Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade102

Requesting urgent help

Hi all, I am using the Doom 2 Pwad to make what (I hope) will end up being a megawad. Nearly finished level 1. However, for level 2, I plan on building it as a sort of aquaduct sort of level. However, as you probably know, the Doom 2 pwad does not actually have a texture for a blue waterfall. I have tried  time and time again to move the one from TNT.wad in, but I just cant figure it out. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to do it? Or can I give you my wad and have someone put the texture in? I'm really in a bind here, would appreciate any help I can get.

http://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=wiki&wikipage=How-to-Import-Textures

Last third of the page, under the Textures header. Ctrl+F for texture2 to get there. Then after adding them, you need to make them animated somehow. Not sure if Dehacked can do that, but I'd recommend using this for maximum compatibility (all but Vanilla):

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/ANIMATED

Just go Archive > New > Animated in Slade.

9 hours ago, Albertoni said:

http://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=wiki&wikipage=How-to-Import-Textures

Last third of the page, under the Textures header. Ctrl+F for texture2 to get there. Then after adding them, you need to make them animated somehow. Not sure if Dehacked can do that, but I'd recommend using this for maximum compatibility (all but Vanilla):

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/ANIMATED

Just go Archive > New > Animated in Slade.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that, i'm completely new to doom mapping and importing textures is rather overwhelming for me. I was hoping there was an easy way to do it, but it looks like there isnt...If I cant figure it out or get someone to help its no big deal, Ill just use the green slime textures instead, that comes with a waterfall.

14 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that, i'm completely new to doom mapping and importing textures is rather overwhelming for me. I was hoping there was an easy way to do it, but it looks like there isnt...If I cant figure it out or get someone to help its no big deal, Ill just use the green slime textures instead, that comes with a waterfall.

Sadly, what I said is the easy way. You are mapping for an engine that's 20+ years old, some backward weirdness is going to be involved. Mapping for ZDoom is vaguely easier, but if you're not using anything else ZDoom provides, it's not worth to change everything to its format

Anyway, if you're not using the nukage fall textures at all, you can just rename your waterfall textures with the same name as SFALL# and use them. It's not the most elegant way, but it should work.

1) Open TNT.WAD, DOOM2.WAD, and your own WAD in SLADE.

2) In your own WAD, go up to the toolbar and click the paper icon with the E on it and type PP_START.

3) Repeat that and this time type PP_END. These two lumps are the markers for textures for vanilla and Boom formats.

4) Change to TNT.WAD and start typing "ty" into filter box in the bottom left and you will see TYWFALL1-4 appear.

5) Copy and paste these four graphics from TNT.WAD into your own wad between the PP_START/PP_END markers.

6) You can now close TNT.WAD.

7) Change to DOOM2.WAD and start typing "te" into the filter box and TEXTURE1 will appear.

8) Copy and paste TEXTURE1 from DOOM2.WAD into your own wad anywhere but inside the PP markers.

9) Go back to DOOM2.WAD and start typing "pn" into the filter box and PNAMES will appear.

10) Copy and paste PNAMES from DOOM2.WAD into your own wad anywhere but inside the PP markers.

11) You can now close DOOM2.WAD.

12) Double click PNAMES and you will now get a new tab along the top and two sub-tabs called TEXTURE1 and Patch Table (PNAMES).

13) While on the Patch Table (PNAMES) tab, click the "New Patch" button.

14) In the box that appears, type the lump name of the graphic exactly as it appears within the PP markers, this being "TYWFALL1."

15) Click OK.

16) Repeat step 14 three more times, each time changing the number at the end from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and finally 3 to 4.

17) Scroll down and you will see your four graphics of the water fall added to the patch table. This is the first part.

18) Change over to TEXTURE1 tab and click the second button from the left in the bottom left corner, hovering over it says "New from Patch."

19) A window will open showing all the patches available for use in creating composite textures.

20) Scroll down in this window and you will see your four water fall patches.

21) Click the first one that being "TYWFALL1" and press OK.

22) Change the texture name from "TYWFALL1" to just "WFALL1" and press OK. This is just for easy remembering.

