Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

What is the worst game you have ever played?

On 5/23/2017 at 1:32 AM, cyan0s1s said:

I actually find gauging sound distance to be the biggest problem in Serious Sam, a kamikaze that sounds like its right on top of me is actually far away still.

That only seems to be an issue with the newer engines. IMO they got it right the first time.

Serious Sam 1 (FE and SE) had great multiple-waves arena battles. You don't have to just stand there and fire brainlessly. It becomes fun when you circle-strafe the hordes in spiraling loops so that they slowly huddle together in a pile, then drop grenades or fire rockets into them. Horde combat tactics like that.

Serious Sam 2 didn't have many arena battles of that quality, the monsters mostly came streaming towards you in corridor-like setups.

Hard question, I have seen a lot of games but very little of them was bad. But sometimes there is cardinal shit in webgames. I remember that in 00s there was some web game, that I and my friend ran at his place and there was just some stupid cartoony image animating in 2 states, and stupid music, and the keyboard/mouse input didnt work at all. He tried a lot of things - all keys, clicking, mouse movement, ran it in different browser, and so. We didnt even know what it was supposed to do. At that point it clearly got much more time from us than it deserved, but for some reason it pissed us off that it doesnt work. He tried the same things, cause got no better idea, and then he finally got mad cause the goddamn music repeated and slowly pissed him off during it all - and he slapped the speaker so it fell of table and yelled on it to shut up! I laughed, cause he is even angrier than me when something doesnt work. But the best part was that the speaker wasnt turned off, so it continued playing behind the table, so he was kicking it on floor and swearing, before we closed the game. Also, after that we wrote comment: "great game" and gave it 10 stars out of 10.

7 Days to Die - A friend told me to get it so we could play together. It was the worst Open-World Sandbox Survival Crafting game I've ever played, and I've played them all.
Crash Twinsanity & Crash of the Titans - Both huge disappointments in the Crash Bandicoot series; they tried something new and failed miserably
The Secret World - Good concept but bad design
Brutal Legend - Expected so much better but got a shitty platformer with little redemption when playing
You Don't Know Jack Series - My friend made me buy the entire pack promising it would be so much fun for a party game. It turns out sense of humor gets outdated after a few years.

Bit Heroes - Great soundtrack, decent gameplay, but I deleted the app when I opened a chest and had to watch a fucking Mobile Strike ad in order to receive the loot.

Hearthstone - A game I wouldn't recommend to anybody. A fun concept, but a children's MTG nonetheless. I would've enjoyed it more if they kept Heroes of Warcraft and kept adding more Warcraft characters and NPCs as cards. Instead they started inventing new characters with children's artwork. Then, Blizzard had the great idea of releasing 4 expansions per year. If you wanna stay on-top of the meta and climb the ladder at all, you'll need to spend at least $50 per expansion to make a deck worth using. IRL CCGs and TCGs are cheaper than that ffs, and I'm getting a physical card instead of some pixels on a computer screen.

Those are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head, although there are definitely much worse. Back in the late 90s-early 00s, I remember getting a few of those "1000 Games for Windows" disks that had a bunch of shareware and old game demos in them. 99% of those felt like games some kids made for a high-school OOP project.

21 hours ago, stru said:

7 Days to Die - A friend told me to get it so we could play together. It was the worst Open-World Sandbox Survival Crafting game I've ever played, and I've played them all.
Crash Twinsanity & Crash of the Titans - Both huge disappointments in the Crash Bandicoot series; they tried something new and failed miserably
The Secret World - Good concept but bad design
Brutal Legend - Expected so much better but got a shitty platformer with little redemption when playing
You Don't Know Jack Series - My friend made me buy the entire pack promising it would be so much fun for a party game. It turns out sense of humor gets outdated after a few years.

Bit Heroes - Great soundtrack, decent gameplay, but I deleted the app when I opened a chest and had to watch a fucking Mobile Strike ad in order to receive the loot.

