Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crunchynut44

What PWADs invoke the most nostalgia for you?

Can't link right now but:

Cygnus 4

WOODLAN

Derelict

PINBALL.WAD

ESCHER.WAD

That dumb Bryan High School wad

Impossible: A New Reality for me, that was one of the first PWADs I remember playing. I remember a night where it was 12 AM and I was playing this obsessively, trying to find my way out of the maze near the end.

On 31.5.2017 at 7:03 AM, Chronohunter45 said:

No EARTH.wad? Really? So innovative for its time back in '94

It's about nostalgia, so it's related to your individual gaming history. Has nothing to do with innovation.

On 2017-6-10 at 4:38 PM, Csonicgo said:

ESCHER.WAD

I do remember a long time ago downloading a brilliant map based on Escher's work, with a lot of new graphic replacements and really doing the room with upwards stairs like in Escher, very well done, mostly an experiment rather than a finished level.

Now the problem is that I cannot find that. Searching in idgames ftp or maybe other places, I come across a deathmatch level escher.wad which is not the good one. Does anyone know which is the good one, from which author or where I can find it?

52 minutes ago, Optimus said:

I do remember a long time ago downloading a brilliant map based on Escher's work, with a lot of new graphic replacements and really doing the room with upwards stairs like in Escher, very well done, mostly an experiment rather than a finished level.

Now the problem is that I cannot find that. Searching in idgames ftp or maybe other places, I come across a deathmatch level escher.wad which is not the good one. Does anyone know which is the good one, from which author or where I can find it?

I think you are thinking of Nemesis by Justin Fischer

22 minutes ago, joepallai said:

I think you are thinking of Nemesis by Justin Fischer

Wow, exactly that one! It's not even called Escher. I even got a flashback that it's that just by reading the name of it. It still looks amazing!

I have the fondest recollection of Requiem and also Equinox. Those are the oldest WADs I've played that qualify for being nostalgic.