Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

What is the worst game you have ever played?

On 5/4/2017 at 4:50 PM, Shanoa said:

Probably Mighty Max on SNES. It's not unplayable but it's still a rather shitty game, not the worst one but honestly i can't remember a game i'd consider "the worst".

I only had this game because i used to own a bunch of mighty max toys set, after playing the game i went back to play with said sets instead.

Mighty Max's mullet, oversized T-shirt, and misaligned cap are the most 1992 thing I've ever seen.

The expression on Max's face leads me to believe that he's planning on hiding a dead rat in his sister's dresser. 

6 hours ago, Shanoa said:

Holy shit, i would've killed to own that collection you have.  Heck i only own 4 of these from the images but i remember seeing the huge one in the middle, in a commercial and wanting it. I had the miniature dracula head, the serpent tomb one with the giant serpent head, the frankenstein lab and the...whatever that green thing is between the lab and the mummy's tomb.

As a bonus i had mighty max set but based off TMNT the 2nd and 3rd one i would just mix all those up (and mainly using the tmnt mini-figures) and play.

AAAAH I loved those tmnt ones. I had a bunch of those too, but I dunno what happened to 'em.

I don't wanna derail the thread, but here's my articles about the toy line and it's most blatant knockoff if that sorta thing interests you, complete with tons o' photos and details. If you got photos of your collections I'd love to see 'em -- PM them to me!

Another game I thought was terrible was Turok 2, though I'm not sure how many people agree with me on that. On the surface it's cool,  but it's plagued with problems that made it unplayable to me: it's too damn long, gives you too many objectives, Josh Fireseed's movement makes it feel like he's perpetually knee-deep in molasses (Tal'set didn't have this problem), hitting something that wasn't an enemy's limb was almost impossible because of the damn limb-shooting mechanic (not present in Turok 1, and wouldn't you know it, enemies dropped when you shot em!), and almost all the weapons were weird cause-and-effect guns, with very few straightforward weapons. The end result was a nightmare of tedium that should've been superior to the original in every way.

I did discover something fun to do with Turok 2 though: you can use the level skip cheats in multiplayer to duke it out in the initial areas of the regular campaign. Also shooting arrows up peoples' buttholes was endlessly funny to a 13 year old.

Game's still misery-inducing to me though.

Edited by Impie

2 hours ago, Woolie Wool said:

Mighty Max's mullet, oversized T-shirt, and misaligned cap are the most 1992 thing I've ever seen.

No kidding and let's not even talk about that guy on the far right!

1 hour ago, Impie said:

AAAAH I loved those tmnt ones. I had a bunch of those too, but I dunno what happened to 'em.

I don't wanna derail the thread, but here's my articles about the toy line and it's most blatant knockoff if that sorta thing interests you, complete with tons o' photos and details. If you got photos of your collections I'd love to see 'em -- PM them to me!

Thank you for the link, i'll take a look at this and get back to you via PM indeed!

3 hours ago, Impie said:

Another game I thought was terrible was Turok 2, though I'm not sure how many people agree with me on that. On the surface it's cool,  but it's plagued with problems that made it unplayable to me: it's too damn long, gives you too many objectives, Josh Fireseed's movement makes it feel like he's perpetually knee-deep in molasses (Tal'set didn't have this problem), hitting something that wasn't an enemy's limb was almost impossible because of the damn limb-shooting mechanic (not present in Turok 1, and wouldn't you know it, enemies dropped when you shot em!), and almost all the weapons were weird cause-and-effect guns, with very few straightforward weapons. The end result was a nightmare of tedium that should've been superior to the original in every way.

I did discover something fun to do with Turok 2 though: you can use the level skip cheats in multiplayer to duke it out in the initial areas of the regular campaign. Also shooting arrows up peoples' buttholes was endlessly funny to a 13 year old.

Game's still misery-inducing to me though.

I like the first Turok more than the second, but that's probably because I've beaten it like 10 times and I've yet to actually complete Turok 2 (that will change with Night Dives' re-release) and IMHO Turok 1's a more focused game than the second one is, even if it is more repetitive (half the game's levels consist of jungles and ancient temples). Levels 4 and 5 are incredibly awful in Turok 2, literally overly elaborate mazes that go on forever even if a cave and an alien hive are meant to emphasize confusion they don't make for great gameplay whatsoever.

They did improve the garbage movement speed in the re-release though which was one of my major complaints also. I think Turok 2's major advantages over the first is the wider variety of enemies, more gore and some of the new weapons are pretty cool.

16 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Turok 1's a more focused game than the second one is, even if it is more repetitive

That's a pretty good assessment.

Did anyone ever play this? And is it as good as it looks?

