Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

What is the worst game you have ever played?

Just read the title.I really have no idea because i have played too many games to count.

Worst I've personally experienced is Ride to Hell: Retribution. Played it with a couple friends for a laugh. It's nothing compared to some of the shit Tarnsman has put himself through, though!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.................................

Blake Stone.

FUCK THIS BULLSHIT, IT FUCKING HATES WASD.

I have to say Undertale first. I know some people love it, but here is the deal. I always like to go pacifist on a game and be good to everybody (I always feel good this way), even if they are a set of pixels. In Undertale however, you have to beat the game two times, in order to get the full pacifist or whatever. Plus the community is really toxic at times (CSGO level toxic if you allowed me). And I don't want to hear ever again in my life that Undertale was an innovation in games that allowed pacifist runs (Deus Ex nailed that over a decade ago). Finally the soundtrack is ear piercing. It tries to be <<retro>> and guess what: IT IS NOT!!! (revelation right here)

Another game I would add is Kane and Lynch 2, which was bad in every way imaginable and for the love of God, don't ever think of downloading it (I got it on the Steam summer sale with all Eidos games for 30 euros).

And Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (Buy it I said, it is 5 dollars I said, and oh boy did I regret) couldn't even apply a headshot right.

Probably, I have played some other shit, but I can't remember anything else at the moment.

Edited by ShotgunDemolition

Rage comes to mind very quickly.  It upset me so much that I couldn't finish it.  Doom 2016 also comes to mind, but I was at least able to stand that one enough to beat it, so I wouldn't consider it one of the worst I've played, just close to it.

Going older, I remember being extremely disappointed in Chester Cheetah: Wild Wild Quest on the Genesis.  It didn't control very well and was way too hard.

XS was also a really crappy attempt at an FPS game.  The intro was pretty cool and I remember feeling quite hyped by it the first time I played it.  But once the first level started, I was immediately underwhelmed.  Way, way too hard to control, the graphics were laughable, and it ran like crap.

ET. Yes, I did have the misfortune of being able to play it once in the days shortly after it was released. The person who owned it also had other games there, like Yar's Revenge (made by the same guy oddly enough) and Warlords (fun 4 player game). He just bought this "totally awesome" game, though he didn't actually play it yet. Everyone knew of ET the movie, and so people were expecting the game to be good like the movie.

It wasn't.

We played it for about 5 minutes, then went back to playing Combat, never to touch it again. Although we thought it was just boring rather than rage-inducing (it probably would have been had we kept playing it for much longer).

The XCOM remake was unbelievably awful.  The combination of Aliens not doing anything until you "activated" them by seeing them and them getting a free move then meant that the only thing that mattered was DPS concentration, which made a "move-one-dude-per-turn" bounding-overwatch strategy provably optimal.  The result was a game where you SLOOOOOOWLY grind your way across the map and shoot dudes in pure die-roll RNG turn-based combat.  Utter garbage.

(Surprised by all of the DNF mentions.  That game is barely even below average, hardly a candidate for this thread.)

12 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

Doom 2016 also comes to mind, but I was at least able to stand that one enough to beat it, so I wouldn't consider it one of the worst I've played, just close to it.

Wait... so basically you'd say Doom 2016 is less than a 5/10? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think the worse game I've ever played at least from start to finish is either gauntlet the dark legacy or dirge of cerberus

I personally rate Doom 4 three stars out of five (so average), but I wouldn't blame anyone for rating it a bit below that.  It's overhyped to hell, and it's basically a Painkiller/Serious Sam clone without the intensity.  Endless lock-ins, but not enough enemy pressure to make it engaging (probably because the engine can only handle 12 enemies being active at a time).

3 hours ago, SOSU said:

Just read the title.I really have no idea because i have played too many games to count.

I remember when you were talking to me about the Lufia 2 remake for the DS (which I haven't played of course), and I mentioned the Final Fantasy remakes for the DS. Those two would be my picks, the FFIII and FFIV remakes for the DS did absolutely everything wrong with the original games when it came to gameplay. Now there's even more grinding and suffering than before.

Action 52 by a country mile. The rest of you are spoiled or something, the only other game that even comes close in this thread is ET. The rest I see mentioned here are average, not "I want to puke" levels of bad though.

Edit: Bootleg shit can be remarkably bad. Pokemon Gold for NES has impressively ear-rapey music. I'll also throw a mention to the majority of Doom and Street Fighter II ports from the early to mid 90s. Obviously the base game is great, but some of the ports just fuck everything up beyond belief to the point where they're unplayable.

6 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Action 52 by a country mile. The rest of you are spoiled or something, the only other game that even comes close in this thread is ET. The rest I see mentioned here are average, not "I want to puke" levels of bad though.

Edit: Bootleg shit can be remarkably bad. Pokemon Gold for NES has impressively ear-rapey music. I'll also throw a mention to the majority of Doom and Street Fighter II ports from the early to mid 90s. Obviously the base game is great, but some of the ports just fuck everything up beyond belief to the point where they're unplayable.

Have you forgotten about Cheetahmen 2?

I lump that in with Action 52 in my mind, but yes, that's another pukeworthy title!

10 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I lump that in with Action 52 in my mind, but yes, that's another pukeworthy title!

There is just too much shit to count really,there is shit like Big Rigs,Plumbers dont wear ties or....ugh....Bubsy 3D....(DO NOT FORGET THOSE TIGER ELECTRONICS GAMES,THAT SUPERMAN 64 OR ITS GAMECUBE COUNTERPART AQUAMAN:SOMETHING SOMETHING)

It's a tie between "Shadow War of Succession", "Virtuoso" and "Bubsy 3D".

All of em are fucked in their own way.

Rise of the Triad 2013, it has shitty optimization, horrible level design and annoying hitscan enemies. Fucking awful.

4 minutes ago, AnonimVio said:

Rise of the Triad 2013, it has shitty optimization, horrible level design and annoying hitscan enemies. Fucking awful.

Holy crap so true

Gets below 60 fps even on a gtx 970, thats a disgrace

The 2009 Wolfenstein developed by Raven Software was rather disappointing. Kinda lame, couldn't finish it. Same with RAGE. Not the worst games I've played, but the biggest letdowns when considering all the hype leading up to their eventual release.

32 minutes ago, AnonimVio said:

Fuck, how did I forget about that one? 

The worst part was that the quasi-realistic graphics and sheer speed of the game meant that running around made enemies blur into the background too easily. Christ what a chore to play, severely let down!