Hearthstone - A game I wouldn't recommend to anybody. A fun concept, but a children's MTG nonetheless. I would've enjoyed it more if they kept Heroes of Warcraft and kept adding more Warcraft characters and NPCs as cards. Instead they started inventing new characters with children's artwork. Then, Blizzard had the great idea of releasing 4 expansions per year. If you wanna stay on-top of the meta and climb the ladder at all, you'll need to spend at least $50 per expansion to make a deck worth using. IRL CCGs and TCGs are cheaper than that ffs, and I'm getting a physical card instead of some pixels on a computer screen.

Those are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head, although there are definitely much worse. Back in the late 90s-early 00s, I remember getting a few of those "1000 Games for Windows" disks that had a bunch of shareware and old game demos in them. 99% of those felt like games some kids made for a high-school OOP project.

Not going to harp on you since It's your opinion and I don't want to force it on anyone. But I particularly liked Hearthstone quite a bit. Is it expensive to get on the leaderboards, sure, but IMO I never wanted to get on the leaderboard anyway. I just want to enjoy a card game for once (Since I'm not a big fan of card games)

Kiddy artwork is all about preference, albeit it's probably an unpopular opinion since a lot of people played WOW at the time and it has that cartoon artwork just like Hearthstone. Then again, this is coming from someone who loves playing Overwatch every now and then.

I'm hoping that upcoming Gwent Card game by CD Projekt Red is a success, because I'm a big fan on the Witcher franchise and I'd love to play a different card game rather than be stuck with Hearthstone as the only card game to play.

4 minutes ago, ZALGO said:

Not going to harp on you since It's your opinion and I don't want to force it on anyone. But I particularly liked Hearthstone quite a bit. Is it expensive to get on the leaderboards, sure, but IMO I never wanted to get on the leaderboard anyway. I just want to enjoy a card game for once (Since I'm not a big fan of card games)

Kiddy artwork is all about preference, albeit it's probably an unpopular opinion since a lot of people played WOW at the time and it has that cartoon artwork just like Hearthstone. Then again, this is coming from someone who loves playing Overwatch every now and then.

I'm hoping that upcoming Gwent Card game by CD Projekt Red is a success, because I'm a big fan on the Witcher franchise and I'd love to play a different card game rather than be stuck with Hearthstone as the only card game to play.

Hearthstone was fun, but got very annoying when it was just aggro decks left and right and very little diversity in ranked play. Everybody runs the same 2-3 Tier 1 decks and it just got old to me very quick. The artwork has also gotten progressively worse. When they were pulling characters from Warcraft (Sylvanas, Ragnaros, Tirion, etc.), the artwork was like beefed up HD versions of their in-game artwork. Now, they've resorted to dinosaurs and farm animals. Like really..? Come on. Overwatch is also a totally different style, and Overwatch's artwork is actually REALLY good. It's more "Arcade-like" than it is "Cartoony". 

And Gwent kicks ass, but came at a very bad time. There's SO many competitors now that it'll be hard to force its way in (even though it's been relatively big since Witcher 3). But now you have Shadowverse, Elder Scrolls, Duelyst, Magic Duels, even Yugioh is making a comeback. And Hearthstone is still the biggest of them all, topping Twitch and eSports around the world. Regardless of how great The Witcher 3 was, CDPR has to compete with Blizzard, Wizards of the Coast, Konami, Bethesda, and all these little indie companies for it to actually succeed. And that's the only way it's gonna get the support it needs to stay alive for a long period of time.

Hearthstone can be fun, but in the end it's too focused on luck. Its why bots were able to get to legend status no problem. its got some cool concepts, it's just the way the decks and low card limits promote luck that really limit the game for me personally.

Twisted Metal 4 is actually a competent, good looking, perfectly playable game, but in comparison to the series' finer moments (1, 2, Black, Head On and the 2012 reboot), it's pretty shitty. Boxy, empty levels, way too many gimmicky vehicles, tons of wasted potential, terrible characters and cutscenes, a shit soundtrack and an overall unsatisfying experience. I think as a standalone game it's decent if not pretty good, but the series had created such a high benchmark for vehicular combat that it just ends up being a real turd. It wasn't developed by co-creator Dave Jaffe, but rather 989 Studios, and I suspect they just weren't clear on what made the series so good to begin with.

