Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

What is the worst game you have ever played?

Worst game I played was some obscure WW2 FPS that felt like a poor and broken RtCW clone. I can't remember the title though, something with "snow" or "avalanche", and probably also "operation" or "project"...

Don't know if this counts because it was some bootleg-havin'-ass SNES hack that attempted to make a Sonic game out of a Speedy Gonzales platformer. Needless to say it's absolutely GAHBIDGE and, at least as far as the version I played is concerned, it is literally impossible to beat, the game craps out after a few levels. It's just sloppy, ugly and the attempt to translate Speedy's moves to Sonic's is just shit. There's something highly amusing about the spectacle of it.

The games i make in fps creator. *They are the worst*     

Also theres Ethnic Cleansing ,Serious Sam 2 *It gives me that uncanny valley feeling* and the fnaf series *Terrible games,Way to overrated and the fans are just plain AWFUL!*

Edited by MrD!zone

23 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

It didn't happen to be Mortyr right?

E: URL tag works when it feels like it. http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/mortyr-2093-1944

No, not Mortyr. Like I said, it had a generic title, something with winter or snow. It also had a snowy setting and annoying fog.

Mortyr isn't that bad, at least it had some cool settings, like the future Nazi state. The game was really bland in comparison.

18 minutes ago, Tetzlaff said:

No, not Mortyr. Like I said, it had a generic title, something with winter or snow. It also had a snowy setting and annoying fog.

Mortyr isn't that bad, at least it had some cool settings, like the future Nazi state. The game was really bland in comparison.

Ardennes Offensive?

Found it! It's called S.O.E.: Operation Avalanche and was released 2005.

There might be worse games but I remember this as one of the most awkward, glitched and bland games I played. I only played the first few levels though.

Edited by Tetzlaff

On 5/8/2017 at 2:33 PM, cyan0s1s said:

That game turned out to be my new crack for a while as Diablo w/ firearms happened to be something that was missing from my life all this time.

Have you checked out Shadow Warrior 2?

On 5/13/2017 at 6:18 PM, MrD!zone said:

The games i make in fps creator. *They are the worst*     

Also theres Ethnic Cleansing ,Serious Sam 2 *It gives me that uncanny valley feeling* and the fnaf series *Terrible games,Way to overrated and the fans are just plain AWFUL!*

From my understanding FPS Creator itself is pretty meh if that makes you feel any better.

People knock on Serious Sam 2 way too much TBH. While it suffers from a lack of a well-defined creative direction, there are plenty of good ideas contained within, and the shooting is as solid as it's ever been.

Also the Steam version of Serious Sam 2 now comes with InSamnity!2 which is a pretty kickass mod.

I don't think the shooting in Serious Sam was ever good to begin with, to be honest. The weapon and enemy designs felt weak and uninspired. The difficulty was also wildly inconsistent, and the level of challenge felt artificial. A good first person shooter should challenge you by making you reevaluate your tactics and pressuring you to get better, rather than just mindlessly spawning the near-exact same hordes of enemies on top of you over and over without any rhyme or reason. I never once felt any sense of accomplishment while playing Serious Sam, and have no desire to ever play any of its sequels. It's a shame, as I think that Sam Stone is a really likeable and funny protagonist.

Painkiller was exponentially better, but never received the same level of popularity for some reason. 

I played through the first 75% of the game on hard mode, and then remaining 25% on normal. By that point I just wanted it to be over. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other first person shooter that I've played through that I beat on a difficulty setting below the relative equivalent of hard mode. My problem wasn't that the game was hard, my problem was that it was tedious, lazy and cheap. 

28 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Painkiller was exponentially better, but never received the same level of popularity for some reason. 

Painkiller has the same problem you described in Serious Sam, although (and bearing in mind I haven't played SS) it seems to me the enemy and weapon designs are a bit more creative. However, it's still a game centered around locking you in vague arenas while the same two or three enemies spawn randomly, usually leading you to back into a corner trying to fight off a dozen of them at a time. I just don't find this particularly satisfying. Doom '16 has a huge variety of enemies and often the arenas you get locked in are really large scale and topologically diverse.

I'm not knocking the formula. The environments in Painkiller were far more varied and complex when compared to Serious Sam, and there was a greater emphasis on exploration. Painkiller has numerous flaws (most notably the abysmal writing, and the horrid boss encounters), but it more than made up for them by its sterling enemy and weapon designs. 

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

I don't think the shooting in Serious Sam was ever good to begin with, to be honest. The weapon and enemy designs felt weak and uninspired. The difficulty was also wildly inconsistent, and the level of challenge felt artificial. A good first person shooter should challenge you by making you reevaluate your tactics and pressuring you to get better, rather than just mindlessly spawning the near-exact same hordes of enemies on top of you over and over without any rhyme or reason. I never once felt any sense of accomplishment while playing Serious Sam, and have no desire to ever play any of its sequels. It's a shame, as I think that Sam Stone is a really likeable and funny protagonist.

The problem here is that you're comparing the best game in the PK series to the worst game in the Serious Sam series. Also you're playing it wrong if you think that there are no tactics involved in the combat in Serious Sam. Ammo management, situational awareness and predictive movement are all factors that are at play.

