spectre: I love to kill them. 8/10

Mancubus: EXTRA THICC: 6/10

Revenant: 2spoopy. 4/10

Arachnotron: kinda okay. 

Archville:NOPENOPENOPE but I wish it's a she. 10/10

cybie: I love to go matrix with this dude. 8/10

Spider Mastermind: I sometimes think that Hell got an agent in Australia and abducted these nope creatures. 3/10

Baron: Meh, they're okay I guess. 6/10

Knight: they're cool. 6/10

3 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

I would think that no demon is gender specific, they probably exist in both forms but don't have the same differences as humans. I don't see any dick hanging off that Hell Knight!

I think the Spider Mastermind was the only demon explicitly referred to as having a sex, female.

^ heh, I think we can all agree to that.

Anyway, my favorite monster? Archie, without a doubt.

10 hours ago, drygnfyre said:

I think the Spider Mastermind was the only demon explicitly referred to as having a sex, female.

The loathsome spiderdemon that
masterminded the invasion of the moon
bases and caused so much death has had
its ass kicked for all time.

the spider mastermind must have sent forth
its legions of hellspawn before your
final confrontation with that terrible
beast from hell.

I believe drygnfyre was referring to the Doom 2 manual.

"You guess the Arachnotrons had to come from somewhere. Hi, Mom. She doesn't have a plasma gun, so thank heaven for small favors. Instead, she has a super-chaingun. Crap."

My favorite vanilla monster would be the Archvile.

My favorite mod monster would be the Archon of Hell

Edited by Avoozl

Oh, if you're including mod monsters, than mine is the Hellion (AEoD version).

Mine is pretty obvious, i can pick a bone with it whenever i want, plus i can play punching with it and at range, it fires those delicious homing rockets that help me improve my dodging skills.

Honorable mention to Cacodemon, it's always grining, it looks happy, plus it has a funny death animation and sounds, also those blue fireballs it spits out are good to make tougher enemies infighting.