Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

What is the worst game you have ever played?

The first two games that come to my mind are Sometimes: Success Requires Sacrifice and Cavern Escape. Both are indie games that I got for free on giveaways. I need to learn to stay away from those things... Also there's Witchaven. I know some people like it, but I got annoyed of it before finishing the first level. And finally, Midnight Outlaw: Six Hours to Sun Up. It's the worst racing game I've played so far, and I couldn't even re-sell the damn thing without feeling bad about myself. I should just start a fire and throw it in there.

big rigs: over the road racing

although, that one can't even really be called a 'game', can it? :p

44 minutes ago, Aquanet said:

Also the Binding of Isaac

how so? BibleThump.png

i mean, i can understand if someone doesn't like it, but the WORST game ever? seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

Edited by roadworx

ARMA 2, I played 2 matches of that game and said  EFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!  Good thing my friend bought it for me because I would of died if I payed the full 60 bucks for that horse shit.

I got very disappointed with Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub Zero. The (one-hit kill) traps are very difficult to avoid and the controls are way too awful.

The "Toilet of Doom" scene is pretty hilarious, however.

2 hours ago, roadworx said:

how so? BibleThump.png

That was mostly a joke; I always feel like it's weirdly uninteresting and browser game like (still) for as hard as it seems to be trying.

25 minutes ago, Aquanet said:

That was mostly a joke; I always feel like it's weirdly uninteresting and browser game like (still) for as hard as it seems to be trying.

have you played the remake? it pretty much improves upon every single aspect of the game, and it really doesn't feel like a game on newgrounds or kongregate anymore.

Pit Fighter for the SNES, X-Men for the NES, and Street Fighter 1 for DOS all immediately spring to mind. Take your pick which is the worst. 

Mind you, there's a big difference between games with objectively bad gameplay, and games that I personally find unappealing. Case in point; Conker's Bad Fur Day. A game that I played through for the first time roughly two weeks ago. I can't remember the last time I ever felt so depressed and insulted while playing a video game in my entire life. Granted, the gameplay, challenge, controls, variety, and system defining graphics were all handled superbly by Rare, but I couldn't wait for the experience to be over.

Never have I ever wanted to get so far away from a game world and its characters than I did while playing Conker's Bad Fur Day. Everything was just so appallingly tasteless, lazy, crass and mean spirited. Not that I have anything against low brow humour (big fan of South Park and The Trailer Park Boys), but low brow humour requires creativity and intelligence in order to work properly. I am flabbergasted as to how anyone over the age of 14 could find this game funny.

Conker himself was an opportunistic, dishonest, two-faced, manipulative, smug, self-serving jerk. The only characters I found remotely likeable were the catfishes, and even then they weren't supposed to be likeable. Never in my life have I ever felt so embarrassed to play a video game. 

1 hour ago, NecroticBlossoms said:

I got very disappointed with Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub Zero. The (one-hit kill) traps are very difficult to avoid and the controls are way too awful.

The "Toilet of Doom" scene is pretty hilarious, however.

I actually kind of enjoyed the game. It's very flawed, but I don't think it's really all that bad.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.................................

Blake Stone.

FUCK THIS BULLSHIT, IT FUCKING HATES WASD.

If you're playing it in Dosbox, then you can just remap the controls via the Dosbox keymapper. Though I'd highly recommend playing it with the Bstone source port.  

Edited by Ajora

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

Conker himself was an opportunistic, dishonest, two-faced, manipulative, smug, self-serving jerk. The only characters I found remotely likeable were the catfishes, and even then they weren't supposed to be likeable.

Someone keep this one away from Grand Theft Auto!

The gaming industry seems to be going to shit but the worst I've played would either have to be any cod game, no mans sky, or the "new" dungeon lords

simply because the last 2 are unfinished shit with a big price tag on them

It's a hard question for me to answer I suppose, there are soo many games not even worth merely existing it's unreal. So I guess the worse game for me would be the one pf the ones that disappointed me the worse, I guess I would have to say gears of war judgment, I was livid after the first ten minutes. Blood Rayne 2 was pretty bad.

Say what you will about Big Rigs: at least you can take a decent-looking screenshot of it for the box. Not with Nerves of Steel, a game so terrible I remade it in Doom out of spite. I wrote an article about how bad it is for HG101 but it hasn't been posted yet.

So I guess that's my worst ever.

7 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Action 52 by a country mile. The rest of you are spoiled or something, the only other game that even comes close in this thread is ET. The rest I see mentioned here are average, not "I want to puke" levels of bad though.

That's how these threads always go.

"Hey guys and dolls, what's the worst game you ever played in your life? I mean the WORST GAME that you, personally, EVER played?"

"Skyrim was somewhat disappointing."

"This one game that's pretty decently designed but super overhyped."
"Lemme list every bad game on every listicle in the past five years lololol!"

