Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnnyTheWolf

Blood splatters for the Lost Soul?

I like how Freedoom has been addressing a small issue I had with vanilla Doom regarding the monsters' blood splatters; from what I have seen, the colour appears to be consistent with what seeps out of their corpse.

However, there is one visual inconsistency it seems to be reproducing, which the Lost Soul - or whatever its Freedoom counterpart is called - producing blood splatters when hit. Since it is a flaming skull, should it really have blood in the first place? Would it not make more sense to replace the blood splatters by bullet puffs?

Changing blood splatters into bullet puffs for a monster probably conflicts with the goal of pwad compatibility. I mean, if changing which sprite frames are lit is an issue, then blood splatters presumably is too. They're both cases of using dehacked to change things pwad makers might be taking for granted.

On a separate note, is the lost soul really a flaming skull in freedoom? That's kinda boring.

Then, how about making Freedoom' Lost Soul into a flesh and blood creature?

The project is already using Realm667's Slime Worm as its Pinky replacement, so they could replace the Lost Soul with another Realm667 monster, e.g. the Flesh Spawn.

Our demon is 11 years old, pretty sure Realm667 has our monster. Whoever made the lost soul on there would need to submit it. 

4 hours ago, Catoptromancy said:

Whoever made the lost soul on there would need to submit it. 

I don't think Fredrik has the time or interest these days.

@JohnnyTheWolf, raymoohawk mentioned once about using the Flesh Spawn, I'm not sure what happened though. From what I can tell, raymoohawk is going to use CWolf's flying-drone-head enemy and spice it up a bit to make it look less static.

Edited by Voros

On 26.04.2017 at 3:21 AM, JohnnyTheWolf said:

What/Who is CWolf?

On 26.04.2017 at 3:21 AM, JohnnyTheWolf said:

What

Well that's a bit uncomfortable... never expected to become non-living something, honestly.