On 2017-5-31 at 1:22 AM, stru said:

In regards to 7 days to die, I can understand why people can hate the game. It has so many damn flaws that can punish a player significantly for its issues that begs to question the developer's priorities or competency.

However, if you somehow manage to get past the painfully slow start the game can be addictive. Unlimited content with minecraft mining / building mechanics in a zombie survivor can work when you start carrying a reliable gun,  effective melee and start breaking into buildings looting for goods and hiding from zombie hordes. But the game demands too much patience and tolerance from a player before it's entertaining.

Well, the worst gaming purchase I've ever made was buying Empire Earth 2 for $60 on release. It didn't have the same charm as the original, ran like crap for the mediocre visuals it had and the mouse cursor was tied to the FPS - meaning it went from precise to laggy as hell all the time. Haven't shelved any game as quick as that one. Then again, that was over 10 years ago. 

And in regards to Hearthstone: I've played it seriously for about half a year, hit Legend 4/6 of the months I've went for it, but after taking a break there's too much of a financial investment to get back into playing again due to Blizzard constantly shitting out Adventures which have mandatory cards you can't craft. There is always Arena, but that ends up being an even bigger RNG crapshoot than playing ladder with an optimized deck.

Duke Nukem Forever... I really feel bad even about admiting that.

Dead Effect... Holy crap this game was really bad in PC, but Dead Effect 2 was quite nice.

Dementium II HD... this game was in small-polite words: Really crappy. 

GTA V... i play it in PS3 and i have to say is really fun, but for PC... GIVE ME BACK MY 40 $! I CANT EVEN PLAY! Goddamn error 202

Legendary... this was a big hype train to hole-to-nowhere-land. The game was fun, bad opt but fun, yet guess what? Is not even finished so you cant get the ending.

Orion Prelude: I am a big fan of dinosaurs, this game was really fun! But shit, his devs are just utterly crap, really bad people, really.

.-''Feel the pain one last time.''

Tie between Dino Crisis 3 and Borderlands.

I'm sure I'm missing one but I don't remember it right now, probably for the best.

I wanted to add two more games to the list I made previously.

Duke Nukem Land of the Babes. My problem with it is that it tries to be 3D, like any other game in the market at that time and it forgets about gameplay. It feels like a reskin of Tomb Raider and let me tell you that I didn't enjoy the combat in the first Tomb Raiders, because the controls focused around puzzles and platforming.

Its saving grace is that here you can understand the environment, while in Tomb Raider, the colors were puke green, puke brown, puke grey, e.t.c.

But still, the enemies are not reasonable to face in combat. Especially in that 3rd level I think, where you mount a turret gun, you have a damn space ship firing at you and there are some bastards under it that also damage you and by the time you feel their presence, a major chunk of your health is lost. I quit playing the game after that.

I may be hanged for this one, but I didn't enjoy playing it, so I don't care.

The Last of Us. YEPPPP YOU HEARD ME WELL!!! THE LAST OF US!!!

My friend who has a PS3 lent me this game, so that I can finish it and have fun. He likes it and I said: "Sure, I will give it a try."

So, I start playing and what do I see. It is a typical, boring console cover shooter (played Uncharted 3 before, but I didn't hate that game). Just great! And the story is about zombos, like we didn't have enough of those already. The only memorable thing about this game are the clickers, which was an ok idea for an enemy. 

Also, the story is supposed to be that award winning masterpiece, but I just couldn't feel it. It seemed to me like it was too bland, too boring, too not good for me to care. All this brown everywhere just doesn't work (I always appreciate a good story and ask me for examples of good stories if you don't believe me, but this one didn't seem good).