Possibly this borefest on the A500. If DNF or ROTT'13 is the worst game you have played, you are born in the late 90's.

edit: Oh wow, Nerves Of Steel looks like a clinical depression-inducer :o

Edited by Uncle 80

Worst?

* cracks knuckles *

Time Ramesside is the first person shooter that would literally be an entirely new game with each update. Its the only game to make the Unreal 4 engine to look terrible. In fact its become a Panzer Games hallmark. Its a terrible game full of pitch black spots, terrible HUDs, control settings that do nothing, models stuck in default T poses, everything is a store bought asset. The game took 5 years to release, had a bit of drama about "I paid for the assets and the dev never paid me back" drama. It runs slow especially for how terrible it looks. For every flaw or bug found with the game, the dev didn't fix them he just remade the entire game over and over again. Its dull, enemies rise out of the ground like they're on lifts rather than crawling out. Enemies can spawn directly on top of you where you're inside them.

Catacomb Explorers takes free art assets and makes a game, but that's not the bad part. You get stuck in the floor, jumping is sluggish, there are plenty of blind jumps, you don't actually have to touch spikes to die. Your elbow gets hung up on edges of platforms. Its one of those first time platformers that should never ask for money. Having one achievement establishes why the game is on Steam.

What's that you want games people have heard of?

E.T. is probably not the worst in my opinion, but hey it and the Atari port of Pac Man destroyed Atari. Destroying an entire industry in the US has to make it "the worst" even if its not. Some can argue it was Atari's business management that had them sign a no win contract or three bugs made the game unbeatable, but its still tagged with killing more than the company.

I could be edgy and mention something popular Like Undertale or Call of Duty (I love both), but man NES Ghostbusters was the worst game I've played. 

Tony Hawk pro skater HD which was billed as a refresh of the first two games on the unreal3 engine, As a huge fan of THPS2 I was looking forward to a few graphical tweaks and snappy frame rate.  Unfortunately the game wouldn't recognize either of my game controllers including a wired xbox360 controller. The soundtrack and level count had been gutted. It's a really lazy effort considering the material they had to work with.

Tie between Bubsy 3D and Toby: The Secret Mine. Below I have my own reviews of both games, in case anyone is curious as to why I strongly dislike each game.

All those Angry Birds games (except for the original) are just pathetic. They keep milking the franchise, similar to CoD. They're not bad, but it just doesn't feel fun to play.

Conker's Bad Fur Day was full of random stuff, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Looking back at it now, I remember how frustrated I was because the stone gargoyle on the bridge wouldn't move no matter how many times I hit it with the frying pan. CBFD had potential, but sheesh it's like the cartoon shows like Adventure Time, Clarence, Regular Show: full of weird random crap. Wasted potential.

Conker's Bad Fur Day has GOD AWFUL gameplay. What few moments of satisfaction and cleverness lie within are overshadowed by confusing, frustrating, tedious bullshit. There was all this love that went into the story, voice acting, music, art direction, animation, etc., and then the actual meat of the thing ends up being really subpar. 

And yeah, to ride on someone else's comment, it's...pretty dumb. Like the humor was cute when I was a kid, it's just cringe-inducing now.

I'll start with DNF, not because of the usual - dated visuals, unfunny humour, super linear levels - but because of the ludicrous game design. Weapon limit and very low ammo counts. Near useless items. Horible implementation of health system. Way too much QTE. It's bad, so bad that for me it ended an era in perception of games. People feel disappointed with various games, big and small, and all I can say is "at least you weren't waiting for DNF".

There are a lot super bad Commodore 64/ ZX Spectrum/Amstrad CPC games, and listing them all here would be pointless because they are way too obscure for anyone to care. But google Sqij for ZX Spectrum, it's on a next level of awfulness. 

To finish this post somehow, I reccomend checking out a little game called K-Zar-X. It's... something.

I would probably say Action 52 or ET, but saying that would be like saying that the sky is blue (aka generally acceptable answer), but I am going to shoot for the original content. Worst game i ever played? Shit I played a lot of titles, mostly indie titles, so the next opinion of mine would probably be stupid-looking and shot down in a instant, but ces't la vie.

** WARNING - ANGERY RANT AHEAD - QUOTE AT YOUR OWN COST ** (because I like to write alot)

Spoiler

Well to be honest, I hated every fucking console game ever (besides Kirby ooooh boyyyy) before Wolfenstein 3D (and afterwards, fuck, I only liked Famicon Wars, Battletoads, and almost every Kirby game). In regards to PC gaming itself, I also get a hate-boner just thinking about several titles. One of them being Witcher (I could never get into that stuff even when I like Slavic mythology and general fantasy games) and similar slow paced third person rpgs set in some supeer high fantasy where apparently god(s) had forbbiden humans from making some fucking cannons and eliminating all those fucking ogres or lizard men or super elves or super dark elves or whatever bumps into the night. I mean how fucking HARD it can be to make a musket machine gun ffs dwarves had figured that shit out long ago.