I didn't like Painkiller either, oddly enough, even though I like its aesthetic more, Serious Sam just seems a lot more tighter in the overall design.

2 hours ago, ArcheKruz said:

The problem here is that you're comparing the best game in the PK series to the worst game in the Serious Sam series. Also you're playing it wrong if you think that there are no tactics involved in the combat in Serious Sam. Ammo management, situational awareness and predictive movement are all factors that are at play.

Serious Sam: The First Encounter is the highest rated game in the series by both fans and critics by a country mile. I've often heard fans go on about how awful the second game is and how mediocre the third one is.

The game's combat is dirt basic. Usually little more than circle strafing hordes of the same dull, brain-dead enemies in an open, flat field. Often there will be segments where I'll have to creep around corners, and safely pick off enemies from a distance. These segments are slow, boring, and almost completely without ramification. Ammo management, as well as knowing what weapons to use were never an issue for me. My situational awareness in first person shooters is well above reproach, but my abilities can only go so far when enemies are obtusely spawning from all directions, and death often comes down to bad fortune more than anything. The sound mixing is so bad, it can be very difficult to know where enemies (beheaded kamikazes in particular) are coming from exactly. 

Serious sam has it's issues, But I find it somehwat enjoyable compared to painkiller, Neither hold a candle to any of the Dooms or quakes imo though. I will say Serious sam shines on its harder difficulties far better than the lower difficulties, and I think that's because it's a doom clone with simpler mechanics than Doom itself.

Platypus or so it's called... A side scrolling shmup that was interesting for how it's been animated: All the enemy sprites were pictures of handmade play-do(ugh?) models.

The problems with this game:

-Super repetitive levels

-dreadful earrape lo-fi soundtrack that didn't even work in "stereo" properly, meaning all the music constantly violated one ear drum at an isanely high base volume, while it made me feel nigh-deaf on the other ear.

-On top of that, it featured a very poorly integrated mouse control for movement, which scaled mouse movement in so "alien" ways that using the mouse (which I never did in any other shmup anyways) felt like a real handycap even after trying to readjust it, or adjust myself to it, for that matter.

-The disadvantage of the art style was that it made it difficult to tell enemy sprites and environment apart at times, especially when you were looking at the screen without having anything "on focus". Which is a definitive bummer in a non-bullet-hell-shmup such as this one.

-Icing on the cake was the 30fps capped framerate.

Sure, it's an indie game, it may have its troubles here and there, but the collection of issues above is more than I am willing to forgive, and there's lots of nitpicks I could make on top of these more pressing problems. Verdict: Induces headache. Not recommended.

17 hours ago, Ajora said:

Serious Sam: The First Encounter is the highest rated game in the series by both fans and critics by a country mile. I've often heard fans go on about how awful the second game is and how mediocre the third one is.

The game's combat is dirt basic. Usually little more than circle strafing hordes of the same dull, brain-dead enemies in an open, flat field. Often there will be segments where I'll have to creep around corners, and safely pick off enemies from a distance. These segments are slow, boring, and almost completely without ramification. Ammo management, as well as knowing what weapons to use were never an issue for me. My situational awareness in first person shooters is well above reproach, but my abilities can only go so far when enemies are obtusely spawning from all directions, and death often comes down to bad fortune more than anything. The sound mixing is so bad, it can be very difficult to know where enemies (beheaded kamikazes in particular) are coming from exactly. 

Fan opinions are the most easily polarized, this is true for fans of pretty much any gaming franchise.

I'll have to point out that Serious Sam had the best implementation of directional sound that I've heard in a long time, I've never had any issues figuring out where an enemy is coming from. Also, if you knew what weapon to use and have a good sense of situational awareness, you wouldn't be dying so much.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:28 AM, Tetzlaff said:

Worst game I played was some obscure WW2 FPS that felt like a poor and broken RtCW clone. I can't remember the title though, something with "snow" or "avalanche", and probably also "operation" or "project"...

This Game?

6 hours ago, ArcheKruz said:

I'll have to point out that Serious Sam had the best implementation of directional sound that I've heard in a long time, I've never had any issues figuring out where an enemy is coming from. Also, if you knew what weapon to use and have a good sense of situational awareness, you wouldn't be dying so much.

I actually find gauging sound distance to be the biggest problem in Serious Sam, a kamikaze that sounds like its right on top of me is actually far away still.

1 hour ago, Doominator2 said:

This Game?

Yes, exactly this game. I posted the same vid a few post above ;)

Painkiller > Serious Sam, and for basically the exact reasons Ajora said.  PK's lock-in "arenas" generally aren't just big open flat areas where you hold down S and D while shooting forever.

First Encounter has some pretty legit level design at times though.  So does SS3.  The problem is, those are exceptions in those games, rather than the rule.  Also, SS3's monster spawning really sucks; it loves spawning enemies two feet behind you.

For Honor was rife with connection issues from a beta that was literally 2 days away from release. I couldn't enjoy the game because of that. Only game I truly became a critic with.

And Undertale was underwhelming to me sadly, I was looking forward to getting the game for my sister and enjoying it with her, but it was boring to me.

I guess it's just because it wasn't the type of game I would like overall. 

Sorry Undertale fans. :(