And if disliking the game as is wasn't enough, the game decided to become glitched, so my 75% progress died, because I got stuck to a point where you could do nothing to progress. JUST GREAT!!! Now that reinforced my hate for the game to a level where it can't be fixed or reduced.

You can call me crazy for not liking it or anything, but I won't be there kissing the feet of the game for everything right that it does, when there are a hundred things that it does wrong. I don't care if it won 200000 awards! If I don't like it, then I don't like it. So simple!

And you know what? My other friend who has a pc, also doesn't like this game. So I know that I am not the only one.

8 hours ago, Red said:

Tie between Dino Crisis 3 and Borderlands.

I'm sure I'm missing one but I don't remember it right now, probably for the best.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Borderlands. It was what got me back into doom because it was just pointless mayhem...pre-sequel was CRAP though.

Not sure if I would have loved it so much if it wasn't for the local coop with my wife.

But the worst game I have ever played...... Shadow of the colossus..

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

What the...

Lol I knew I would get a reaction like this. But after the first climb it was just soooo damn boring.

To each its own. I abhor online multiplayer games like c&c, COD, BF1 CSGO, etc...even though the games themselves look fun. I can't even stand GTAV because after the story, it just kind of begs you to play online. I am just really hard to please. The only games in the last 10+ years I have liked are Doom1&2(duh),Borderlands, Dying light, The Last of Us, Uncharted series, Portal 1/2 , HL2 and The Talos Principle. The latter being my all time favorite game.

On 21.05.2017 at 8:53 PM, Nine Inch Heels said:

Platypus or so it's called...

It hurts my heart to see this, because back when it was originally released (2002) it was a neat, "proper" shmup for PC (when most of the shoot'em-ups were either bad Galaga clones, or not-too-great shareware releases, with occasional gem like Solaris 104) with original visuals and music made by C64 remix scene. Sadly, it wasn't terribly compatible with newer versions of Windows, being done in Blitz Basic, and publisher not only didn't care, but also released a horrible sequel.

The developer, on the other hand, was scammed out of royalties from many re-releases: https://www.tigsource.com/2006/12/06/anthony-flack-made-platypus/ and the game, now barely working on Win7/8/10, is still being sold on Steam.

doom 64

after playing ultimate doom and loving it, but being severely disappointed by doom 2 and somehow even more disappointed by TNT, I thought it honestly couldn't get any worse

but boy oh boy did doom 64 really knock my socks off with how awful it was

It sounds like you actually dislike most of the official Doom campaigns. What did Ultimate Doom get right that both Doom2 and Doom64 get so wrong as to qualify as "worst games you've ever played"? It sounds like you have extremely specific taste in maps if neither of them had any appeal to you, both present quite a variety in terms of level design, atmosphere and gameplay/difficulty.

9 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

What did Ultimate Doom get right that both Doom2 and Doom64 get so wrong as to qualify as "worst games you've ever played"?

I didn't say Doom 2 (or TNT) was one of the worst games I've ever played, just Doom 64. Doom 2 and TNT are still bad games in my opinion, but definitely no where near the worst games I've ever played.

And yeah, I guess I do dislike most of the official Doom games. The only ones I really like are Ultimate Doom, Plutonia, No Rest for the Living, and RoE. Haven't played PSX Doom but it looks pretty cool.

8 hours ago, bonnie said:

but boy oh boy did doom 64 really knock my socks off with how awful it was

We can never be friends.

Temper Tantrum : You know the game is shit when it is only bought to troll gift people. Honorable mention to whatever is the stupid game where you drive a bus forever.

Just now, Pegg said:

Honorable mention to whatever is the stupid game where you drive a bus forever.

Desert Bus. They do it for charities though.

3 hours ago, Pegg said:

Temper Tantrum : You know the game is shit when it is only bought to troll gift people. Honorable mention to whatever is the stupid game where you drive a bus forever.

Do you know about the Jimquisition? He literally had a little war with the makers of Temper Tantrum. He or they are called digital homicide. These guys mass produce low quality games, sue critics and threaten steam reviewers. I believe they were one of the very few publishers steam banned.