Only exception is The Elder Scroll series, because of the story and the atmosphere. There weren't any colossal daemons having a picnic outside the starting towns (which in every other fantasy rpg would be the safest place in the game), nor any rush (but in first two games, timing is important, never miss a date), and the lore was super-friendly and interesting. No shit like: "We ate chocolate and drank mead till the giants arrived. Then the entire world was utterly fucked because we didn't know shit" or "This world was cursed and was shitty from the beginning. We cannot kill ourselves because our gods forbid to. Now if you excuse me, I will continue crying in that corner over there, without cannibal spiders". Simple. Men evolved, fucked some Mer up, a occasional total war, some politicking, but other than that I would really love to live in Tamriel. Yeah, shit happened, just like on Mother Earth, but humans in TES aren't pansie wansies getting their asses handled to them after some super-intense gaping everytime they tried to touch something supernatural or engaged in some eternal spiritual BDSM session which only one side receives pleasure (not us of course!).

This also refers to Legend of Zelda which some people still consider a RPG (even when its more of a action adventure game). Especially when some nostalgia-infected guys start talking about how 'open' were the games. Like ffs what? To me LoZ is more linear than all the planks invested into my linoleum floor. I never liked them when they got out and I regretted replaying them.

I dont have this kinda of a clutch with sci-fi rpgs so I will skip all over to open-world sandbox shooters or action games.

Fuck GTA. Fuck Just Cause. Fuck Saint's Row. Fuck Far Cry. Fuck almost every other game with this aspect.

Why? Because for all of their open-worldnesses, one STILL cannot fly or swim away from the boundaries of the island they are on. Understandable, the modern systems cannot render a entire planet,  but still, every time I get close to 100%... fuck, every time I finish the main story, I and some other people get this stupid depressive feeling related to existence in these games. Because once the protagonist finishes his quest and is left to do whatever the fuck they want, what they can really do about it if the game writers didn't decide their choices before-hand? Fucking nothing new. Everything becomes repetitive, nothing can become new, everything gets so dark, boring, and goddamn depressing to do. No matter how much "activities" the game designers put in, how many secrets or unlockables and whatever, it is going to get boring soon. Maybe I am not a completionist or something, or I just don't have the "spirit" for these games, but the main thing is I WILL enjoy these games... till their main stories end... Playing after that only makes my middle fingers hurt from extending them so much on trying to insult some people who cannot even know I played their games.

Only exception is Mount & Blade. Well since its more of a open-world strategy action game than anything, but still, it is just so satisfying to play and finish these sessions. Why? Because once you win the game, that is it. You had won. There may be nothing else to do, but is easy to imagine the player character settling down in his court, starting a family, and a lineage that may last a long time. It is probably because the player makes his own story during each and every playthrough. That doesn't make story-based mods any less enjoyable, tho. Whatever, its magical.

** ATTENTION! RANT TIME CONCLUDED **

Well if I am going to answer what was the WORST game I played, not which one I HATED the most, uhm... let me see...

*browses through Steam*

Thise!

*points at the entire FTP game list*

besides some of course. There are really some gems in the Steam's free game list. But any other rip-off game is just disgusting. Especially if its another one of those games with anime characters all over them but had copied their gameplay from Bejewel or something. I don't really have the "WORST game I had played" title (besides trying to say Action 52 or Big Rigs or whatever is the most popular "shit" game these days), since a lot of them either pissed me off, or just weren't playable, or not interesting, I mean, I had tried a LOT of shitty android games as well, and I don't have a single answer to easily use.

So I will make up my own "worst game I had ever played" title, and use that as my answer!

*breath in*

TURBO ROCKET SPORTSMANSHIP FUNNY TURTLE CAT JUMPING GAME FREE MODERN COMBAT 4 CALL OF BATTLEDOOM OF THE WALKING DEAD WAKING UP THE ROOM 444444 HELLKEMON FREE MULTIPLAYER AGE OF THRONE WAR BREAKING BED DRESS UP NICHOLAS CAGE AS NICHOLAS CAGE AVATAR WALLPAPER SEXY STRIPPER SOLITAIRE POKER SLOT MACHINE FUNNY OLD MAN SOUNDBOARD MACHINE OF WAR OF DUTY OF KILL OF HONOR OF SEX

*breathe out*

Thanks for tolerating my shit.

Edited by Battle_Kirby : save earth, save space

This piece of shit.

I used to play a lot on my nes, snes, and arcade emulators when I was little. And I've played quite a few shitty games on there, but I think this one takes the cake.

By worst, in terms of game design. I'd say Terminator 2 for snes was a very tough game to figure out. Which I think is a big tenet of what makes a good  It gives you no indication on how to functionally proceed in your objectives. I remember as a kid, trying to figure out what to do was impossible. Nevertheless, I do like the cheesy explosions, and the action is cool, and interesting. Nevertheless, unless you use a guide, you'll have a hard time figuring out what to do. This game had potential to be pretty awesome. But it's one of those frustrating games you have to really get the hang of playing.