Edited by Impie

On the subject of Rare's platformers on the N64, I do think the first Banjo-Kazooie still holds up relatively well even with some of the issues it has with the controls and camera (though I'd argue the camera is at least a step up from Mario 64's, as you can hold the camera still behind you by pressing R). Tooie on the other hand, is way too massive for it's own good. The writing and humor is better but the Jiggies have multiple steps to earn them and require a lot of backtracking which can be very tedious. Not a bad game, but really hasn't held up well compared to the first one which had more constricted level design, was much easier to navigate, and also had a lot more replayability due to all of the different ways you could approach the Jiggies in a level.

I haven't really played Conker's Bad Fur Day, but going off from what people have said about it in this topic, I don't think I'm missing much. That being said, if there is one of those games that deserved to be mentioned in this topic, it's definitely fucking Donkey Kong 64. Good lord, I can't believe I managed to enjoy that monstrosity as a child.

Mortal Kombat Advance is probably the worst game I've ever played. A horrible port of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for the Game Boy Advance with so many glitches and a A.I. that switches between braindead or super psychic between battles, even on very easy.

Honestly I think the Gameboy Classic/Pocket version of Mortal Kombat is even worse.

I just remembered Final Fantasy Explorers exists, I used to say Nanodiver was the worst monster hunting game available, but FFEX is so bad I feel bad for anyone involved in its development, whoever designed the gameplay of the game should consider never working with games again.

Recently I bought Borderlands. From an objective standpoint, it's not the worst game ever made, far from it, but it is definitely the game that has given me the least amount of fun I've played in a long time.

11 hours ago, Patch93 said:

I haven't really played Conker's Bad Fur Day, but going off from what people have said about it in this topic, I don't think I'm missing much.

There were a couple of multiplayer games that were interesting, like the one where one or two players are dinosaurs and the rest are cavemen trying to steal and eat their eggs. The dinosaurs were OP monsters but the cavemen were quicker and got different weapons.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:04 AM, Doomkid said:

I think a lot of people were holding it 'wrong' for various games as well. For most platformers you hold it in the right position, but for FPS shit like Doom64 or Goldeneye, it's best to hold it in the left position:

Nintendo-64-controller.jpg

Using it this way basically feels like a less refined 360 controller. You use Z to shoot, L to interact/use, and the D-Pad acts as your WSDA while the Joystick acts as your mouse, essentially. The other buttons are reserved for inventory/map/whatever else since they're harder to reach.

So... how do you cycle weapons or reload with that configuration? I really can't see how it would be easier in GoldenEye. The C buttons are for strafe and look, joystick for movement. A to cycle weapons forward or 'use' if in front of a door or switch, B would reload. Are you really moving your thumb away from the stick to open doors, change weapons, or reload? Seems like it would be more awkward than simply moving your finger from a c button to or b. And don't tell me I played GoldenEye wrong, I beat Nintendo Power's best time on all of their challenges, including The Facility on 00 Agent, 1:41 seconds biatch!

2 hours ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

Recently I bought Borderlands. From an objective standpoint, it's not the worst game ever made, far from it, but it is definitely the game that has given me the least amount of fun I've played in a long time.

That game turned out to be my new crack for a while as Diablo w/ firearms happened to be something that was missing from my life all this time.

18 minutes ago, Jello said:

So... how do you cycle weapons or reload with that configuration? I really can't see how it would be easier in GoldenEye. The C buttons are for strafe and look, joystick for movement. A to cycle weapons forward or 'use' if in front of a door or switch, B would reload. Are you really moving your thumb away from the stick to open doors, change weapons, or reload? Seems like it would be more awkward than simply moving your finger from a c button to or b. And don't tell me I played GoldenEye wrong, I beat Nintendo Power's best time on all of their challenges, including The Facility on 00 Agent, 1:41 seconds biatch!

I'm not of the mind that there actually is a wrong way to hold it, that's why I put little quotey things around the word wrong, because it's not exactly the right term to use. It's just that people never even thought to hold it in a variety of ways. Cycle through weapons with B, open doors with A - Not too hard to reach with your right hand. Well, not for me anyway (Also I've beaten Facility on 00 Agent as well since this was a challenge among my friends a couple years back, though I wasn't timing it)

It's even easier in Doom64 because you can just use L to open doors or change guns, depending on what's more comfortable. My point was that the controller worked better and was more versatile than people give it credit for.

Gabelstapler Simulator 2014: Hell's Warehouse DLC

It's a forklift simulator game (it's true, the average German loves to relax after a long day at work by driving a virtual forklift).

But as the icing on the shit-cake, they added badly animated zombies. It's even worse than it sounds.