23) Repeat step 22 three more times just like you did for step 16 earlier.

24) Congrats! All the water fall textures are added and are now available to editors for use in mapping, but we still need to animate them.

25) Click the "Save" button under the two tabs for TEXTURE1 and Patch Table (PNAMES).

26) Close the tab labeled "Texture Editor (yourwad (wad))".

27) Go to the toolbar along the very top of SLADE and go to Archive > New > ANIMATED.

28) Click the newly added ANIMATED lump and the controls will open on the right side of SLADE.

29) Somewhere in the list you should see "Texture WFALL1 WFALL4 8."

30) Open your editor of choice and the textures should now be usable in-game and also be animated.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Albertoni said:

Sadly, what I said is the easy way. You are mapping for an engine that's 20+ years old, some backward weirdness is going to be involved. Mapping for ZDoom is vaguely easier, but if you're not using anything else ZDoom provides, it's not worth to change everything to its format

Anyway, if you're not using the nukage fall textures at all, you can just rename your waterfall textures with the same name as SFALL# and use them. It's not the most elegant way, but it should work.

Oh, but I am mapping for zdoom. I use zdoom and gzdoom for my testing,  thats what i'm building it for. I'm sorry, I should have made that clearer!

29 minutes ago, Nevander said:

1) Open TNT.WAD, DOOM2.WAD, and your own WAD in SLADE.

2) In your own WAD, go up to the toolbar and click the paper icon with the E on it and type PP_START.

3) Repeat that and this time type PP_END. These two lumps are the markers for textures for vanilla and Boom formats.

4) Change to TNT.WAD and start typing "ty" into filter box in the bottom left and you will see TYWFALL1-4 appear.

5) Copy and paste these four graphics from TNT.WAD into your own wad between the PP_START/PP_END markers.

6) You can now close TNT.WAD.

7) Change to DOOM2.WAD and start typing "te" into the filter box and TEXTURE1 will appear.

8) Copy and paste TEXTURE1 from DOOM2.WAD into your own wad anywhere but inside the PP markers.

9) Go back to DOOM2.WAD and start typing "pn" into the filter box and PNAMES will appear.

10) Copy and paste PNAMES from DOOM2.WAD into your own wad anywhere but inside the PP markers.

11) You can now close DOOM2.WAD.

12) Double click PNAMES and you will now get a new tab along the top and two sub-tabs called TEXTURE1 and Patch Table (PNAMES).

13) While on the Patch Table (PNAMES) tab, click the "New Patch" button.

14) In the box that appears, type the lump name of the graphic exactly as it appears within the PP markers, this being "TYWFALL1."

15) Click OK.

16) Repeat step 14 three more times, each time changing the number at the end from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and finally 3 to 4.

17) Scroll down and you will see your four graphics of the water fall added to the patch table. This is the first part.

18) Change over to TEXTURE1 tab and click the second button from the left in the bottom left corner, hovering over it says "New from Patch."

19) A window will open showing all the patches available for use in creating composite textures.

20) Scroll down in this window and you will see your four water fall patches.

21) Click the first one that being "TYWFALL1" and press OK.

22) Change the texture name from "TYWFALL1" to just "WFALL1" and press OK. This is just for easy remembering.

23) Repeat step 22 three more times just like you did for step 16 earlier.

24) Congrats! All the water fall textures are added and are now available to editors for use in mapping, but we still need to animate them.

25) Click the "Save" button under the two tabs for TEXTURE1 and Patch Table (PNAMES).

26) Close the tab labeled "Texture Editor (yourwad (wad))".

27) Go to the toolbar along the very top of SLADE and go to Archive > New > ANIMATED.

28) Click the newly added ANIMATED lump and the controls will open on the right side of SLADE.

29) Somewhere in the list you should see "Texture WFALL1 WFALL4 8."

30) Open your editor of choice and the textures should now be usable in-game and also be animated.

Hope this helps.

Ill give this a shot, thank you so much. It seems a bit complicated, but ill figure it out =D After this, I just have to figure out how to change the sky textures!

Edit: Never mind, got them to work thanks to MysteriousHaruko!

Edited by Phade102