Spoiler

It's awful late to be doing cynical cash-ins on Staplerfahrer Klaus. That movie is what, ten years old? Fifteen?

On 5/6/2017 at 5:02 AM, cyan0s1s said:

I think Turok 2's major advantages over the first is the wider variety of enemies, more gore and some of the new weapons are pretty cool.

Cerebral Bore. That is all. I can still hear the drilling sound distinctly in my memory.

This is gonna be a generic "worst game" answer, but i had the "pleasure" to experience the shitfest know to man as superman 64

No other game comes close, i mean i've played a lot of crap, but when i first played this game, i had zero idea about the reputation it had, my dad just bought it for us to play and bam, 30 minutes later we returned the game. 

Kids these days can just look for a review or a video to see if a game it's good. Back in my day we had to either wait every month for a magazine review, or just pray to god that the game didn't sucked before we played *old man grunt*

On 5/8/2017 at 0:13 AM, HorrorMovieGuy said:

Which one, the original? As much as I enjoy it, they didn't hit their stride until 2.

The Bionicle tie-in game for that first movie they made, on PS2. I'd read about some open world Bionicle game  which sounded Metroidvania styled and assumed this was it. Actually, it was a horribly easy series of linear platformers or rail sections. I beat it in one sitting and returned it for an exchange for the first DMC, I think.

The first TimeSplitters and Midnight Club (both also PS2) are unbelievably bad compared to their sequels, so having played the sequels first I was very disappointed.

I'm trying to think of one that wasn't merely very disappointing and was actually completely terrible, but for the life of me nothing is coming to mind. Even Daikatana, Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines were enjoyable for me... Possibly because I went in with low expectations and was then pleasantly surprised. Couch co-op on Aliens CM helped a lot too, I imagine.

6 hours ago, Phobus said:

The first TimeSplitters...

As much as a fanboy of 2 and Future Perfect I am I have to agree that TimeSplitters 1 is awful and I absolutely despise it.

I remember seeing some teaser trailer a year or so ago which hinted at a possible new Timsplitters game, it didn't actually show much besides floating green crystal fragments with hard to pick out images of the past game as reflections on them.

Edited by Avoozl

When Free Radical Design was still a thing, they hinted at making a sequel to Future Perfect many times. I remember frequently visiting their website after they released Future Perfect and they always seemed to have a good sense of humour about things. Then financial-issues struck, they got nommed by Crytek, and they developed Haze, one of the biggest flops of the last generation.

I personally enjoyed all of the TimeSplitters games. While the first one is definitely the weakest, I still liked it for what it was.

Now here's an unpopular opinion: I completely hate Mass Effect. I have the first Mass Effect game sitting on my shelf, and I have no intention of ever playing it again. To me, this is one of the most awkward and bumbling action "RPG"s I've ever played. In my opinion, the action is very tedious, and I didn't give one single crap about the story. The typically awful BioWare story-writing didn't exactly keep my interest either. Especially coming from games like Jade Empire (which I enjoyed), I think this is BioWare at their worst and I know a lot of people will want to burn me at the stake for saying that.

28 minutes ago, Agentbromsnor said:

I think this is BioWare at their worst

I disagree, I enjoyed mass effect 1+2, but after that Bioware went to the shitter for me. I typically stay away from their games now.

13 hours ago, dethtoll said:

Which one, the original? As much as I enjoy it, they didn't hit their stride until 2.

Yeah, it's the first one. I generally enjoy non-RPG games with RPG elements, and the weapon system with the random attributes thing sounded interesting, so I decided to check it out. But so far, I've found the combat to be really monotonous, the weapons unsatisfying, and all the enemies so far seem to be just variations of grunts and mutant dogs(which I guess makes sense given the Mad Max'ish setting).

On 4/30/2017 at 1:06 AM, Uncle 80 said:

Oh wow, Nerves Of Steel looks like a clinical depression-inducer :o

Especially when you try to to a complete let's play of it like I did, only to find two of the three episodes have bugs that can prevent you from even beating them.

On 4/30/2017 at 7:34 AM, nxGangGirl said:

I used to play a lot on my nes, snes, and arcade emulators when I was little. And I've played quite a few shitty games on there, but I think this one takes the cake.

For the time it was actually made (1984) Hydlide is a pretty good game, barring the awful music no matter which port you're playing. Problem is it didn't come out on the NES until 1989. That's like the original Wolf3D being released at the same time as Quake 2.

On 30/04/2017 at 2:15 AM, Aquanet said:

Also the Binding of Isaac

This fucker almost acid-burned my fingers off as a small child. A design fault in the first release caused the D-batteries to leak.